37 posts
67 upvotes

[Dollarama] Rick and Morty Socks $4

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Hey saw these at multiple DRams and thought they might interest someone.
Images
  • IMG_20190825_115756.jpg
43 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
after wearing this , would i get the hair like the guy?
than ks op i will look at this later
Jul 22, 2015
605 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. Face With Tears Of Joy

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Feb 1, 2009
367 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
Watch out everyone, we have a theoretical physicist genius over here who gets subtle jokes.

Superjester wrote: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. Face With Tears Of Joy

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Mar 18, 2005
417 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Superjester wrote: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. Face With Tears Of Joy

Which reddit thread did you copy & paste this from?

EDIT: found it https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/1 ... st-3062208
Jul 22, 2015
605 posts
1038 upvotes
Toronto, ON
J-Money wrote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I enjoy the cartoons, but don’t quote the show or into all the memes like all the super fans are. I happened to be in NYC when they dropped the special chicken sauce. When I saw people lining up longer than the supreme store, wasn’t worth it for me.
Not really into the show myself, Just thought it would be a perfect opportunity to unleash the copypasta.

I'm still hooked on King of the Hill and Early Simpsons
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1069 posts
790 upvotes
I like Rick and Morty, but I'd never wear the merchandise because they seem to have large number (but probably not a large percentage) of fans who scream the intentionally stupid catch-phrases at strangers on the street and have no visible self-control.

P.S. That szechuan sauce gimmick is funny in the show, but the actual product is mostly sugar. It was a limited-time item for a reason.
Jan 14, 2008
247 posts
101 upvotes
Quebec
I bought those about a week ago!

Watch out, they don't seem like it, but they are actually really small! I have trouble putting them up. Dang it Bobby
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27818 posts
13419 upvotes
Am I the only one that's more dumbfounded that a pair of Chinesium socks is $4?
Or is no one actually buying and just talking about the show?