Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Meguiar's Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel 4$

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 9:13 am
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2010
1022 posts
2153 upvotes
Alberta
MafiaHitman wrote: Anyone seen them in Calgary?
There's a whole bunch at Dollarama TransCanada location at 1440 52 St NE. I just bought three. Thanks OP! :)
Images
  • BCFF6064-E871-4F98-8081-B6437FDCE966.jpeg
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one yesterday. Is it any good?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
picked up a couple at the Kingsway location (near Royal Oak/ Imperial). There is about 5 left
😃
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2963 posts
388 upvotes
I use these way before dollarama ever even have them... Truth is they are good but not so good to the point you guys are literally hunting for them

The biggest advantage is these are really huge way larger than any absob or shamwow you see normally. It's almost twice the size.

Again. These are good and honestly can be use in many area of the house, but don't go crazy over these
Look here
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3947 posts
1378 upvotes
Vancouver
carmaster wrote: Bought one yesterday. Is it any good?
When I was putting my car wash kit together, this was one of the items I ordered (at regular price!) based on research. I think it works really well at drying the car. After rinsing the suds, I drape this towel over the car to pick up the droplets to avoid water spots. I eventually got tired of hand drying so I transitioned to using a California jelly water blade. But I'll probably get back to drying with a towel now that I picked up 2 more of these.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
redblack wrote: Found some at the Shaganappi location in Calgary. I grabbed 8, about 6 left

Slightly different packaging from one I bought last year at Canadian tire.

Dollarama on the left
No french wording on the Dollarama ones. Wonder if they're sold in QC stores?
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
I'm one of those dumb people who obsessed over microfibre towels. I've spent $400 and towels and "microfibre detergent".

Drying towels hold more water but get heavy. They're the same thing as the waffle-weave towels janitors use to soak up spills. The throw and pull drying method is a waste of time and invented to sell towels. If you want to dry your car faster, cut the towels into smaller sizes and dry your car like a normal human being.

Do you need this? No, it is perfectly fine to dry microfiber towels, but for $4 it's cheaper than generic janitorial towels.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1861 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal
trystee wrote: No french wording on the Dollarama ones. Wonder if they're sold in QC stores?
I haven't found any in Montreal (marche Central, Atwater). I'm in Mississauga for the weekend and found them at the square one Dollarama 3 left when i left today
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
441278904 wrote: I'm one of those dumb people who obsessed over microfibre towels. I've spent $400 and towels and "microfibre detergent".

Drying towels hold more water but get heavy. They're the same thing as the waffle-weave towels janitors use to soak up spills. The throw and pull drying method is a waste of time and invented to sell towels. If you want to dry your car faster, cut the towels into smaller sizes and dry your car like a normal human being.

Do you need this? No, it is perfectly fine to dry microfiber towels, but for $4 it's cheaper than generic janitorial towels.
Isn’t the throw and pull more about mitigating the marring in the car?

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2278 posts
1888 upvotes
I use a 600cfm blower on my car, but still use towels. The benefit of a blower is to move the bulk of the water off the car but mainly the crevices. You cant completely remove all water and a towel is still needed...if not you will have water spots. My black car shows it but what I hate most are drip lines from pooling water, which can also lead to premature rust and a blower completely eliminates this.

As for this towel, passed on it today. I rather have 36 Costco yellow towels I switch often and are mutli-purpose then 6-7 of these.

Edt - saw them at woodside mall. One hanger full, so prob 6-7?
Mar 5, 2012
758 posts
498 upvotes
Canada
carmaster wrote: Bought one yesterday. Is it any good?
Let us know your thoughts as well please.
Sep 6, 2015
60 posts
129 upvotes
North York, ON
Bought a few at the Scarborough Town Centre Dollarama.

Seems to be a decent drying towel. Definitely worth buying more than one if you have a large vehicle.
Jun 12, 2020
98 posts
136 upvotes
HDawg wrote: Isn’t the throw and pull more about mitigating the marring in the car?
Like most RFDers, I drive a really expensive car. But even on my $200k Toyota Ferrari, it's a waste of time.

AMMO NYC on YouTube doesn't do it. He uses a damp microfibre towel and goes fast. PanTheOrganizer and that hyper dude who's probably abusing ADHD meds don't either.
Sep 3, 2008
75 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Just decent. The big microfiber towels I got at Walmart do a better job drying my car.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
eclone wrote: I use a 600cfm blower on my car, but still use towels. The benefit of a blower is to move the bulk of the water off the car but mainly the crevices. You cant completely remove all water and a towel is still needed...if not you will have water spots. My black car shows it but what I hate most are drip lines from pooling water, which can also lead to premature rust and a blower completely eliminates this.
If you regularly wax your car and keep the surface slick than once you use the blower the water should run off easily no need to follow up with any towel. If the surface isn't well maintained than yes even if you use a blower water won't run as freely and wet spots will remain. Especially owning a black car you want to avoid as much as possible running a towel back and forth over your paint.
Sep 5, 2020
16 posts
25 upvotes
Found some at the Tamarack location in Edmonton yesterday, 23rd Ave 17 St. There were about 14 or so left, in the automotive aisle
Nov 27, 2009
124 posts
27 upvotes
Doing my due diligence here for all my friends.

GVRD: None left on Kingsway and Victoria Dr, Burnaby Royal Oak, Downtown Seymour, and Hastings and Commercial locations!!
May 2, 2015
140 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GVRD had 6 left at Denman location downtown.