Sep 10, 2005
4851 posts
2230 upvotes
GTA

[Dollarama] Xtreme 3FT Multicolour LED Strip w/ remote - $4

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Dollarama seems to be selling the LED strips again. Not sure if they sold the multicoloured ones previously.

16 Colour LED strip with remote this time

Spotted at the 8190 Bayview location in Thornhill
Images
  • IMG_20201228_110205.jpg
  • IMG_20201228_110219.jpg
12 replies
Jul 11, 2009
741 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
hello. thank you for posting.

can you tell me that if it turns on if connected to power, without requiring use of the remote? and if you unplug this the power, if it remembers the last colour setting it is set to?

i think a year ago i bought a version from dollarama for a tv bias light. i wanted it plugged into the TV's USB and set as "warm white" each time i turn on automatically whenever the tv is on, but it requires you to use the remote to turn on and if its power is disconnected, it defaults to "cool white".

incidentally, the version i got has either warm white LEDs 'on', cool white LEDs 'on', or both, which is not neutral but distinctly both warm and cool which looks horrible, but is the only way to have the brightness i'm looking for.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2784 posts
2369 upvotes
BC
a bit shorter than the Monster Led strip light sold at Dollarama..

guess the price for color vs just white
Dec 18, 2005
61 posts
5 upvotes
JimU wrote: hello. thank you for posting.

can you tell me that if it turns on if connected to power, without requiring use of the remote? and if you unplug this the power, if it remembers the last colour setting it is set to?

i think a year ago i bought a version from dollarama for a tv bias light. i wanted it plugged into the TV's USB and set as "warm white" each time i turn on automatically whenever the tv is on, but it requires you to use the remote to turn on and if its power is disconnected, it defaults to "cool white".

incidentally, the version i got has either warm white LEDs 'on', cool white LEDs 'on', or both, which is not neutral but distinctly both warm and cool which looks horrible, but is the only way to have the brightness i'm looking for.
I got these a few months ago and they do come on when plugged in and keep the last settings.
Dec 21, 2012
317 posts
398 upvotes
Anyone have experience controlling these USB ones with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi?
May 17, 2007
649 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
gueat wrote: I got these a few months ago and they do come on when plugged in and keep the last settings.
Do these stick well? the ones from monster doesn't stick well.
Aug 31, 2008
757 posts
345 upvotes
Bought two today, there are a bunch at the Carlaw and Pape location in Toronto. I bought the Monster ones a few months ago, but didn't like the limited colour options. These strips are shorter than the Monster ones, but have more variety in colours which I appreciate! For 4 bucks, it's good so far!
May 17, 2007
649 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
superrabbi wrote: Bought two today, there are a bunch at the Carlaw and Pape location in Toronto. I bought the Monster ones a few months ago, but didn't like the limited colour options. These strips are shorter than the Monster ones, but have more variety in colours which I appreciate! For 4 bucks, it's good so far!
I just got mine today. They are a lot shorter than the Monster ones and not as bright.
Nov 15, 2016
7 posts
Has anyone seen these in Edmonton? I dropped by a dollarma but didn't see it in the tech/lights section
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2847 posts
735 upvotes
I bought these. The lights work well. The remote sucks and does not always work. The one strip fits across just the top of my TV.

For what they are cheap LED lights they are cool.
May 17, 2007
649 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
I have extra ones if people can’t find them at dollarama.
Jan 31, 2013
29 posts
16 upvotes
Victoria
Found today Sept 9 at Victoria dollarama. But ultimately Disappointed, see photo. Packaging says multicolor shows a USB remote with multicolor, inside is a daylight / soft light without any colours USB strip. Guess in the future, I need to open all boxes before purchasing....?
16312162946231152428292231473573.jpg