Expired Hot Deals

DoorDash

[DoorDash] 50% off with DashPass YRMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 11:38 am
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2019
69 posts
39 upvotes

[DoorDash] 50% off with DashPass YRMV

Savings:
50%
Expiry:
July 10, 2020
Retailer:
DoorDash
50OFFDP
Sign up for Dashpash and get 50% off your next order over $12(up to $20 value). Doesn't require new account. But if you register a new account, then can try Dashpass for free and then cancel it.
19 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
1961 posts
1397 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks! Seems to work here
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
19389 posts
5609 upvotes
Scarberia
So it's free if u cancel after 30 days?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 13, 2019
69 posts
39 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: So it's free if u cancel after 30 days?
Within 30 days. Before you subscribe, it will say whether it's free trial or not.
Jr. Member
Jul 12, 2019
196 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Fine print clearly states: 50OFFDP • Get 50% off your first DashPass order (up to $20 value), now through 7/10.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1793 posts
5159 upvotes
Thanks OP! Signed up for Dashpass just to get the 50% off promo code. Promo code works for pickup orders. Ordered some dim sum for pickup.

Edit: I'm an existing Doordash customer. Before I subscribed to Dashpass, it clearly stated that I'm getting a 30 day free trial of Dashpass. So the free trial works for existing Doordash customers (or some existing Doordash customers).
Last edited by oj777 on Jul 6th, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Apr 26, 2013
23 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote: Just saved around $10 on my lunch today. Thanks @[darklightness]!
DoorDash charges a service fee, 10%, even with 0 delivery fee, the actual saving is less than half.
but still cheaper without the 50%
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
13443 posts
2723 upvotes
Vancouver
I took advantage yesterday. I was dying to try this expensive pizza. But didn’t think it would be worth the advertised price. I ended up saving $18.25

Pizza was killer.
Images
  • DB634F86-1BC3-40B9-A076-04E0334945CC.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1793 posts
5159 upvotes
Just had a bad experience with Doordash. Ordered $40 worth of food for pickup. Order went through, got 50% off with the promo code, and the order completion was set for 12:15pm.

I drive to the restaurant (15 minutes each way) and when I arrive the restaurant doors are locked. Tried calling the restaurant, no answer. WTF Doordash, they allow orders to go through when the restaurant is closed?

I did an online phone chat with Doordash. The customer service rep told me the restaurant is open on their end and she wants proof (me taking a picture) that the restaurant is closed. She then asks, ok do I want a refund? Well duh.. yes I want a refund. I then asked if I can get a credit for the inconvenience. After 10 minutes of waiting she gives me a $10 credit.

Refund + $10 credit + loss of a 50% off promo code + time wasted.

Anybody have simular situations? Should I be happy with a $10 credit?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1233 posts
461 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: I took advantage yesterday. I was dying to try this expensive pizza. But didn’t think it would be worth the advertised price. I ended up saving $18.25

Pizza was killer.
which shop is that?
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2018
863 posts
1936 upvotes
oj777 wrote: Just had a bad experience with Doordash. Ordered $40 worth of food for pickup. Order went through, got 50% off with the promo code, and the order completion was set for 12:15pm.

I drive to the restaurant (15 minutes each way) and when I arrive the restaurant doors are locked. Tried calling the restaurant, no answer. WTF Doordash, they allow orders to go through when the restaurant is closed?

I did an online phone chat with Doordash. The customer service rep told me the restaurant is open on their end and she wants proof (me taking a picture) that the restaurant is closed. She then asks, ok do I want a refund? Well duh.. yes I want a refund. I then asked if I can get a credit for the inconvenience. After 10 minutes of waiting she gives me a $10 credit.

Refund + $10 credit + loss of a 50% off promo code + time wasted.

Anybody have simular situations? Should I be happy with a $10 credit?
You're right, instead of relying on the restaurant to follow the hours it posts to DoorDash, DoorDash should phone each location every... hour, to confirm they are open.

They should also just blindly accept what their customers say and give free meals and credits to anyone who complains, no proof needed.

Actually, this is totally a business opportunity for you to be the best app for food ordering. Just hire a ton of people to randomly call all the restaurants in the country, confirming they're open. Then, also blindly accept any customer complaints.

I'd download that app.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto
service fee on dashpass participating restaurant is reduced as well in addition to free delivery, from 11% to 5%. Free delivery part not that valuable as the vast majority offer free delivery >$12 orders anyways. So unless you are consistently making large orders (to take advantage of the 6% fee discount) or just get delivery all the time, dashpass is becoming less appealing as I've noticed a lot of restaurants have dropped out of the program (big one was aloette).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 27, 2007
2548 posts
466 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: You're right, instead of relying on the restaurant to follow the hours it posts to DoorDash, DoorDash should phone each location every... hour, to confirm they are open.

They should also just blindly accept what their customers say and give free meals and credits to anyone who complains, no proof needed.

