Expired Hot Deals

[DoorDash] Summer of DashPass - New offer each week

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 5:21 pm
Jan 22, 2018
178 posts
189 upvotes
JohnF100 wrote: Pretty sure these promos are exclusive to each week only, and could only be used on the given week.
Yes, but the first promo runs between July 27-August 2. Which would be a overlap?
I guess my question is, how long is the dashpass trial exactly? 4 weeks or 31 days?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6768 posts
3169 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BaiLoSellHi wrote: Yes, but the first promo runs between July 27-August 2. Which would be a overlap?
I guess my question is, how long is the dashpass trial exactly? 4 weeks or 31 days?
1 month for $9.99. My guess is till the same day next month.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jan 22, 2018
178 posts
189 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: 1 month for $9.99. My guess is till the same day next month.
Ok, back to what I am saying:
First promo runs between July 27-August 2
Last promo starts August 31

If you start your dashpass in August, you'll will only need to pay for one month of dashpass instead of two ( or none instead of one if you are doing a trial)
[OP]
Feb 20, 2007
33 posts
157 upvotes
BaiLoSellHi wrote: Ok, back to what I am saying:
First promo runs between July 27-August 2
Last promo starts August 31

If you start your dashpass in August, you'll will only need to pay for one month of dashpass instead of two ( or none instead of one if you are doing a trial)
I can confirm that is the case

I signed up July 8th for dash pass and my membership is expiring Aug 8th
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14183 posts
26620 upvotes
Scarborough
kooltilltheen wrote: I do see the pop-up but not for a free trial - it seems they aren't offering a free trial on my primary account (I see it on another account - of which I no longer have the phone number...oh well)
Have you ever signed up for the free trial before? I used it earlier this year so it doesn't show up for me anymore. My wife had the free trial offer on her account so we used the $15 off offer last night.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jul 20, 2017
597 posts
689 upvotes
cream4389 wrote: this works in canada? when I click on terms and conditions it says United States
https://help.doordash.com/consumers/s/a ... uage=en_US
Not for this promo, but in general, Dasspass is actually valid cross border. Sign up in US, works in canada, and vice versa.

Unlike uber eats, where they do have similar passes in some areas of the US, it's not hard region locked.

I verified this with customer service as I have the chase sapphire preferred which gives free dashpass for 12+ months.

So ya hopefully can make use of this promo.
Jul 20, 2017
597 posts
689 upvotes
CuteHoor wrote: just signed up for the free trial and have a poke bowl on the way. for once QC has the better promo :)
The offers look pretty awesome. Nice they swapped out chipotle and swiss chalet for anything since I guess quebec doesn't have either.

But for the canada wide non-toronto edition, they have swiss chalet still, which is fair , they are all over canada.. But for the aug 10th offer - they still kept Chipotle?? Which i'm pretty sure it Toronto only. So weird they did that and didn't make that generic canada wide.

But hey quebec is almost always left out or gets a worse version of promos, so its cool they get the pog for a change.
Last edited by Eleventeen on Jul 28th, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2017
597 posts
689 upvotes
Stagaz630 wrote: This is what I see (Toronto area). I'm on the Dashpass trial.
Looks like your IP or something isn't showing toronto cuz that's the canada wide generic edition. Main difference with Toronto seems to be just Aug 3rd offer is cheesecake factory instead.
Repost your image since it doesn't show in the quote:
https://j.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... iginal.jpg

Edit: nevermind, looks like there is no Toronto only edition even though Toronto does have cheesecake factory, thats a US only offer. Toronto offer = canada wide except quebec per the T&Cs
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1319 posts
704 upvotes
Burnaby
TomRFD wrote: Have you ever signed up for the free trial before? I used it earlier this year so it doesn't show up for me anymore. My wife had the free trial offer on her account so we used the $15 off offer last night.
Pretty sure I haven't but I did try to create multiple accounts (a long time back) using the same phone number (aka "Skip Trick", as I like to call it) so maybe they flagged my account at that point
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11748 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
I can tell you this. I signed with a different account, only my email changed and that promo banner is there. BUT don’t click if you have already had a trial etc. It will charge you! No idea what trial banner shows EVEN though I’ve already had it. The app should be smart enough to know. I say it’s somewhat tricky. I did get my $9.99 back though. I told them I made a mistake. No idea why the banner shows.
Nov 26, 2011
47 posts
30 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Can't get this to work with any local restaurants in vancouver?
Nov 21, 2011
186 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Whatevermang wrote: Can't get this to work with any local restaurants in vancouver?
I think you have to click the order button after clicking the banner to see a list of restaurants.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54446 upvotes
Ontario
WARNING!

Make sure you check your credit card invoice after you receive the foods.

I noticed several restaurants charged me $10-$20 extra.
Contacted DD and they didn't do anything. It says the restaurants said those are the extra charges so DD accepted it.
DD did not give me a refund at all. I have to do a charge back.

Restaurant owners can change the price at any time. Even though the DD app says $10, the restaurant can say they need to add $3 extra.
DD will charge $3 extra on your cc. Sneaky restaurants.

Even if you paid with Apple pay. They can still change it and charge you again ,

For example,

You paid $10 + $1 tip = $11.
Restaurant said they need to charge $3 more.
DD will accept it and charge you extra $3

DD will refund $11 back to you and charge you $14.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Oct 26, 2003
946 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
Thatdealguy wrote: WARNING!

Make sure you check your credit card invoice after you receive the foods.

I noticed several restaurants charged me $10-$20 extra.
Contacted DD and they didn't do anything. It says the restaurants said those are the extra charges so DD accepted it.
DD did not give me a refund at all. I have to do a charge back.

Restaurant owners can change the price at any time. Even though the DD app says $10, the restaurant can say they need to add $3 extra.
DD will charge $3 extra on your cc. Sneaky restaurants.

Even if you paid with Apple pay. They can still change it and charge you again ,

For example,

You paid $10 + $1 tip = $11.
Restaurant said they need to charge $3 more.
DD will accept it and charge you extra $3

DD will refund $11 back to you and charge you $14.
Does your DoorDash receipt get adjusted as well with the new price? How will you prove the original price when you do a chargeback?