Students

Don't know where to go !!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2009 10:19 pm
Apr 29, 2009
1 posts

Don't know where to go !!

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a dilemma. I have been working in banking for the past 5 years and work currently as a financial planner. Did my undergraduate studies at Concordia in Finance. Earned my CFP designation.
Having worked in finance for many years, i am really looking to go grab a title that could give me some diversity regarding the type of work and industry. I am looking for a new challenge in a field that's related to finance but where i could work more on the corporate side of the business.
I was going to do a CFA but more and more, i am tempted by the accounting designation. CA, CGA or CMA.
I heard that all three are good, but i know that the CA is the hardest and probably most recognized internationally. I'd like to do it just cause of the international flexibility. But now i heard of executive CMA-MBA program and it appears to be a shorter route and more practical and related to work experience. Is it really better to take it the long way and go through the CA route? I really value the flexibility and the international recognition of a title.
Can anyone help me please clarify things?

Thanks
Momoleo