Expired Hot Deals

[Dotmar Fitness] YORK Cast Iron Plates - New - $2/lb Mississauga pickup!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 10:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2020
2 posts
3 upvotes

YORK Cast Iron Plates - New - $2/lb Mississauga pickup!

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Dotmar Fitness
Honestly not a bad deal right now. 2$ a lb for york cast iron plates in stock. Pickup is a decent deal, but not sure how much shipping will add to the costs.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
3010 posts
888 upvotes
Shipping cost came out to be $10.39 (Vaughan area)
Aug 16, 2009
563 posts
451 upvotes
I'm only seeing 100lbs in stock.
Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3449 posts
4896 upvotes
BC
Shipping seems super cheap. $30 for 100lbs* shipped to BC!

Edit: $45 for 200lbs
Last edited by peakingduck on Dec 3rd, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3066 posts
1945 upvotes
Montreal
lmao I for some reason thought there was a new buying concept of cast iron cookware by weight.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3961 posts
1840 upvotes
Mississauga
Good deal except that NOTHING but 10lbs is available.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2020
2 posts
3 upvotes
35lb deep dish York seems available right now!
May 7, 2010
730 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Would love the York ISO rubber coated set if they get them back in stock.... But I bet the price will go up again when they do.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
3010 posts
888 upvotes
recently placed an order. Shipping is coming late and staff is not very friendly. Probably going to accept the shipment anyway but not going back to them ever again.
Oct 2, 2018
503 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Very little stock available and very limited on plate weights.

Too bad as I am looking for various weight plates and a bench as I am only half way through sourcing my equipment. Tough finding everything during covid as seems many things are sold out waiting for restocking, think I can get the plates but the bench itself I am finding it tougher to source.
Aug 16, 2009
563 posts
451 upvotes
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Very little stock available and very limited on plate weights.

Too bad as I am looking for various weight plates and a bench as I am only half way through sourcing my equipment. Tough finding everything during covid as seems many things are sold out waiting for restocking, think I can get the plates but the bench itself I am finding it tougher to source.
These guys have almost all plates in stock.
Prices are a little high though.

https://www.greatlakesgirya.com/collect ... pic-plates
Oct 2, 2018
503 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Dandada wrote: These guys have almost all plates in stock.

Thank you for the referral, see they have a warehouse for local pickup so might be worth the drive if it eliminates the shipping coupled with the 10% off on their site for December. I have a company close for weight which is a tad less expensive with local pickup, however if that does not work out I will give this one a go.

Thanks and cheers.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2846 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
Any good places to find a package with Olympic weight plates and barbell?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2935 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Dandada wrote:
These guys have almost all plates in stock.

Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Thank you for the referral, see they have a warehouse for local pickup so might be worth the drive if it eliminates the shipping coupled with the 10% off on their site for December. I have a company close for weight which is a tad less expensive with local pickup, however if that does not work out I will give this one a go.

Thanks and cheers.
stay away from them.
check out the recent reviews on google, yelp, facebook, Instagram etc.

they have tons of bad reviews. missed orders, keep pushing things back, no communication, owner argues with people over social media, deleted posts, makes stupid Instagram videos ranting and not taking ownership, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4397 posts
839 upvotes
Newbury, ON
Musiq Soulchild wrote: Any good places to find a package with Olympic weight plates and barbell?
fitness depot. You have to go there in person and find out when they get shipments in. On that day join the line up when they open. At least thats how it was 2 months ago, they were expensive at $2/lb but that is now the new low price.

I've bought stuff from Dotmar in the past, the service is top notch.
Feb 21, 2012
200 posts
141 upvotes
East York, Ontario
Dot mar is quite friendly/helpful/honest. I highly suggest following them on Instagram and get notifications when they post about stuff.
Aug 16, 2009
563 posts
451 upvotes
hdave wrote: stay away from them.
check out the recent reviews on google, yelp, facebook, Instagram etc.

they have tons of bad reviews. missed orders, keep pushing things back, no communication, owner argues with people over social media, deleted posts, makes stupid Instagram videos ranting and not taking ownership, etc.
Thanks for the heads up.
They're also expensive.
I got lucky and was able to order some 5s, 10s and 25s from Rogue today and looked at greatlakesgirya and for the same size cast iron plates, they were $55 more overall.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2935 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
bdemarco wrote: Dot mar is quite friendly/helpful/honest. I highly suggest following them on Instagram and get notifications when they post about stuff.
+1 Dotmar is a very respectable place.
Super friendly people, easy cancelation, and don't rush you off the phone.
When I had called to cancel an order during the height of the pandemic the guy said thanks for canceling instead of just flipping it for a profit.