Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Monster USB LED 6.5FT with Remote

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 2:44 am
Jan 28, 2013
146 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Monster USB LED 6.5FT with Remote

Saw these Monster brand LED strips at Dollarama in Toronto.
Images
  • IMG_20200917_163724.jpg
69 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
ohhh, it's back again, I got one last time and used it under my bed
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
Last edited by GiOBoY on Sep 17th, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
are they plug in or battery operated ?
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
JohnnyQ89 wrote: Saw these Monster brand LED strips at Dollarama in Toronto.
Where was it?!which Dollarama?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17569 upvotes
Holy crap, I paid $10.99 for one of these on Amazon thinking I got a steal - some Dollarama flipper got me good.

I ended up returning it because while the light worked well, the default "on" state when powered on is to go the coolest, almost blue light - there's no memory or "last colour temp state" to set it to, so if I wanted a warm glow I'd have to use the remote every single time. That in itself was enough to return.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
mic2074 wrote: are they plug in or battery operated ?
pretty sure they plug into the USB
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
Anyone found any in BC/Metro Vancouver?
Dec 27, 2018
127 posts
166 upvotes
Coquitlam
Nah. It doesn't worth 4 bucks. The remote control barely work, the 2 sided tape also doesn't stick to clean and flat surfaces such as the back of my TV.... u can pay the same for RGB ones with better quality on Internet.
Dec 27, 2018
127 posts
166 upvotes
Coquitlam
In front of the waterfront.
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
1068 posts
425 upvotes
diegohv wrote: Nah. It doesn't worth 4 bucks. The remote control barely work, the 2 sided tape also doesn't stick to clean and flat surfaces such as the back of my TV.... u can pay the same for RGB ones with better quality on Internet.
Which better quality ones?
Dec 17, 2015
385 posts
270 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Holy crap, I paid $10.99 for one of these on Amazon thinking I got a steal - some Dollarama flipper got me good.

I ended up returning it because while the light worked well, the default "on" state when powered on is to go the coolest, almost blue light - there's no memory or "last colour temp state" to set it to, so if I wanted a warm glow I'd have to use the remote every single time. That in itself was enough to return.
Did you plug it into the TV usb port? I have mine plugged into a powerbar so it has power constantly, and it has a memory/last state when it turns on. Some TV usb ports are not always on if the TV is off.

Edit: nm, just reread it and the one you got may not have been identical to this unit.
Sep 8, 2019
95 posts
252 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Anyone found any in BC/Metro Vancouver?
Saw a couple at the North Vancouver location, but that was approximately a week and a half ago
Sep 25, 2019
134 posts
293 upvotes
At $4 a pop they get the job done. Previous posts on these leds suggest that one should buy the red double sided tape for it to adhere properly.

Someone mentioned for anything 55"(TV) and over its best to get 2 lights. But be creative, they're plugged in via usb and they work fine for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
I purchased them when they were available last time and used the red double sided tape and it stuck on the tv nice and strong. After a year of daily use..no issues. I have 2 plugged in directly to USB ports on the tv. They power off when the tv is powered off ( albeit a few seconds after tv shuts). Only oddity is I find sometimes in the middle of the night, the lights will go on for a couple of seconds and by themselves just randomly.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17569 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: I purchased them when they were available last time and used the red double sided tape and it stuck on the tv nice and strong. After a year of daily use..no issues. I have 2 plugged in directly to USB ports on the tv. They power off when the tv is powered off ( albeit a few seconds after tv shuts). Only oddity is I find sometimes in the middle of the night, the lights will go on for a couple of seconds and by themselves just randomly.
If you have a Smart TV, it's likely the TV doing a check for updates or something similar in the background - most TVs have this feature and it can't really be turned off.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Leverage wrote: If you have a Smart TV, it's likely the TV doing a check for updates or something similar in the background - most TVs have this feature and it can't really be turned off.
Ahhhh....okay...I figured it had something to do with the tv checking something . Thanks. Freaked me out first time the lights did that in the bedroom. Like an alien visit!
Koodo member

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)