Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] ONT ONLY - LED light bulbs $2.72 or $3.38 per bulb (including tax)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2014 12:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2012
1724 posts
92 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
If you are in Toronto, anyone, i was JUST 20 minutes ago at the DOLLAR STORE at Vaughan and St Clair West. There is a door from both streets leading in but I bought them on the Vaughan street entrance across from the cash register. There is over ¾ of a tall shelf of 5 shelves and I saw a few different kinds. Even ones for chandeliers and they were all $3. and some change......I can't remember the exact number but it was whatever was listed at the beginning of this thread and you just grab a coupon for each one that is there on the shelves as well

I meant to just say, that as of 20 minutes ago there are still a ton of them at this store

2:45pm today - photo below

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2nhj2xh.jpg[/IMG]
I no longer check into this forum. Email me directly IF you have my newest address.
I have 3 +, pages of 100% Ratings for various BNIB items + Heatware, for sale but focus on sales elsewhere.
found Here!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4559 posts
1079 upvotes
Wat
Are these really that hard to find? I see tons in the dollaramas in KW. And Lowes and Rona are selling the 6/7 watt one for the same price after coupon.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6061 posts
594 upvotes
SW Ontario
Wiseman wrote: Are these really that hard to find? I see tons in the dollaramas in KW. And Lowes and Rona are selling the 6/7 watt one for the same price after coupon.
The store here only had 400 lumen ones. Not too useful. So I passed.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7911 posts
1580 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: ... Are the Dollarama bulbs good for enclosed fixtures? ...
The packaging of the 11 watt dimmable states "Not for use in totally enclosed luminaires".
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2792 posts
1358 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimbobs wrote: The packaging of the 11 watt dimmable states "Not for use in totally enclosed luminaires".
thats too bad; already have some leds in lamps, and wanted to replace some lights in a couple of rooms
Oct 31, 2012
597 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Bought six of them, but two didn't work. Cheap but I guess you get what you pay for.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6061 posts
594 upvotes
SW Ontario
redgrandam wrote: The store here only had 400 lumen ones. Not too useful. So I passed.
Actually just found a bunch downtown London. Now cheap enough that my whole house will be led by weeks end.
Guess I should return the ones I got from costco. Unless there is a real difference!
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland
I found them at the Midland location! I picked up 3 of the 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs. Put one in my kitchen and it's pretty nice.
I doubt they'll last 22 years like the package says. LOL.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18262 posts
25834 upvotes
ONTARIO
I just purchased a cheap rotary style dimmer from lowes.

This exact model:
http://www.lowes.ca/dimmers/lutron-dim- ... 27126.html - $8.48
(even cheaper if you don't want the glow version - just lowes search "rotary dimmer")

Installed it my bathroom (with help from an RFD'er on wiring) and it's working beautifully with the 11W LED bulb.

No where does it mention it's compatible with LEDs. Only says incandescent and halogen. I took a chance anyway and it works great. Glad I didn't go and spend $30 on a "compatible" LED dimmer.

Going to try to pick up a few more using the $6 off coupon.
Jan 3, 2013
237 posts
77 upvotes
NORTH YORK
can we install LED bulb outside? I thought lowest working temperature is around -20 degree, but we can get -25 degrees in Ontario easily..
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1974 posts
964 upvotes
x2012t wrote: can we install LED bulb outside? I thought lowest working temperature is around -20 degree, but we can get -25 degrees in Ontario easily..
Based on the chandelier style I just picked up at dollarama the package indicates a -40 temperature.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7911 posts
1580 upvotes
Toronto
x2012t wrote: can we install LED bulb outside? I thought lowest working temperature is around -20 degree, but we can get -25 degrees in Ontario easily..
Yes, you can use LED's outside. They actually work better in the cold than any other type.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18262 posts
25834 upvotes
ONTARIO
Do the E12 candle LED bulbs not dim as well as the regular 11W bulbs for anyone else?
I notice the 11W bulb can get REALLY dim, which is perfect. However the 5.5W one does not get that dim before completely shutting off. No where near as dim as the 11W one.
Jul 14, 2003
395 posts
112 upvotes
Dundas
BobSagget wrote: Do the E12 candle LED bulbs not dim as well as the regular 11W bulbs for anyone else?
I notice the 11W bulb can get REALLY dim, which is perfect. However the 5.5W one does not get that dim before completely shutting off. No where near as dim as the 11W one.
Maybe it's your dimmer switch? I have three of the E12 candle LEDs on a dimmer switch in my study and they dim right down to moonlight-ish levels. The dimmer switch is an older style one made before LEDs.
Oct 5, 2014
6 posts
Ottawa, ON
downd wrote: Don't feel to left out, Ottawa has none either.
I have been to two stores, St. Laurent/Donald (saturday) and Elgin St (monday) and both
are well stocked with all four types.

As has been noted, 11W lamp causes RF interference. The 5.5W candelabra bulb seems clean.

Dave