Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2815 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Mophie braided USB-C to USB-C 1.5m cable - $4

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Found this at my local dollarama (Waterloo), braided and metal housing. Even something similar at Prime Cables goes for $7.

These cables go for $30 at apple for 1M and $25 on Amazon. Comes with 2 year warranty.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/H ... 20or%20Mac.

https://www.amazon.ca/mophie-Fast-Charg ... ics&sr=1-4
Images
  • IMG_20200903_133045.jpg
15 replies
Jan 16, 2004
893 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this back in august and cable died already.

Warranty is great, except mophie charges $10USD shipping, so basically no warranty lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7514 posts
2610 upvotes
protege2k wrote: Bought this back in august and cable died already.

Warranty is great, except mophie charges $10USD shipping, so basically no warranty lol.
lol I bought 2 of these and one of them basically melted this week while I was using it to power my laptop. Not going to be using them anymore.
Dec 20, 2019
258 posts
567 upvotes
When will people learn Dollarama and electronics don't mix? Please if your going to spend 1k-3k on a laptop, do yourself a favor and get some decent cables. 5-10 dollar saving is hardly worth a fire hazard.

On a side note, I bought some cheap writing paper at Dollarama, and my eraser literally erases the page away. Never again.
Last edited by Patrickpete on Sep 3rd, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2815 upvotes
Toronto
tbonegreen wrote: How were the mini Marshmallows?
gonna soak them in brandy and make an adult smore tonight
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2815 upvotes
Toronto
protege2k wrote: Bought this back in august and cable died already.

LNahid2000 wrote: lol I bought 2 of these and one of them basically melted this week while I was using it to power my laptop. Not going to be using them anymore.
did you guys use it to charge your laptop? apparently this cable is only rated up to 60W on Apple Q&A section. so if you are going to charge a 65W laptop, it is going to overheat. The Pro version can support up to 90W though.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1034 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
Used to be on the cheap cable bandwagon. However, chargers and devices actually use the high end capabilities of cables now, and many are very sensitive to deficiencies in cables.

I started spending $6-15 for my Anker cables on Amazon, and it's made a huge difference. Will not go back to cheap cables.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1646 posts
3369 upvotes
blankall wrote: Used to be on the cheap cable bandwagon. However, chargers and devices actually use the high end capabilities of cables now, and many are very sensitive to deficiencies in cables.

I started spending $6-15 for my Anker cables on Amazon, and it's made a huge difference. Will not go back to cheap cables.
Yeah back then usb cables were so low in current it didnt matter too much what you use. Now we're paying 1000$ for a devices, def do not want to turn it into a paper weight
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7514 posts
2610 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: did you guys use it to charge your laptop? apparently this cable is only rated up to 60W on Apple Q&A section. so if you are going to charge a 65W laptop, it is going to overheat. The Pro version can support up to 90W though.
I was charging a 45W laptop using a 45W AC adapter.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1034 posts
293 upvotes
Vancouver
Hartia0 wrote: Yeah back then usb cables were so low in current it didnt matter too much what you use. Now we're paying 1000$ for a devices, def do not want to turn it into a paper weight
Exactly. Especially now that the difference in price between a garbage cable and a high end one is $4-10. Not worth the risk and frustration involved with crappy cables. My Anker cables outlast my devices.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5260 posts
3170 upvotes
M-Arkham
Just saw a stash of them by the front cashier at the dolloarama inside promenade mall
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
211 upvotes
I suppose it’s still safe enough to use as a data cable if you ensure it’s not being connected to a high capacity charging/data source
Apr 30, 2017
394 posts
542 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
I like how everyone here is talking about cheap cables when this company makes good cables and they are sold 20$ on Amazon and 30$ at Apple. These are not cheap cables just because they're at dollorama. Like any other product, sometimes dollorama gets a box and puts it in stock. This product doesn't have a dollorama price printed on it so it's a real Morphie cable.