[Dollarama] Monster LED Light Strip $4

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 1:07 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2282 posts
481 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Curiosity wrote: Yup, found LOTS in my store in Woodstock, Ontario....also the HDMI cables in 4FT and 8FT lengths too...
@Curiosity which one? I was at the one next to foodland 3 days ago and they didn't seem to have any in the isle with the light bulbs, which is where they were last time. also, which section are they in?
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Nov 23, 2019
55 posts
28 upvotes
Dollarama at Trinity Mall/silver city doesn't have them, I was there visiting a friend.
Detective Snoopy out here just lookin' for the best deals!
Jan 15, 2016
408 posts
352 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
sixshot28 wrote: If anyone ol ally in winnipeg see's these please PM me.
Confusion corner one has this
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1618 posts
914 upvotes
crashxxx wrote: @Curiosity which one? I was at the one next to foodland 3 days ago and they didn't seem to have any in the isle with the light bulbs, which is where they were last time. also, which section are they in?
Hi @crashxxx looks like they are all sold out, once again...It was the location next to Foodland...the location next to No Frills has not had any in a long time...
What dancing banana ?
Dec 3, 2010
529 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Works great when plugged in to the TV's USB port. Light turns on/off with the TV. Too bad the light won't remember the state it was on last time as I find the default setting a bit too harsh.

Adhesive at the back is not worth a damn. I had to use 3M VHB tape for it to stay.
Sep 30, 2015
168 posts
32 upvotes
York, ON
That is why it is selling for $4
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1887 posts
334 upvotes
Picked up 2 for my 65" as I thought one wouldn't be enough to go around 3 sides properly (I was right). Fairly simple to splice 2 together if you have basic soldering skills. I ended up only using half of the second strip, which is actually a good thing since the end of the second strip was noticeably dimmer due to the voltage drop.

Since I only wanted the warm LEDs I cut the cable that supplied the ground connection to the cool LEDs. This also ensured that I wouldn't overload the USB port. So now when if powers on only the warm LEDs are lit.

And yes the adhesive sucks. Plan on using something else.

Not bad for $8 and now I have an extra IR reciever and remote I can use on other projects. I found mine at the Dixie/Dundas location in Mississauga.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14774 posts
2748 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Lots in Mississauga location on Derry/Mavis Food Basics plaza
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1416 posts
170 upvotes
Burnaby
GVRD: Surrey Central Mall has about 8 of them.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Nov 11, 2013
741 posts
739 upvotes
Calgary
There’s about a dozen or so at the sage hill location in Calgary.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2538 posts
3265 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
muffin_man wrote: Works great when plugged in to the TV's USB port. Light turns on/off with the TV. Too bad the light won't remember the state it was on last time as I find the default setting a bit too harsh.
Adhesive at the back is not worth a damn. I had to use 3M VHB tape for it to stay.
I picked one up as I used to have AliExpress ones on my old Hisense and they worked great on/off along with the TV with my new Hisense power continues to flow to the USB port even when the TV is off, looked at settings turned off/on energy savings option, after 15mins they were still lit. Maybe it's the built-in Roku OS that responsible for the TV being in a "sleep" rather then entirely off. My bedroom ATYME (no name tv) works like a charm with the RGB LED strip I got from Walmart when they were on clearance for $4.

Btw, anyone who wants a quality tape to keep this led strip attached to your TV, pickup the DURAMAX red acrylic double sided gel tape from Dollarama, it's $3.50 but it works fantastic.
Mar 2, 2015
178 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto, ON
abstract808 wrote: Picked up 2 for my 65" as I thought one wouldn't be enough to go around 3 sides properly (I was right). Fairly simple to splice 2 together if you have basic soldering skills. I ended up only using half of the second strip, which is actually a good thing since the end of the second strip was noticeably dimmer due to the voltage drop.

Since I only wanted the warm LEDs I cut the cable that supplied the ground connection to the cool LEDs. This also ensured that I wouldn't overload the USB port. So now when if powers on only the warm LEDs are lit.

And yes the adhesive sucks. Plan on using something else.

Not bad for $8 and now I have an extra IR reciever and remote I can use on other projects. I found mine at the Dixie/Dundas location in Mississauga.
Also bought mine at Dixie/Dundas location in Mississauga, over the weekend.
Feb 11, 2010
117 posts
122 upvotes
GTA
If your looking for these in the Scarborough east end (Markham & Sheppard) location have bunch of them across from the LED bulbs.
Jun 24, 2018
88 posts
14 upvotes
Brampton
Picked two at Dollarama at Mississauga Road. They had like 10 more in stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1168 posts
513 upvotes
Mount Pleasant & Eglinton had about 10 on the shelf as of closing today.