Jan 12, 2017
685 posts
643 upvotes

[DoorDash] 20% off your first 3 orders + $1 delivery fee

Savings:
20% off
Retailer:
Doordash

Saw this on my doordash app, get it while it lasts.

Code: 20JULYCA3
20% off your first 3 orders + $1 delivery fee
Last edited by Darko2 on Jul 23rd, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3698 posts
1206 upvotes
Toronto
Horrendous customer service
Nov 4, 2015
395 posts
177 upvotes
T.O
Chiming in with my two cents but ordered off of DoorDash and the food said it was ready but the restaurant was out of business lol idk if they they verify these businesses before including them on the app
TELUS 25gb/$40
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3004 posts
1469 upvotes
Markham
Worst app of the bunch, server issue constantly when placing an order, discounts randomly disappear, it's a disaster
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Nov 28, 2018
37 posts
12 upvotes
I think Doordash's IT totally sucks, I never successfully apply the promo codes since the first time I use.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
685 posts
643 upvotes
Here is the Canadian version of the code I think
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1127 posts
1328 upvotes
Kitchener
taurine wrote: Chiming in with my two cents but ordered off of DoorDash and the food said it was ready but the restaurant was out of business lol idk if they they verify these businesses before including them on the app
The restaurant has to confirm the order on the app or it gets auto cancelled.

It's possible/likely, after they went out of business, they just kept the app confirmed the orders to bank a bit more cash. Pretty sure all these app delivery companies pay out fairly quickly so they can pocket a few more coin that way. Most restaurants run on slim margins and a lot rely on quick payouts to survive.

They do obviously confirm the businesses at sign up, it's usually not free for the restaurants. But they could go out of business the next day after their confirmed, they don't do follow ups aside from the automated stuff, so yea you'll see places that are shut down there, especially in these corona days.

Yea they should do at least like monthly followups to confirm there even still open for small business, but yea they don't. I see some in Kitchener/Waterloo on there too that have been closed for months, they probably pocketed a bunch of orders and people were just too lazy to report them so they still haven't got removed. Or worse, they stall - they do reply to doordashs followups and say ya we had to shut down a bit because corona but well be open tommorow so they stay on the app.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1127 posts
1328 upvotes
Kitchener
Darko2 wrote: Hmm I wonder why it popped up on my app
Same app for US/Canada, they might just rely on IP geolcation for some promotions, especially new user ones, and that's not always accurate, it might of said your IP was in the US. Mine used to report US sometimes too, other times Montreal, and I live in ontario, dynamic IPs suck.