US ONLY - Dome Z-Wave Plus Smart Water Main Shut-Off Valve US$65

Deal Link:
Price:
US$65
Savings:
33%
Retailer:
Domeha.com
Domeha.com has Dome Z-Wave Plus Smart Water Main Shut-Off Valve for US$99.97 - US$34.99 w/ coupon code WATER35 = US$64.98. Shipping is free but US ONLY.

Also available on Amazon.com for US$73 + US$17 shipping to Kingston ON (regular price)

11 replies
Jun 12, 2009
744 posts
236 upvotes
Yeah, I'm considering getting this or something like that.

FYI, you also need two other things: smart hub AND leak sensor, working together to trigger the valve shut off function. The hub is US$100 and each sensor is US$35.

What are the similar solutions sold in Canada?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31025 posts
16789 upvotes
Ottawa
FastFret wrote: Yeah, I'm considering getting this or something like that.

FYI, you also need two other things: smart hub AND leak sensor, working together to trigger the valve shut off function. The hub is US$100 and each sensor is US$35.

What are the similar solutions sold in Canada?
Hub: Samsung ST
Leak sensor: Xiaomi water sensor
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1105 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
When I first got my ST hub I was looking at getting this shut off valve. I ended up just purchasing an Xiaomi water sensor instead and had my contractor make a backup drain for my laundry.

But if you need an auto shut off valve, this looks like a good price as I don't recall seeing it lower then $99.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
13368 posts
13731 upvotes
Oakville
If I ever install a ball valve I'd be all over this...
Jun 12, 2009
744 posts
236 upvotes
Some users report insufficient torque on Amazon

I'm not the fence here because of this: don't want to bring it home to Canada just to realize it's too weak to pull the arm on my valve (which turns quite easily by hand)
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11042 posts
389 upvotes
Ottawa
I have one, and had it installed since July. It's already helped me once, when it (+ ST hub, and ST water sensor) detected a leak in my basement. Mind you, the leak had been going on for a month, but took that long to reach my sensor. Fixed that by getting more sensors!

Torque all depends on the maintenance of the valve; keep it greased to move more easy, and make sure you're tightened onto the copper pipe - also do be very very careful about the position, so the pivot is even.

Great device, paired with the water sensor + ST it can help if you have a leaking hot water tank, water softener, etc., to shut off your main water. Mind you, your 50 gal hot water tank will still flood, but it won't have more water running into it.
- Absolute
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10976 posts
2345 upvotes
Kingston
FastFret wrote: Some users report insufficient torque on Amazon

I'm not the fence here because of this: don't want to bring it home to Canada just to realize it's too weak to pull the arm on my valve (which turns quite easily by hand)
Most of the reviews are good so I'm taking a chance on it. Because I have an elbow right after my valve I'll need to do some customizing to fit it on, but I'm up for it.
Jun 12, 2009
744 posts
236 upvotes
Yeah, I pulled the trigger as well. I have enough clearance on my valve to accommodate this. Hopefully it' s strong enough to move the arm. Will pair it with Samsung ST hub and sensors via Z-wave compatibility.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
708 upvotes
I have one and it works great. Highly recommended for your smart home setup
Nov 20, 2015
34 posts
6 upvotes
Kapasiwin, AB
Is there anyway to order this to canada from domeha website?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11042 posts
389 upvotes
Ottawa
One recommendation given to me by a plumber - don't just tighten it directly onto your copper pipes - instead, wrap some tape around the pipe before you tighten. Otherwise you'll start to see the copper start to turn green and occasionally drip some residue.
- Absolute