2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Dollarama] TrackR Pixel -- Bluetooth Tracker (Tile Mate alternative) - $4

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Just spotted this @ Dollarama on Bloor close to West Mall. (Etobicoke)

All info can be found on their site: https://www.thetrackr.com/

Find what’s lost, even in the dark.

TrackR pixel is our lightest, brightest and smallest Bluetooth tracker with LED lights, loud ringer, and easy-to-use app.

Replace the battery, not your TrackR. For free. We even alert you when the battery is low, no downtime, no worry, no extra cost. Your TrackR will keep on finding.

Features:
-Loud ringer
-LED lights
-Ultra small & lightweight Phone finder
-Amazon Alexa Skill

Key Features
-bluetooth tracking device, locator tracker
-Attach to anything,TrackR pixel is perfect for keys, wallets, bags or anything you don’t want to lose.
-Use the app to find it fast

TrackR uses Bluetooth technology to find items in close range—up to 100 feet away. Remember walls and furniture can impact that range.

Find what’s lost—close to home and far away.

Lose something? Ring it.
Just press the ring icon in your app and if your TrackR is nearby—up to 100 feet away—it will keep ringing until you find it.

Item not nearby? Map it.
Out of Bluetooth range? Not to worry. With the app running in the background, you can see on a map where and when you last had it.
Last edited by remik on Sep 3rd, 2019 7:49 am, edited 14 times in total.
212 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just got home and set it up, first impressions... $4 is a good deal, I attached it to my keys as I'm always losing them behind the couch or forgetting them in some pant pocket, I haven't played around with the GPS tracking/accuracy, but the ringing at home comes in handy and is worth $4 when I am scrambling in the morning to find my keys when running for the train. Majority of video reviews are from 2017, but according to the battery meter in the app it is full, and when the time comes to replace the battery it's a CR1620. Good Buy in my option, but I would not have paid $24 when it was originally sold in the US at Best buy (according to a YouTube review) I may go back tomorrow and grab a bunch as "stocking stuffers" for family back home.

A review I found online.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
In general the reviews are on the low side, but for $4 (reg. was $24.99 USD) I think it's still worth it.

It reminds me of those keychains they used to have in vending/gumball machines that you whistled and it beeped/ringed to locate your keys, but it would randomly go off.

https://images.app.goo.gl/eSpXdJbcLkLhLW2Z7

As a short-range Bluetooth tracker for finding keys, remote, etc. at home (especially when your kids love playing with them and "forgetting" where they left them) $4 is a hot deal.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/trackr-pix ... -5016.html
Last edited by remik on Jul 30th, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 14, 2017
547 posts
484 upvotes
What's the expected battery life?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pny128 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:25 pm
What's the expected battery life?
They say 1yr, but be as this looks to be an overstock/discontinued item I do not expect to get a year as it's possible it was sitting around for a bit, either way I've seen replacement batteries go for $1 for a 3pack.
Jul 28, 2006
591 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is it thin enough for a wallet?
Mar 29, 2009
73 posts
23 upvotes
Duncan
Is everyone in here just blind or plain daft? Clearly it's a mislabel and EXTREMELY YMMV
Dec 18, 2005
635 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
ShaneG16 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:56 pm
Is everyone in here just blind or plain daft? Clearly it's a mislabel and EXTREMELY YMMV
What do you mean "it's a mislabel"? Even if it's on the wrong peg in the store (the tag mentions an iPhone case or something), the highest priced item at Dollarama is 4$ anyway. So, this product will cost a maximum of 4$ if you find it in a Dollarama. And that's a good deal.
Mar 29, 2009
73 posts
23 upvotes
Duncan
dhomas wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 12:03 am
What do you mean "it's a mislabel"? Even if it's on the wrong peg in the store (the tag mentions an iPhone case or something), the highest priced item at Dollarama is 4$ anyway. So, this product will cost a maximum of 4$ if you find it in a Dollarama. And that's a good deal.
i wasn't aware of the $4 max... If it's true and it's not a one-off breaching their policy of $4 max, it's surely a good deal...
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15830 posts
5076 upvotes
This is shocking at this price point, i hope to find one if i get to Dollarama.
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ShaneG16 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:56 pm

Yes, I did not miss that that the price label was mislabeled, but I like everyone here knew that the most it will be is $4 as that's the max for Dollarama, I saw that a guy was stocking in the same aisle so it's possible they had just been put out as I was there 10min before closing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TRD604 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2019 11:49 pm
Is it thin enough for a wallet?
Yes, diameter of a quarter, thickness of a roomie.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15830 posts
5076 upvotes
remik wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 5:54 am
thickness of a roomie.
??
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)