Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Master Lock Padlock, Standard Dial Combination Lock, 1-7/8 in. Wide, Pink, 1530DPNK - $4.00

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 6:34 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Master Lock Padlock, Standard Dial Combination Lock, 1-7/8 in. Wide, Pink, 1530DPNK - $4.00

Don't normally see Master locks at Dollarama, but this was at the Bayview/Eglinton location for $4:

Sells for $11.87 @ Amazon.ca:

https://www.amazon.ca/Master-Lock-Stand ... B0029Z9T7O

If you see one at your local store, pick one up for a good cause.
14 replies
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
212 posts
63 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
For those that may not know, Master Lock is now owned by Sentry Safe, so they're a pretty big U.S. company with U.S. telephone support.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
Has the security of these improved in the past couple of decades? I used them in high school. Sometimes I forgot the combo. Took about 5-10min. to pick by short-cut brute force.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
recordman wrote: Has the security of these improved in the past couple of decades? I used them in high school. Sometimes I forgot the combo. Took about 5-10min. to pick by short-cut brute force.
They can still be picked in 5 minutes. Not a problem for most uses.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
recordman wrote: Has the security of these improved in the past couple of decades? I used them in high school. Sometimes I forgot the combo. Took about 5-10min. to pick by short-cut brute force.
just u a pair of big scissors and u can cut some bolts. or any homedepot tool saw on sale
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jul 18, 2019
103 posts
70 upvotes
I have one of these that I use for a gym lock.

Works well, doesn’t get jammed up like the Dudley locks do.

Probably the best choice for a gym or school locker since there’s enough traffic that no one is going to walk in with a pair of bolt cutters and slice it.

Outdoors it’s pretty much just a deterrent, you can cut these in a couple of seconds. You just use this to hope that the thief is lazy and finds an easier target
Feb 24, 2019
805 posts
1354 upvotes
in this thread: people that watch lockpicking youtubes

fyi any lock in the world can be picked or broken. it's just the time and noise required to do so that makes it a deterrent
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
KingMoobot wrote: in this thread: people that watch lockpicking youtubes

fyi any lock in the world can be picked or broken. it's just the time and noise required to do so that makes it a deterrent
This is a $4 item in a $1 store. I expect a high-end product.
signature closed for renovation
Dec 3, 2007
996 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
recordman wrote: This is a $4 item in a $1 store. I expect a high-end product.
In early 2009 Dollarama began to introduce items priced up to $2.00 (including $1.25 and $1.50 price points). Due to the positive response from consumers to the multi-price point strategy, the stores subsequently introduced items at $2.50 and $3.00 in August 2012. They again increased price points to include $3.50 and $4.00 items in August 2016.
Jan 1, 2016
318 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I see a lot of posts for great dollarama deals, but never seem to be able to find any in my local Dollaramas in BC. They must be smaller or I'm not looking in the right place. Any fellow RFDers in the GVRD areas can recommend a larger Dollarama with better stock?
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
SuperOxide wrote: I see a lot of posts for great dollarama deals, but never seem to be able to find any in my local Dollaramas in BC. They must be smaller or I'm not looking in the right place. Any fellow RFDers in the GVRD areas can recommend a larger Dollarama with better stock?
Thanks!
Up here in PG the items often show up after a week or two. Maybe they normally hit the shelves out east first. But I’d say at least half of the items posted on RFD do eventually show up. So maybe check back later?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
SuperOxide wrote: I see a lot of posts for great dollarama deals, but never seem to be able to find any in my local Dollaramas in BC. They must be smaller or I'm not looking in the right place. Any fellow RFDers in the GVRD areas can recommend a larger Dollarama with better stock?
Thanks!
I've had luck seeing a bunch of the deals at the Terra Nova location in Richmond.. but even then, it's a hit and miss.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2716 posts
2392 upvotes
Toronto
Master lock is a good product, but be wary of buying cheap locks at Dollarama. Had a bike lock from them on my bike that rusted up, and I ended up having to use bolt cutters to get it off which was very inconvenient.