97 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Monster USB LED 6.5FT with Remote

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Saw these Monster brand LED strips at Dollarama in Toronto.
Images
  • IMG_20200917_163724.jpg
69 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5249 posts
3163 upvotes
M-Arkham
ohhh, it's back again, I got one last time and used it under my bed
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7102 posts
1301 upvotes
are they plug in or battery operated ?
Jul 25, 2017
550 posts
164 upvotes
JohnnyQ89 wrote: Saw these Monster brand LED strips at Dollarama in Toronto.
Where was it?!which Dollarama?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1714 posts
9147 upvotes
Holy crap, I paid $10.99 for one of these on Amazon thinking I got a steal - some Dollarama flipper got me good.

I ended up returning it because while the light worked well, the default "on" state when powered on is to go the coolest, almost blue light - there's no memory or "last colour temp state" to set it to, so if I wanted a warm glow I'd have to use the remote every single time. That in itself was enough to return.
Sep 2, 2009
994 posts
699 upvotes
Ottawa
mic2074 wrote: are they plug in or battery operated ?
pretty sure they plug into the USB
Sep 1, 2015
376 posts
509 upvotes
Anyone found any in BC/Metro Vancouver?
Dec 27, 2018
71 posts
33 upvotes
Coquitlam
Nah. It doesn't worth 4 bucks. The remote control barely work, the 2 sided tape also doesn't stick to clean and flat surfaces such as the back of my TV.... u can pay the same for RGB ones with better quality on Internet.
Jul 25, 2017
550 posts
164 upvotes
diegohv wrote: Nah. It doesn't worth 4 bucks. The remote control barely work, the 2 sided tape also doesn't stick to clean and flat surfaces such as the back of my TV.... u can pay the same for RGB ones with better quality on Internet.
Which better quality ones?
Dec 17, 2015
120 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Leverage wrote: Holy crap, I paid $10.99 for one of these on Amazon thinking I got a steal - some Dollarama flipper got me good.

I ended up returning it because while the light worked well, the default "on" state when powered on is to go the coolest, almost blue light - there's no memory or "last colour temp state" to set it to, so if I wanted a warm glow I'd have to use the remote every single time. That in itself was enough to return.
Did you plug it into the TV usb port? I have mine plugged into a powerbar so it has power constantly, and it has a memory/last state when it turns on. Some TV usb ports are not always on if the TV is off.

Edit: nm, just reread it and the one you got may not have been identical to this unit.
Sep 8, 2019
50 posts
176 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Anyone found any in BC/Metro Vancouver?
Saw a couple at the North Vancouver location, but that was approximately a week and a half ago
Sep 25, 2019
32 posts
42 upvotes
At $4 a pop they get the job done. Previous posts on these leds suggest that one should buy the red double sided tape for it to adhere properly.

Someone mentioned for anything 55"(TV) and over its best to get 2 lights. But be creative, they're plugged in via usb and they work fine for me.