Expired Hot Deals

Dollarama

Ray Padula Brass 2 way water facuet splitter $4

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 12:54 am
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2003
104 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
For anyone that is interested in getting these, there are quite a few left at the Dollarama north of Elgin Mills at Yonge. The other two Dollaramas that I went to had none (one had the all-plastic version and the other hand none of any kind). These are certainly better quality than I expected. I've had the plastic Gardena (which ended up cracking over a few years and springing a leak), a Yardworks which lasted a couple of years but no longer shuts off reliably, a Lee Valley which feels (and works) like a Cadillac, and now one of these. Time will tell how these hold up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4284 posts
3741 upvotes
Hopefully more will be coming to stores as this is a made for Dollarama product and not one of those hidden gem items...
Member
Jan 5, 2007
333 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
lennyandcarl wrote: I bought a watering wand too from dollarama - same brand. So far it's been great!
Pic of the wand?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 1, 2008
141 posts
149 upvotes
Calgary
I started out with two of the plastic ones and they were crap. Both lasted barely a season. Switched to the brass ones and they cracked less than a half season in. Never tried claiming against the lifetime warranty as the cost from Dollarama is barely worth the effort. These metal core with rubberized outer shell finally seem to be lasting well. I was surprised by the brass ones though as they both had critical crack failures within about 2 weeks. Not sure if maybe I was over tightening the hose to it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4284 posts
3741 upvotes
DakineMan wrote: I started out with two of the plastic ones and they were crap. Both lasted barely a season. Switched to the brass ones and they cracked less than a half season in. Never tried claiming against the lifetime warranty as the cost from Dollarama is barely worth the effort. These metal core with rubberized outer shell finally seem to be lasting well. I was surprised by the brass ones though as they both had critical crack failures within about 2 weeks. Not sure if maybe I was over tightening the hose to it.
I'm currently still using the plastic 2 way splitter from Dollarama a few years ago and it's still going strong... I don't yank the hose so not putting pressure on the connection...

It worked fine so I figured brass would be longer lasting than plastic
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 1, 2005
991 posts
423 upvotes
Markham
Ray Padula warranty is legit. I bought some loppers at Walmart a few years ago, they warped and customer service sent me a new set for free.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4284 posts
3741 upvotes
Hobbesgsr wrote: Ray Padula warranty is legit. I bought some loppers at Walmart a few years ago, they warped and customer service sent me a new set for free.
Good to know!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7878 posts
8841 upvotes
Montréal
really need this to replace the cheapo plastic 2 way faucet that came with my dryer for the steam feature... Thanks (and thanked!) OP
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5135 posts
6846 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Benzat17 wrote: Them saying Doug Ford wouldn't like that and he will be upset and might cry if Dollarama sold me these?
It was the smaller retailers that were complaining about not being able to open while the big box stores stayed open and sold similar items... but hey, Ford is an easy goat..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5536 posts
2063 upvotes
I was at Dollarama on Bridgeport, Richmond BC and they didn't have any faucet splitter.
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2013
801 posts
440 upvotes
Fredericton
Thanks OP. My local store had a bunch of stuff by that brand. Angus by the way.
Images
  • EDB7166D-CE77-4A04-BA4C-E38E6C6C0436.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4284 posts
3741 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: I was at Dollarama on Bridgeport, Richmond BC and they didn't have any faucet splitter.
I got this at Harbour Center Van DT... There were a few left after I got mine... I find the less desirable locations seems to have the best stuff...

Probably for a reason...
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2952 posts
1604 upvotes
B.C.
major153 wrote: Went to the one in Surrey. They didn't have any splitters but I picked up a wand. It's a bit shorter than I would like but pretty good for $4
The downtown Victoria location had a pile of them if you're up for a long trip!

It's great for house stuff since everyone who shops there is probably a condo/apartment dweller.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4284 posts
3741 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote: The downtown Victoria location had a pile of them if you're up for a long trip!

It's great for house stuff since everyone who shops there is probably a condo/apartment dweller.
Yup I always drop by that one on our bike ride in from the ferry... Great pit stop to get water and all other deals not found in GVRD...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2952 posts
1604 upvotes
B.C.
muffin4life wrote: Yup I always drop by that one on our bike ride in from the ferry... Great pit stop to get water and all other deals not found in GVRD...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
That is how I feel about most stores in Victoria after coming from Ottawa. If there is an in store deal I can usually still snag it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)