103 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Dollarama] Vortex Stereo Headphones - $4

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Hi all. Just saw these Vortex Electra Stereo Headphones at Dollarama stores for $4. They looked decent and sturdy. This is Mississauga, ON location.
IMO, worth it if they last for a few months.
Does anyone know how good they are?
(Not sure if this has already been posted)
Images
  • Headphones-Dollarama.jpeg
21 replies
May 14, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes
Garbage. Very low volume and allows a lot of outside noise.
For same price, there are better choices with a volume cutoff button on the wire itself.
Jul 21, 2016
977 posts
2126 upvotes
They have those all years long. They don't sell. They are not really good to be honest.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6253 posts
1466 upvotes
Richmond Hill
you are happier with the 4$
Mar 26, 2008
452 posts
175 upvotes
sound quality is ok just for watching youtube, but lasted only a couple of months, maybe 3.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12575 posts
21303 upvotes
Unless they sells a known brand at a low price .there's no such thing as a hot deal at Dollarama.Most are throwaway crap .
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is good for a tween nephew, something for them to play with quietly and not annoy others.
Naw, this is only specifically good for people who dont care about sound or build quality. There are people out there that fit the bill, but I wouldnt group them by age or relation...
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
redflagdealsguy wrote: This seems a little pedantic. I'm making an imprecise generalization for expediency.
Well I remember when I was a tween, if you brought me these headphones they would end up in the trash since almost anything else is better.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17931 posts
20119 upvotes
KevinC268 wrote: Well I remember when I was a tween, if you brought me these headphones they would end up in the trash since almost anything else is better.
I think you and I agree on the what constitutes an accurate and precise statement, but disagree on the economy of posting styles.

I'll ponder your suggestion.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6833 posts
5736 upvotes
North York
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is good for a tween nephew, something for them to play with quietly and not annoy others.
To my niece and nephew, I buy quality gifts, stuff are as good as what I buy for my own kids. My sister does the same for my kids.
You are just a less favourite uncle. lol
Jan 2, 2013
324 posts
590 upvotes
Montreal
You can get these headphones on aliexpress or wish for like 2$ but unbranded
Nov 19, 2018
46 posts
65 upvotes
I have these for a guitar amp. compared to all my other cheap headphones, i find them to be quiet.

They sound ok i guess, (better than the stuff youd get in a case of beer)

at least its at dollarama instead of paying significantly more somewhere else.
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
509 upvotes
As others have said it's a little quiet. But if you need sound for a few months until you get something you really want no harm in getting them. Exactly why I grabbed these a few months ago. I think these used to be $3 in the past.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1925 posts
693 upvotes
Kitchener
I bought a pair of these for my son a few years ago and their still going strong. The lower volume and lack of bass is great for young kids since you don't want them to blast it anyway. Also the fact that their 4 bucks, if they get lost or broken no issue. He's had his since he was 3 and still uses them and is almost 7 now. Definitely not something I would get myself but for a little kid its perfect.
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
245 posts
139 upvotes
Filling up the hot Deals section with crap.... 🤬🤬🤬