Food & Drink

Door-to-door meat and seafood sellers

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 4:16 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20916 posts
6945 upvotes
Any idiot can make up a logo, cut meat, vacuum pack it, freeze it, and start selling it.

Source: Am idiot that occasionally does that to friends. Well except the freezing bit since I rarely freeze meat.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5456 posts
631 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:46 pm
Any idiot can make up a logo, cut meat, vacuum pack it, freeze it, and start selling it.

Source: Am idiot that occasionally does that to friends. Well except the freezing bit since I rarely freeze meat.
Not in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
Had one of them here.

Can't justify getting a shipment of meat that would sit in the freezer for over a year ... Even if it was a one time purchase.

Buddy did leave a pack of ground beef. Was expecting a small 6oz steak that I can grill and try, but it was ground beef.

He kept on stressing the colour of the meat and how fresh theirs is. As well, giving pride of their vacuum packed packaging that would last up to 18 months in the freezer.

He went on about fish ... But I catch my own in the spring summer and fall. Winter, filets from Costco.

Chicken and Pork. .. Well, Chinese grocery stores when they go on sale ... And Costco.

Frozen Vegetables and Fruits. No no no. I grow my own tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, chives.

Organic pantry items. No need. I have my own sources and preferences.

Lamb. Not even available.

Pure and Gentle Cleaners. Not even necessary.

He ended up giving a small sample of the ground beef. No much of a difference from the on sale ground beef at No Frills/Food Basics/Fresh Co. If it was a steak, then the result would be different. You can tell the difference between fresh steak and steak that has been sitting around.

VERDICT:
We will continue to get our steaks from Costco/Sobeys/Halenda's Meats/Metro.
We will continue to get pork and chicken from the Chinese Supermarkets or other conveniently located places.
No point in completely filling our 5 cu. ft. freezer in the basement and letting the meats sit for such a long time.

IMG_20190115_191801.jpg
IMG_20190115_191933.jpg
IMG_20190115_191913.jpg
IMG_20190115_191923.jpg
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20916 posts
6945 upvotes
I don't see any pricing on the order sheet.
Do they still not list prices?

Also they don't have Rib in either steaks or roasts? LOL.

There's like 3 things I'd consider buying on that entire sheet.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3226 posts
766 upvotes
Oshawa
death_hawk wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:32 pm
I don't see any pricing on the order sheet.
Do they still not list prices?

Also they don't have Rib in either steaks or roasts? LOL.

There's like 3 things I'd consider buying on that entire sheet.
The price is in one of the four images ... But when you alter their package, the price is different.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20916 posts
6945 upvotes
Oh right... I forgot they sell as a package.
So $3800 buys you the whole left side of the sheet right?
Then another $300 and whatever buys you the left?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1674 posts
376 upvotes
That's a crazy amount of money to spend on a stranger at the door.
Apr 12, 2005
871 posts
113 upvotes
would not buy food from someone selling door to door

No way