Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Tech1 Fixed TV Wall Mount Fits 14"-44" $4

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2020 2:46 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Tech1 Fixed TV Wall Mount Fits 14"-44" $4

WallMount.jpg
I saw this in my local Dollarama in Vaughan, ON
Fixed TV wall mount for 14" to 44" TV's $4
Might be good for a bedroom or kids room to save space.
Can't really say how common an item this is in other Dollarama's yet though.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 19th, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
56 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1360 posts
761 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Might be good for a bedroom or kids room to save space.
You'll save an entire room of space after the TV falls on your kid. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 17, 2006
1621 posts
392 upvotes
Yeah I wouldn’t trust a $4 TV mount to hold up a TV LOL
---
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2237 upvotes
GTA
Any brave ones bought it and tested it yet? Wonder how sturdy the thing is. Would like to hang my 24" in the kitchen.

Last edited by DragOnT on Oct 18th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Sep 14, 2018
395 posts
653 upvotes
This should be decent as long as u go to home Depot and buy some proper mounting hardware. I wouldn't use the cheap screws/anchors that come with this
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
Just use this to hang my clothes
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
this is RFD's.. but damn 4 dollar wall mount for a $1,000 TV (maybe $500 on this forum)...

I'd check the weight and compare it to more expensive wall mounts. It's just steel after all.. just how much is included is the question.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: Any brave ones bought it and tested it yet? Wonder how sturdy the thing is. Would like to hang my 24" in the kitchen.
24" shouldnt be that heavy, you should be okay. I do remember getting rosewill mounts for monitors up to 30" for like $5. 40" on the other hand I wouldn't trust..
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2719 posts
6214 upvotes
Mississauga
lioncar wrote: Yeah I wouldn’t trust a $4 TV mount to hold up a TV LOL
But I guess if it’s a 6 dollar tv mount then all is good lol. Like the one found on sale from time to time on the prime cable site.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
I would say that if you don't feel competent enough to assess the stability of this wall mount, or to wall mount a TV, get a professional or at least a friend with experience doing one, who's TV is still on the wall. Winking Face
It isn't really worth the risk, if you don't. That being said, unless this thing is really poorly made, I think the human element is more of a risk than the device.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
Bought. Going to use it in the garage on an old 40".

Unfort I won't be able to update as I'm still finishing in there, but doesn't look any worse than the cheap Cheetah mount (Tiger Direct? NCIX?) I had used years ago in a rental suite. It's just thin steel rails - The question is who has a TV smaller than 44" these days? lol
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: I would say that if you don't feel competent enough to assess the stability of this wall mount, or to wall mount a TV, get a professional or at least a friend with experience doing one, who's TV is still on the wall. Winking Face
It isn't really worth the risk, if you don't. That being said, unless this thing is really poorly made, I think the human element is more of a risk than the device.
I was gonna say. Guys are being too much of an alarmist about this sort of things without even seeing what the stand feels like.

While it is true you shouldn't cheap out on wall mounts. Wall mounts are really some very simple piece of metal. Unless it is made of plastic or something you really can't go wrong with it long as it is mounted correctly (screwed into wood frame properly being most important). Pretty much any consumer TV within that size range will be fine.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
I have installed many wall mounts for myself and friends for over 10+ years and no casualties so far :)

As long as you are hitting studs and/or using good quality anchors and screws you should be fine. The potential problem I see with this mount is it isn't very wide so chances are you will only be able to hit one stud and have go use anchors for other side. Also depending where on the wall you want to mount the center point might not be aligned with any studs. If you had a bigger and wider mount you can offset it on the wall to ensure you hit the studs and slide the TV off to one side of the mount to center it.

You may also want to check the weight specs of your TV without stand and make sure it doesn't exceed 20kgs as well. I just checked for a TCL 65" and it is 17.6kg without stand so this $4 wall mount could work for it. If you are truly uncomfortable then you can spend $10-12 and get a bigger wall mount from primecables or Princesss Auto when they go on sale.
Aug 3, 2014
275 posts
437 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
If you mount this into wall studs and keep under the weight limit, I don't see this failing. But seeing the max TV size being 44", reminds me of this Office scene lol

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, I already spent $5.99 on the Prime Cables one!

I saw this today as well, not sure if I would trust a Dollarama house brand, but if its all metal how bad could it be?
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12746 posts
25711 upvotes
Montreal
Then you can say: "I spent more on my HDMI cable than on that mount." Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
Buy 2 and mount them side by side for a wider mount
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2756 posts
867 upvotes
North York
Psykopathik wrote: Buy 2 and mount them side by side for a wider mount
or just buy a bigger mount for not too much more. This would be less work and make fewer holes in your wall too.