• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 6:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41970 posts
6614 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote: Sad thing is doordash keeps records of your credit card too
Since that is the case, they may be violating PCI compliance and could pay penalties. IF they're PCI compliant.
Proud to be an Indian.
3112 posts
1069 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Since that is the case, they may be violating PCI compliance and could pay penalties. IF they're PCI compliant.
Well I’m not 100% sure how they store it but they don’t let you delete it and if you use the same credit card twice they don’t let you use first account coupons, they flag your account and charge you the full price. So they have to have it some how
Aug 5, 2012
259 posts
64 upvotes
Some answers to the missing Amazon parcels? And DoorDash was not forthcoming about the driver to RCMP.
"In our original call to the food delivery service, they were not forthcoming in immediately providing that information to our investigator" - Cpl. Elenore Sturko, Surrey RCMP
Video captures DoorDash driver taking package from Surrey customer's home
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/09/18 ... ge-surrey/

Food Delivery Drivers Eating Your Food
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2962 posts
2888 upvotes
GTA
rollei wrote: Some answers to the missing Amazon parcels? And DoorDash was not forthcoming about the driver to RCMP.

Video captures DoorDash driver taking package from Surrey customer's home
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/09/18 ... ge-surrey/

Food Delivery Drivers Eating Your Food
Your post has nothing to do with the issue in this thread. Also it's a year old.
Aug 5, 2012
259 posts
64 upvotes
tew wrote: Your post has nothing to do with the issue in this thread. Also it's a year old.
That's true. Nothing to do with data breach but something to do with DoorDash.

What we can learn from this thread: there was a data breach at DoorDash, your credit card/personal data may/may not be compromised and there is a possibility of theft risk from DoorDash's drivers. And totally unrelated to DoorDash, food delivery drivers may/may not be eating food that is being delivered.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ontario
dyalect wrote: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/doorda ... 60?cmp=rss

This is why you should avoid these companies and your credit card / personal information.

More of a heads up than anything. Stay safe.

https://www.doordash.com

>>
As a result, information on customers, merchants and even some delivery drivers was stolen, including partial — but not complete — banking and credit card data, and driver's licence numbers for 100,000 delivery people.
>>
I don't get it, do you mean all companies? Because every company you buy from online will hold this information. Amazon, walmart, best buy, they all have your info. Good luck buying in cash only from your local stores.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2241 posts
2079 upvotes
Whitby
deadice wrote: I don't get it, do you mean all companies? Because every company you buy from online will hold this information. Amazon, walmart, best buy, they all have your info. Good luck buying in cash only from your local stores.
Don't give your personal information to every company that comes out. You can have that data floating around everywhere. Phone apps for orders etc. Just my 0.02.

The bigger more established the company the better.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ontario
dyalect wrote: Don't give your personal information to every company that comes out. You can have that data floating around everywhere. Phone apps for orders etc. Just my 0.02.

The bigger more established the company the better.
Well you kind of have to if you want to take advantage of ordering online. So unless you just want to pay cash in store only, your suggestion doesn't really fly.

And Door Dash is a pretty established company, so it can still happen with anyone.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2241 posts
2079 upvotes
Whitby
deadice wrote: Well you kind of have to if you want to take advantage of ordering online. So unless you just want to pay cash in store only, your suggestion doesn't really fly.

And Door Dash is a pretty established company, so it can still happen with anyone.
Take Mcdonalds mobile as an example. Issue is getting hacked and then having to fight with a bank to get your money back and convince them you didn't buy $1200 of cheeseburgers in one shot. Either way do your research and tread lightly. Second wave coming so hackers know people are at home more and they want your information!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1332 posts
435 upvotes
don't worry you will all get settlement of couple years equifax or some other credit history garbage to appease :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5380 posts
2172 upvotes
Toronto
rollei wrote: And DoorDash was not forthcoming about the driver to RCMP.
To be fair, no big company is going to open their books to the police during the first call. Just like with a normal person, if there's any kind of chance you might have done something - sorry, I have no comment until I talk to my lawyer.