Actually, this is totally a business opportunity for you to be the best app for food ordering. Just hire a ton of people to randomly call all the restaurants in the country, confirming they're open. Then, also blindly accept any customer complaints.

I'd download that app.
Such an unnecessary snarky response. No need to attack OP.

Do you work for Doordash or something.

I've had bad experiences with DoorDash too, because their system doesn't need restaurants to confirm receipt of orders. Doordash just sends out the order and hopes it gets made. Other food delivery companies wait for a response from the restaurant, to make sure that the order was accepted and confirmed. It's just poor app design from doordash.

Orders get cancelled occasionally (restaurant out of that item, closed, too busy etc). But not confirming with the restaurant is inexcusable for doordash.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1793 posts
5159 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: You're right, instead of relying on the restaurant to follow the hours it posts to DoorDash, DoorDash should phone each location every... hour, to confirm they are open.

They should also just blindly accept what their customers say and give free meals and credits to anyone who complains, no proof needed.

Actually, this is totally a business opportunity for you to be the best app for food ordering. Just hire a ton of people to randomly call all the restaurants in the country, confirming they're open. Then, also blindly accept any customer complaints.

I'd download that app.
Yes, its Doordash's responsibility to get their customers orders fulfilled, if a customer is successful at placing an order. Since the restaurant wasn't open, my order should have never went through. Its not the customers responsibility to check to see if a restaurant is open before placing an order on any delievery app.

Maybe you should try Ubereats. Ubereats actually waits for a response from the restaurant before an order is confirmed. Never had any issues with them.

I actually just checked Ubereats. They also have the same restaurant. Hours posted on the app says the actual restaurant should be open. However the app lists the restaurant: currently unavailable!

I just checked Doordash again, and I'm still able to order from this specific restaurant, even though its (most likely) still closed.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16624 posts
32238 upvotes
Scarborough
oj777 wrote: Just had a bad experience with Doordash. Ordered $40 worth of food for pickup. Order went through, got 50% off with the promo code, and the order completion was set for 12:15pm.

I drive to the restaurant (15 minutes each way) and when I arrive the restaurant doors are locked. Tried calling the restaurant, no answer. WTF Doordash, they allow orders to go through when the restaurant is closed?

I did an online phone chat with Doordash. The customer service rep told me the restaurant is open on their end and she wants proof (me taking a picture) that the restaurant is closed. She then asks, ok do I want a refund? Well duh.. yes I want a refund. I then asked if I can get a credit for the inconvenience. After 10 minutes of waiting she gives me a $10 credit.

Refund + $10 credit + loss of a 50% off promo code + time wasted.

Anybody have simular situations? Should I be happy with a $10 credit?
Not the same situation but earlier this year I placed a pickup order from a restaurant near me on Door Dash. I followed the app prompts and arrived to pickup my food shortly after it said it was ready. When I walked in, the person at the counter said their tablet wasn't working so they weren't getting any orders. They started making my order after looking at my phone to confirm that I had actually placed it. Took about 25-30 minutes during which time I contacted their support team through the app. They were apologetic but ended up giving me nothing for my wasted time.

Later that evening I wrote an email to them via their website saying pretty much the same thing. They ended up credited the entire amount of my order ($46) to my account which was way more than I was expecting (I thought $10 would be nice). You might have better luck via email. Maybe you can get a 50% off coupon to replace the offer you lost.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sr. Member
May 8, 2001
839 posts
1420 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: Such an unnecessary snarky response. No need to attack OP.

Do you work for Doordash or something.

I've had bad experiences with DoorDash too, because their system doesn't need restaurants to confirm receipt of orders. Doordash just sends out the order and hopes it gets made. Other food delivery companies wait for a response from the restaurant, to make sure that the order was accepted and confirmed. It's just poor app design from doordash.

Orders get cancelled occasionally (restaurant out of that item, closed, too busy etc). But not confirming with the restaurant is inexcusable for doordash.
The bolded part is the exact opposite of my experience on Saturday. The place I ordered from had confirming order with restaurant for at least 10 minutes before I initiated chat with support. Support said they couldn't reach restaurant or something similar. Got refunded to my CC and the 50% discount was credited as DoorDash credits. That restaurant was no longer listed for the rest of the day. Had no problems ordering the next day at same place.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: Microsoft, Tim Hortons, WaySpa, Xbox
Member
User avatar
Jun 25, 2004
306 posts
67 upvotes
I took advantage of this offer yesterday -- it might be a rolling offer because the expiry was July 11 for me -- and got the $20 off but was charged the delivery fee and full DoorDash service charge. In other words, the DashPass benefits were not applied to the order. I contacted DoorDash support and they gave me a credit equivalent to the waived delivery fee and 50% service charge.

Note that you don't have to wait 30 days to cancel the DashPass. If you cancel it immediately, it will still be valid for the full 30 days. It simply won't automatically renew.

Top