Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Voltax 200 Pocket Flashlight -- 200 Lumens - IP4 Rated - 40 meter range beam ($4)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2022 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1265 posts
1175 upvotes
Looks not bad
Although the chance of use a flashlight for me just like 0? Probably will still grab one if I see this next time when I go shop at Dollarama
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2206 posts
967 upvotes
oujifye wrote: i found the slim (2xAAA) version at the dollarama near merivale and hunt club intersection in Ottawa.

I'm glad I only bought 1, it's quick to overheat.
Over heats imply it stopped working. Or do you have a better descriptive word?
Jul 31, 2009
512 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
story wrote: Over heats imply it stopped working. Or do you have a better descriptive word?
It still works but it thermal throttles once it gets hot and the brightness dims. kills the runtime as well

I'm using this version as a comparison which is not as bright (160lumen vs 200lumen) but with none of the issues stated above.
Jan 8, 2012
851 posts
703 upvotes
Williams Lake
oujifye wrote: It still works but it thermal throttles once it gets hot and the brightness dims. kills the runtime as well

I'm using this version as a comparison which is not as bright (160lumen vs 200lumen) but with none of the issues stated above.
Hadn't heard of that, but it explains what's happening with one of my cheapies--thermal throttle.

cheers

asdf
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17010 posts
4797 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Lots of stock found at GTA West Oakville location.

No thermal issues here.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23555 posts
5712 upvotes
Toronto
Finally found some at my local Dollarama (Yonge & King Rd).

Plenty of stock, love that it has zoom vs my eBay version which doesn’t.

Woot!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Jul 13, 2006
162 posts
67 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ydmf wrote: Got it last night, nice deal for 4 bucks! Thanks OP. Am confused by the "2 mode switch" featured on the packaging. All I'm getting is on and off.. is that what they meant? LOL.
I have a similar torch has 5 modes with only 2 button , basically if you quickly double click on the button will register the 2nd mode
Images
  • D05723C7-AF07-4E1A-8E26-6C51FE7E1668.jpeg
Feb 5, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I think it was dollar store light(s) that killed a few of my rechargable batteries. ( x-mas strand and a flashlight ....) lesson learned.
Wish there was a way to tell what device will drain down to 0

Thanks for the tip tho.
Feb 5, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Quite a few left in Nepean ( Hunt Club + Merrivale --- Beside Rona)