Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Starlink TOY for nintendo switch $4 (game not included)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 12:21 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 14, 2017
574 posts
296 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Depends on your province, but Dollarama has capacity limits and IMO it's one of the worst places to be in because it's small and cramped. I would not recommend going in to look for this non essential item.
I'm confused. Doesn't the government decide what are essential and non essential items? If Dollarama is open then it's essential no? Just like flying to the Caribbean is essential no?
The Great Leap Forward or Reset
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4983 posts
2946 upvotes
Toronto
Eviltwins wrote: that's not a deal i picked up the PS4 version back in November at Walmart for $1 ....and forgot to tell you all about it oops! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
$1 is not a deal. It was free on the Ubisoft store for PC in December. Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2938 posts
1104 upvotes
Lethbridge
And here I just want a copy so I can have an Arwing model, Rofl
Sep 12, 2004
362 posts
145 upvotes
Went to 2 different Dollaramas in Oshawa and saw 3 units at each one. Opened all off them and none of them had games. The boxes didn't have two round clear circle stickers sealing the box closed like my PS4 version has. I checked out some unboxing video and those boxes had these seals.

It looks like these are just left over toys that never went out. Ubisoft probably had a bunch made and were waiting for another print run of the game to come from Nintendo but the game sold poorly so they cancelled the run. That's just a theory. Someone might find some with games in them.

I still picked up 2 even without the games. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4410 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps OP can change the title to show that the game may not be inside if multiple people are reporting it?
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19223 posts
1709 upvotes
Same! lol
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
May 31, 2008
108 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Checked out a Dollarama this morning. They had 4 all missing the game.
May 18, 2015
152 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Game not included?? poor yall Hahaha Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1959 posts
479 upvotes
Vaughan
dealisdead wrote: I'm confused. Doesn't the government decide what are essential and non essential items? If Dollarama is open then it's essential no? Just like flying to the Caribbean is essential no?
In Ontario, Dollarama is deemed essential. Mind you, nothing is really 'closed' even in the locked down areas of Ontario.
Jan 27, 2007
98 posts
79 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: I'm confused. Doesn't the government decide what are essential and non essential items? If Dollarama is open then it's essential no? Just like flying to the Caribbean is essential no?
They're open in QC, but they blocked out the non-essential sections with these big Government warnings:

Jan 3, 2021
8 posts
44 upvotes
Dollarama, in more cases than not, is the hero we need but don't deserve
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2013
1038 posts
369 upvotes
BC
FaisalRiaz1985 wrote: Dollarama, in more cases than not, is the hero we need but don't deserve
Starlink isn't in more cases than not though
Intel Core i7-9700KF | Asus Strix 2070 Super | <3
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1462 posts
1272 upvotes
Someone who bought this from dollarama should email Ubisoft and ask for a product key DLC. Maybe they will honor it as customer service.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2223 posts
2065 upvotes
Whitby
You gonna get something "free" at dollerama wandering in there looking for junk. :twisted:
Last edited by dyalect on Jan 13th, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4188 posts
3993 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
monkey_crap wrote: Went to 2 different Dollaramas in Oshawa and saw 3 units at each one. Opened all off them and none of them had games. The boxes didn't have two round clear circle stickers sealing the box closed like my PS4 version has. I checked out some unboxing video and those boxes had these seals.

It looks like these are just left over toys that never went out. Ubisoft probably had a bunch made and were waiting for another print run of the game to come from Nintendo but the game sold poorly so they cancelled the run. That's just a theory. Someone might find some with games in them.

I still picked up 2 even without the games. Thanks OP
Nah these aren't reprints, Switch versions of the game shipping without the actual game inside was an actual issue when the game first released and I am willing to bet that they 100% bulk bought these off whatever distributor was responsible for the game release in North America.
Dec 23, 2010
800 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
dbdudley wrote: I want it, but not sure I’m willing to brave Dollarama lineups. Thanks for sharing OP!
ditto and with 54 responses already I'm just gonna assume Toronto has been emptied.
Nov 13, 2005
245 posts
196 upvotes
Calgary
sjpeters79 wrote: Apparently dollarama is selling Starlink for Nintendo switch for $4. Pretty crazy deal.
your avatar, going to have to blame you all day now for having damn digdug sound in my head.
Mar 3, 2012
233 posts
97 upvotes
Edmonton
checked out one dollorama in Edmonton- nothing here. thanks OP anyways. I'm wondering if the game is worth it at the 15 dollar sale price at best buy? reviews look ok for it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2384 posts
2512 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Jesus people, it's been $9.99 for a long time at multiple stores for all 3 versions of the game with toy. For $5.99 less, without the actual game, it's now a hot deal? Lol

Also, these are obviously returns made by people that took the game out of the box first and resealed it. I remember we bought like 10 games and each box had a missing game we kept having to exchange for another box til we finally got one with the game inside. So these are technically used/open box

Also, yes best buy had a bunch with missing games,. It it turned out it was people stealing them. My god brother worked on this game, it wasn't an issue of the games not being put inside, it was theft