[OP]
Nov 19, 2020
142 posts
1347 upvotes

[DoorDash] 20% off on all orders? 20OFF2CA YMMV

Retailer:
DoorDash
More offers from DoorDash
PROMOTIONAL DETAILS: Limit one per person. Other fees (including service fee), taxes, and gratuity still apply. Offer expires 9/18/33. All deliveries subject to availability. Must have or create a valid DoorDash account with a valid form of accepted payment on file. Qualifying orders containing alcohol will be charged a $0.01 Delivery Fee. No cash value. Non-transferable. See full terms and conditions at dasherhelp.doordash.com/offer-terms-conditions.
22 replies
Nov 12, 2017
772 posts
869 upvotes
I got 15%

Your offer expires in September 2033??
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9764 posts
13806 upvotes
GT-EH
I don't know about you, but after all the prices,fees,taxes,tips etc... 20% off barely makes a dent. lol

FWIW, DoorDash is very convenient, but there's a huge price premium for that convenience.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Aug 13, 2020
733 posts
2636 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: I don't know about you, but after all the prices,fees,taxes,tips etc... 20% off barely makes a dent. lol

FWIW, DoorDash is very convenient, but there's a huge price premium for that convenience.
No idea why someone has to say this in EVERY food delivery thread lol. Yes, obviously it’s more expensive to have someone deliver to your door rather than picking it up yourself.
Apr 1, 2013
986 posts
2022 upvotes
Fredericton
Mlj223 wrote: No idea why someone has to say this in EVERY food delivery thread lol. Yes, obviously it’s more expensive to have someone deliver to your door rather than picking it up yourself.
Exactly.

If you don't value your time or your budget doesn't permit trading money for time, then by all means do pickup or don't do takeout at all.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9764 posts
13806 upvotes
GT-EH
Mlj223 wrote: No idea why someone has to say this in EVERY food delivery thread lol. Yes, obviously it’s more expensive to have someone deliver to your door rather than picking it up yourself.
Friendly reminder... this forum is called "Hot Deals". The keyword being "Hot" if you have trouble understanding.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5454 posts
3474 upvotes
SW ON
GiOBoY wrote: Friendly reminder... this forum is called "Hot Deals". The keyword being "Hot" if you have trouble understanding.
Is 20% off not hot for you?
Aug 13, 2020
733 posts
2636 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: Friendly reminder... this forum is called "Hot Deals". The keyword being "Hot" if you have trouble understanding.
It’s 20% off. Move on if you don’t like the deal lol. You’re arguing about the fundamentals of the business (very poorly)
Jun 14, 2005
672 posts
89 upvotes
Ottawa
Not eligible. Gave you an upvote anyway for posting unlike the grinches out there :p
Jul 22, 2006
542 posts
940 upvotes
Mlj223 wrote: It’s 20% off. Move on if you don’t like the deal lol. You’re arguing about the fundamentals of the business (very poorly)
When is 20% not a real deall? When it's with Doordash. Doordash is one of the worst for markups and other fees.

This has to be said because you really don't save much with these "deals" from these delivery services.
Aug 13, 2020
733 posts
2636 upvotes
canlabman wrote: When is 20% not a real deall? When it's with Doordash. Doordash is one of the worst for markups and other fees.

This has to be said because you really don't save much with these "deals" from these delivery services.
Lol
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
I personally think the problem is how much they (doordash/ubereats/skip) make on top of it.
If you order from say domino's. there's delivery fee, tip and all, but still a lot cheaper than going through those apps for a comparable pizza (say little cesars who delivery via doordash)
Aug 13, 2020
733 posts
2636 upvotes
neonic wrote: I personally think the problem is how much they (doordash/ubereats/skip) make on top of it.
If you order from say domino's. there's delivery fee, tip and all, but still a lot cheaper than going through those apps for a comparable pizza (say little cesars who delivery via doordash)
Get dominos then lmao
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1127 posts
1156 upvotes
Knowhere
the guy wasn't saying it is MORE, he was saying it is A LOT MORE.....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8787 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
canlabman wrote: When is 20% not a real deall? When it's with Doordash. Doordash is one of the worst for markups and other fees.
no way they are one of the cheapest where i live with often free delivery. uber has got to be the worst at least where i am. i might get $2 in fees/delivery on doordash vs uber somewhere around $10
Feb 25, 2012
50 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
I had that code for 4 weeks but expired now
May 24, 2008
551 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton ish
I got 12 months free with my RBC card for dash pass. I think that's a great deal
Using the awesome Blackberry KEY2. & KeyOne. Used to have BlackBerry Passport SE, Z30, Z10, BOLD 9900, 9000, Playbook 36gb
Zoomer wireless 6gb for $40
Feb 17, 2009
515 posts
782 upvotes
Mlj223 wrote: It’s 20% off. Move on if you don’t like the deal lol. You’re arguing about the fundamentals of the business (very poorly)
It's effectively 40% off if you bought those $100 Door Dash Gift Cards from Costco for $80.
Dec 27, 2008
175 posts
96 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote:
It's effectively 40% off if you bought those $100 Door Dash Gift Cards from Costco for $80.
More like 36% off, but still a great deal.

Unfortunately didn't work for my account :( but upvoted to counteract all these lame downvotes

Also, I feel really sorry for these losers who come in to these threads every time saying "oh noes a company charges extra to deliver food straight to my door." If you can't afford it then don't use DoorDash, simple, but a lot of us value our time and realize that time = money.