Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Ray Padula Brass 2 way water facuet splitter $4

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 12:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2214 posts
1792 upvotes
BC

[Dollarama] Ray Padula Brass 2 way water facuet splitter $4

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Picked this up at my local Dollarama. Seems like it's a great deal compared to Amazon and big box retailers.

Yes it's made for Dollarama product.

Has some decent weight to this and seems well built. .lifetime warranty if it's worth the words it's printed on...
Images
  • IMG_20210603_184614811.jpg
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2743 posts
1391 upvotes
B.C.
I bought a watering wand too from dollarama - same brand. So far it's been great!
Member
Sep 4, 2015
326 posts
297 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've only been using this for a couple of months but it's solid
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1390 posts
327 upvotes
Richmond Hill
time to check out if hardware/garden section open here in Ont.
Member
May 14, 2007
369 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they sell the water hoses?
The only ones I see are with holes for dripping irrigation.
Newbie
Aug 26, 2012
31 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
Awesome. I've only managed to find the plastic Ray Padula splitters so far in Edmonton. I'll look again. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3159 posts
167 upvotes
It looks exactly like the brass splitter Canadian Tire carries for $10.
Great alternative!

I've seen some locations with shut off valves for $4 as well which looked metal, also Ray Padula.
Feedback: HoFo, RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1577 posts
571 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone see these in Montreal? I've been looking for this recently.

EDIT: to answer my own question I bought the last 2 at galeries d'anjou dollarama so definitely available in montreal too. thanks op!
Last edited by th3xeroeagle on Jun 4th, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
3 posts
4 upvotes
London, Ont
I opted for the plastic version, as it had easy "thumb release" style valves. When I went to hook it up, I noticed that mine didn't have a rubber gasket in it! Luckily I had also picked up a pack of replacement rubber hose gaskets for $1... it seems to work well.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2008
140 posts
149 upvotes
Calgary
These ones are unfortunately fairly poor build quality. I bought two and both of them cracked. Better to get the Ray Padula ones that are metal core but with the rubberized outside. I believe those are $4 at Dollarama too. For reference at Home Depot.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
10881 posts
5115 upvotes
i just bought one of these along with a plastic one and a sprinkler and its all been holding up fine.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1509 posts
682 upvotes
Ottawa
time to check out if hardware/garden section open here in Ont.
I think no, I was in Dollarama a week ago and most of the garden section was marked as not for sale (which is surprising, I was expecting them to claim it was "garden centre"). A friend had earlier tried to buy flower and vegetable seeds, but the register would only ring up the vegetable seeds. Doesn't make a lot of sense, and in this case I kind of hold Dollarama responsible for not considering flower seeds, garden hand tools, etc., as "garden centre". But worth checking if you're in the store anyway, I think I was the only customer (went in for soap and licorice :).
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2017
528 posts
407 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: I think no, I was in Dollarama a week ago and most of the garden section was marked as not for sale (which is surprising, I was expecting them to claim it was "garden centre"). A friend had earlier tried to buy flower and vegetable seeds, but the register would only ring up the vegetable seeds. Doesn't make a lot of sense, and in this case I kind of hold Dollarama responsible for not considering flower seeds, garden hand tools, etc., as "garden centre". But worth checking if you're in the store anyway, I think I was the only customer (went in for soap and licorice :).
A store can sell garden stuff if they have a dedicated outdoor garden centre .. with a seperate cash register than for inside the store
Think Costco , Zehrs , superstore, Canadian Tire and private nurseries .. all are garden centres that are not inside a store

They can't sell you garden stuff from inside a store
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
4056 posts
3625 upvotes
The NORTH
Benzat17 wrote: A store can sell garden stuff if they have a dedicated outdoor garden centre .. with a seperate cash register than for inside the store
Think Costco , Zehrs , superstore, Canadian Tire and private nurseries .. all are garden centres that are not inside a store

They can't sell you garden stuff from inside a store
Try telling Dollarama that. My neighbor bought hanging planter hooks from Dollarama last week. They were not blocked off so she took them to the front and the cashier scanned them thru without a second glance.
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2017
528 posts
407 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Try telling Dollarama that. My neighbor bought hanging planter hooks from Dollarama last week. They were not blocked off so she took them to the front and the cashier scanned them thru without a second glance.
True story... My wife wanted to order shepherd hooks planter online for 19.99 a piece, I was like "NOPE that's too much to pay for when we want 4 of them and they are 3.50 at Dollarama"

Took my self to Dollarama and figured what's the worse? Them saying Doug Ford wouldn't like that and he will be upset and might cry if Dollarama sold me these? And to return them ? I wasn't gunna make a big deal out of it if they said that as it's not their fault

Anyway I left with 4 hooks and will be purchasing 2 more Today.
I'm all with the rules and keeping everyone safe I've been doing it for a year and a half now but some dont make any sense, that and the fact I'm a true RFDer who wants to save money while living the good life
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2214 posts
1792 upvotes
BC
DakineMan wrote: These ones are unfortunately fairly poor build quality. I bought two and both of them cracked. Better to get the Ray Padula ones that are metal core but with the rubberized outside. I believe those are $4 at Dollarama too. For reference at Home Depot.
Did it just burst open from the water pressure when closed? I currently am using the plastic ones and they seem fine except the 2 sprouts are not parallel to the way... The brass one allows you to tighten the knob without moving the sprouts.

Did you try and claim the lifetime warranty?!? Just curious but if they want you to pay for shipping, it would not be worth it...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2248 posts
344 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Had a hose made by Ray Padula. It split within a year.

Getting warranty was a nightmare as no one returned emails and toll free number was dead.Ended up having to call their head office (not toll free) and be transfered from their reception.

The eventually came through in the end but it did take some serious work to get in touch with them.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 21, 2006
94 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought 2 of the brass ones a few weeks ago and went through self-checkout.

The steel ball-valve doesn't leak, which was very important for my needs.

Good deal, good find.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2214 posts
1792 upvotes
BC
blairs1 wrote: Had a hose made by Ray Padula. It split within a year.

Getting warranty was a nightmare as no one returned emails and toll free number was dead.Ended up having to call their head office (not toll free) and be transfered from their reception.

The eventually came through in the end but it did take some serious work to get in touch with them.
I guess good to know at least they DID come through in the end...

Top