Mar 7, 2011
3602 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver

[Dollarama] self-inflatable camping pillow $4

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
They have 2 different travel bags that they come with. You really hit the jackpot if you find the better one (yellow only?), which seems to be waterproof. The other type is crap.
Something very similar (identical, I'd say) sells for $10 on amazon https://www.amazon.ca/DIYurfeeling-Outd ... 07L3CL9BG/
8 replies
Jun 23, 2006
357 posts
127 upvotes
Nice, I was looking for this in YVR but no luck in the last two weeks. I thought I missed the boat this year. Hopefully they just haven’t stocked it yet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3602 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver
hyyk wrote: location?
Metrotown, but they sell out fast. When I took the picture they had 10, yesterday there was only 1 left. The good thing is that it looks it's a "regular" summer item, judging by the tag, so they should have plenty of stock and all the stores will get it.
Mar 21, 2005
407 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
This is good for back support when use on coach or sofa because you can release air to adjust the right thickness. A normal pillow can never get me the correct support. I bought one similar from Asia and I love it.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4750 posts
2818 upvotes
I was looking at one yesterday funny enough. Someone either played with the one I tried or not, but the “self inflatable” aspect didn’t work.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1390 posts
891 upvotes
Canada East
I trust this pillow...
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1241 posts
2334 upvotes
Montreal
Saw these last year and tried one for science.
Some things to note:

-Pull string bag and actual color of pillow are all random.
If you prefer a particular color look inside the pull string and select the color that you might like.

-The pillow has a airtight twist seal, opening the seal allows air to flow into the pillow.

-Pillow will not inflate to it's maximum size.

-Pillow contains shredded foam, I assume it's scrap material someone decided could be repurposed. The shredded foam is compacted when you deflate and roll up the pillow. Open the seal allows the foam to expand, causing the slow sucking and expansion of the pillow, giving it the self inflating properties.

-Because foam is shredded and not uniform it a bit off putting when the pillow is deflated and you see the lumps of shredded foam inside.

I suppose it works as intended, probably not the best of quality but practical enough for it's purpose.