563 posts
578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[Dollarama] Philips 2000mah nimh batteries $4.00

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Trying it out, at 4 bucks for 4, think they are worth it even if they underperform. i have eneloops , amazon basics and LADDAs but again, for the price, nothing to lose.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-12-07 141327.png
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6617 posts
5857 upvotes
biscuits wrote: Trying it out, at 4 bucks for 4, think they are worth it even if they underperform. i have eneloops , amazon basics and LADDAs but again, for the price, nothing to lose.
I mean when it comes to batteries there's actually a lot to lose, faulty cheap batteries can be very dangerous.

But if anyone has more information about these that'll be great.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
563 posts
578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Gtaphotog wrote: I mean when it comes to batteries there's actually a lot to lose, faulty cheap batteries can be very dangerous.

But if anyone has more information about these that'll be great.
i guess that can be qualified, im not betting on no name cheap batteries.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3225 posts
3024 upvotes
how are these compared to eneloops?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1335 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
Did you also see AAA batteries by any chance?
Oct 18, 2020
119 posts
126 upvotes
Wish I saw this before I hit Dollarma this morning.

Can anyone recommend a cheap but decent charger?
Dec 28, 2006
976 posts
1089 upvotes
pongster wrote: how are these compared to eneloops?
I believe the Philips batteries are similar to those of LADDA from Ikea. For your reference, I have AA from Eneloop (MIJ) and LADDA (MIC), bought about the same time, 6 years ago. The Eneloops still retain about 85% capacity but the LADDAs retain about 75% capacity.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5514 posts
8831 upvotes
Montreal
Keny wrote: I believe the Philips batteries are similar to those of LADDA from Ikea. For your reference, I have AA from Eneloop (MIJ) and LADDA (MIC), bought about the same time, 6 years ago. The Eneloops still retain about 85% capacity but the LADDAs retain about 75% capacity.
The Ladda from Ikea are rebranded Eneeloops.
I doubt the Philips would be rebranded Eneloops at $1 each.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5164 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
Keny wrote: I believe the Philips batteries are similar to those of LADDA from Ikea. For your reference, I have AA from Eneloop (MIJ) and LADDA (MIC), bought about the same time, 6 years ago. The Eneloops still retain about 85% capacity but the LADDAs retain about 75% capacity.
My LADDA's were Made in Japan. I bought them a couple months back.
Plan: Public Mobile - $46/month Unlimited NA Talk/Global Text/8.5GB
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2698 posts
1064 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: The Ladda from Ikea are rebranded Eneeloops.
I doubt the Philips would be rebranded Eneloops at $1 each.
Is it actually confirmed that they are rebranded or is it an assumption/urban legend that people just go with now?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2830 posts
1769 upvotes
Victoria
Thx OP. Can you please tell us where they are made? Japan or China?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2926 posts
347 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Is it actually confirmed that they are rebranded or is it an assumption/urban legend that people just go with now?
it only take one person online to say its rebrand and people will just ride with it

btw heard samsung phone is a rebranded iphone
Look here
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
563 posts
578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
pongster wrote: how are these compared to eneloops?
Eneloops are reliable based on experience, i use them on my camera flash.

Cant really say how these are yet, got them for christmas fairy lights. These are prolly good for non high drain applications.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
563 posts
578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
craftsman wrote: Considering that these are ready to use, they must be LSD batteries. Amazon sells them for $16 a 4 pack - https://www.amazon.ca/R6b4rtu20-Nimh-20 ... B0056QL2K0. Are they worth $16 a four pack? Probably not if you can find them for $4 a 4 pack.
Not necessarily true. Dollarama liquidates stock from other retailers so they prob get these for fractions on the dollar. These are prob one of those incidents that the item is worth more than the $4.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2016
563 posts
578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cooper83 wrote: Thx OP. Can you please tell us where they are made? Japan or China?
China. Unlikely you will find japanese made batts at that price, still not discounting the fact that these are good.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5514 posts
8831 upvotes
Montreal
biscuits wrote: Not necessarily true. Dollarama liquidates stock from other retailers so they prob get these for fractions on the dollar. These are prob one of those incidents that the item is worth more than the $4.
Philips is not a seal of quality.
They don't manufacture rechargeable batteries.
They lease their brand name.
So maybe they are worth more than $4 but they ain't Eneloops, I'm pretty sure.