Shopping Discussion

Domino's Home Delivery Charge(s)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2019 12:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
1714 posts
1244 upvotes

Domino's Home Delivery Charge(s)

A Domino's delivery guy mistakenly left a receipt in my mailbox.
Looked through the details.
Wow!!, Domino's Pizza charges $3 (plus taxes) for home delivery.

Remember years ago, It used to be free home deiivery esp those promo within 30 mins delivery or the pizza order is free.
I was happy camper those days.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."

++AGING is the price we all pay for LIVING++
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
6755 posts
1243 upvotes
Scarborough
I think they all, if not most charge for delivery these days.
Its worth it to pay specially when its bitter cold winter and not feel like going out to puckup

Or we try to make at home when possible
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13364 posts
8338 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
3.49 here

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2004
5244 posts
3798 upvotes
Edmonton
imoo2u wrote: A Domino's delivery guy mistakenly left a receipt in my mailbox.
Looked through the details.
Wow!!, Domino's Pizza charges $3 (plus taxes) for home delivery.

Remember years ago, It used to be free home deiivery esp those promo within 30 mins delivery or the pizza order is free.
I was happy camper those days.
Pizza prices have also come WAY down since then, so you are paying far less now than you were back then. I know this for a fact because I remember getting Domino's back in the mid 90's, around 1994. The local Domino's had a special on Monday's for a large pepperoni pizza for $10.99 and it was a BIG deal, everyone in town bought it. The regular price for their large specialty pizzas was $17.99. They didn't have as many coupons then as now.

Today, Domino's often has Large 2 topping pizzas for $7.99 on sale, and you can regularly find them for $10.99 (same price as back then). Pizza is one thing that has not followed inflation at all. It becomes cheaper every year.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 18, 2007
4332 posts
370 upvotes
adamtheman wrote: Pizza prices have also come WAY down since then, so you are paying far less now than you were back then. I know this for a fact because I remember getting Domino's back in the mid 90's, around 1994. The local Domino's had a special on Monday's for a large pepperoni pizza for $10.99 and it was a BIG deal, everyone in town bought it. The regular price for their large specialty pizzas was $17.99. They didn't have as many coupons then as now.

Today, Domino's often has Large 2 topping pizzas for $7.99 on sale, and you can regularly find them for $10.99 (same price as back then). Pizza is one thing that has not followed inflation at all. It becomes cheaper every year.
But pizza sizes have gotten smaller...
today's large is yesterday's medium.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 3, 2004
5244 posts
3798 upvotes
Edmonton
IceBlueShoes wrote: But pizza sizes have gotten smaller...
today's large is yesterday's medium.
Domino's has always been 10/12/14 inch. I don't recall it being smaller. Now, less toppings, I could see that. I remember there being more cheese back then.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2017
2306 posts
1895 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
So long as the delivery charge goes mostly to the drivers to cover their expenses I don't see an issue with the charge.
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17946 posts
5909 upvotes
Toronto
If you are paying regular price for pizzas, you shouldn't be on RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4814 posts
3173 upvotes
Vancouver
$5 for delivery in Vancouver... ugh!

Ron.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2010
44 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
The place I go has a 'walk-in' special, its like a discount if you don't deliver. However their order taking sucks, she won't let me call ahead for a pick-up. Like what is the **** difference, if I walk over there make the order and wait. Or I phone ahead and walk over there. The outcome is the same, I pick up the pizza and walk home.
Sr. Member
Dec 18, 2017
916 posts
519 upvotes
London, On
I have to admit I'm perplexed at the "wow" comment in the OP about a $3 delivery fee for pizza. I don't get the shock at there being a delivery fee, considering what Skip The Dishes and similar apps charge for food delivery.
Temp. Banned
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
So should you still tip the driver if there is a delivery charge or does that cover it?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2018
1270 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Who pays full price for Dominos? Always buy on 50% off or BOGO. $3.5 is rich for delivery, especially if you tip on top its like $5.

Top