Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
$4 good for neighbourhoods with kids
Images
  • IMG_20190403_093224.jpg
  • IMG_20190403_093230.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 4th, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Share:
197 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1661 posts
1041 upvotes
Thanks OP, so many people driving way too fast in neighborhoods.
“Slow, Children Playing” vs “Slow Children Playing”
Feb 4, 2013
246 posts
363 upvotes
It's 2019.

Children with developmental disabilities playing.
Jul 27, 2009
748 posts
221 upvotes
toronto
Smart children can get run over. Thats fine.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4621 posts
1125 upvotes
Regina
lovespeanutbutter wrote: It's 2019.

Children with developmental disabilities playing.
FTW lol
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3724 posts
5923 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2243 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto West
Ive literally never seen one of these used in my life and live in an area with a lot of kids. What do you do with this put it on the road when your kids are playing?
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Jun 9, 2015
871 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This doesn't impact me at all, but stuff like this should be provided free by the cities.

My neighbour, also without kids, made a sign and chained a bicycle to a pole, saying "slow down" because drivers are flying around the bends in a residential area.
Sep 28, 2009
441 posts
401 upvotes
Deals Deals Deals wrote: good for neighbourhoods with kids
I don't understand. So just because my neighbors have kids I have to go slower than the posted speed limit???
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1139 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Good for home decor.
Jan 19, 2011
52 posts
61 upvotes
Thank OP. Bought 4 and will use as wet floor signs when it rains here in Vancouver. May also keep one normal and redeploy at the zoo the next time they have a baby sloth.
Feb 17, 2009
354 posts
421 upvotes
Kleftiko wrote: I don't understand. So just because my neighbors have kids I have to go slower than the posted speed limit???
I think it's just a warning to drivers that young children are around and sometimes they do things they shouldn't do, like run out into the middle of the road.

Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2243 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto West
snootchiebootchies wrote: I think it's just a warning to drivers that young children are around and sometimes they do things they shouldn't do, like run out into the middle of the road.
But dont you just slow down when you see kids playing? Or are there people who are like lol no wet floor sign I can speed by these kids. I just dont get it.

This is like the weirdest thing ive seen for sale
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2243 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto West
Kleftiko wrote: I don't understand. So just because my neighbors have kids I have to go slower than the posted speed limit???
No but if you see kids playing you should expect them to do crazy stuff. Thats why buses have those stop signs to stop traffic in both ways. Kids will run in front of them. Kids dont have situational awareness, it develops with time just like every other skill you've learned in life.

There is no situation in your life where you will have rather hit a person with your car than sacrificed 6 seconds to be cautious around them. You would hope others do the same when youre out on your bike etc. Saying I hit them doing the speed limit will always be worse than being aware. And there is no sign in the world that helps with this so I also dont get what the hell this thing is for.
Nov 25, 2018
41 posts
48 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote:
I think it's just a warning to drivers that young children are around and sometimes they do things they shouldn't do, like run out into the middle of the road.

I dont have kids nor even care to but I am more than happy to hold up people in school zones who want to go more than the posted limit (30kph M-F 7a-530p) and force them to slow down for just this very video's reason. If I see one coming up fast I even drop another 5-10 just for spite.

Yes, kids do impulsive things like run out in the street, but nobody deserves to forfeit their life just because of it.

Someone has one of these signs a couple of streets over. It makes sense to me. The limit may be 50 but with cars in driveways an unseen kid can run out into the street and it helps to be extra aware that they may at any moment. It is what it is.
Makes about as much sense as those signs they have to post in areas where speed cameras are.
Aug 22, 2014
91 posts
67 upvotes
Mendes wrote: But dont you just slow down when you see kids playing? Or are there people who are like lol no wet floor sign I can speed by these kids. I just dont get it.

This is like the weirdest thing ive seen for sale
I think the issue is that sometimes you can't see the kids when you're driving (eg. with trees, parked cars, whatever else in the way), and a bright yellow sign by the road is much more visible than kids who may not be in bright clothing. If for some reason the kids aren't running around or making a whole lot of sound, it makes them even harder to spot.

Unfortunately not all drivers pay attention to everything on or around the road all the time; nothing wrong with something like this that gives even a little more chance of a driver being aware that there are kids around who might suddenly run out onto the road. Of course, as you said, if a driver can already see the kids you'd hope they'd automatically be more cautious without needing to be told.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3245 posts
5463 upvotes
Mendes wrote: Ive literally never seen one of these used in my life and live in an area with a lot of kids. What do you do with this put it on the road when your kids are playing?
Strap the sign on the kids
Public Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9148 posts
5590 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve seen similar ones in school zones but are either permanent or proper lawn signs, never the wet floor type like this.
Nov 16, 2017
99 posts
68 upvotes
BC
It seems ridiculous to me how someone could not understand this sign. YES, because your neighbours have kids you have to go slower than the posted speed limit. If you want to take a chance at wrecking your life and someone else's, then sure, pretend like you can keep going 50 by a bunch of little children playing.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1318 posts
910 upvotes
Orleans, ON
trevdanc wrote: It seems ridiculous to me how someone could not understand this sign. YES, because your neighbours have kids you have to go slower than the posted speed limit. If you want to take a chance at wrecking your life and someone else's, then sure, pretend like you can keep going 50 by a bunch of little children playing.
Canadian speed limits are rounded down because they know people will generally go X% faster than stated. So, if someone is going the speed limit, it's already slow enough for that road to be considered safe. It's literally some people's jobs to determine this stuff. Just because you have kids, doesn't mean the entire world has to slow down for them. It's already a safe speed in regular conditions. It's your job to keep them safe, and a driver's job to obey the laws of the road.