Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto

Double chin liposuction?

I've had a double chin for quite some time now. With gyms closed its a little hard to workout consistently.
Has anyone tried liposuction to get rid of it, if so how much did you spend and are you pleased with the results?
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3800 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
I can't use Botox etc., but I do buy some skin care from a place that does offer injectable treatments.

I noticed that the OP's profile indicates a Toronto location. I am also in Toronto. While clinics have been allowed to open, anything that requires a mask (or uses injectables) is currently not allowed due to government investigating if COVID-19 is at all linked to said injectables. I am not certain of the current progress on that front.

I read the new procedures while trying to figure out how to order the skin care that I do use.

I do not know whether an injectable treatments would work or if a Plastic Surgeon could currently (or would) do such a procedure due to the mask issue.

The procedure would be far from inexpensive. It would be up to the OP to determine if the price was reasonable.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone done Kybella treatment? If so, where and was the treatment worth it?
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18746 posts
18278 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How about just adjust your diet? One doesn't require a gym to lose weight.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: How about just adjust your diet? One doesn't require a gym to lose weight.
My diet is fine.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18746 posts
18278 upvotes
Richmond Hill
osuman wrote: My diet is fine.
I use to say the same thing when I was at my heaviest... and had a double chin LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: I use to say the same thing when I was at my heaviest... and had a double chin LOL
Im only 120lbs being 5'7
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: How old are you?
mid-high 20s
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4633 upvotes
Montréal
Whoa, only in your 20s and thinking of cosmetic surgery? Have you really looked into diet/exercise and mewing? You're kinda a bit underweight, so I'm confused how you can have a double chin?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Weird. Lipo it is then LOL
lol yeah I had it for at least 1 or 2 years now. People say maybe walk with a raised chin but its not really helpful cuz I'd look like a jackass.
I'm guessing its just genetics.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
18746 posts
18278 upvotes
Richmond Hill
osuman wrote: lol yeah I had it for at least 1 or 2 years now. People say maybe walk with a raised chin but its not really helpful cuz I'd look like a jackass.
I'm guessing its just genetics.
LOL yeah that's not a good solution. Genetics are a funny thing. Should see if it's a medical condition and maybe OHIP will cover. You never know.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: LOL yeah that's not a good solution. Genetics are a funny thing. Should see if it's a medical condition and maybe OHIP will cover. You never know.
Yeah I talked to my family doctor few weeks ago, she just ordered blood work which turned out normal. Double chin is probably least of her worries lol

Anyways Ill probably try Kybella at some point, thanks guys.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6927 posts
6052 upvotes
Blanche123 wrote: I can't use Botox etc., but I do buy some skin care from a place that does offer injectable treatments.

I noticed that the OP's profile indicates a Toronto location. I am also in Toronto. While clinics have been allowed to open, anything that requires a mask (or uses injectables) is currently not allowed due to government investigating if COVID-19 is at all linked to said injectables. I am not certain of the current progress on that front.

I read the new procedures while trying to figure out how to order the skin care that I do use.

I do not know whether an injectable treatments would work or if a Plastic Surgeon could currently (or would) do such a procedure due to the mask issue.

The procedure would be far from inexpensive. It would be up to the OP to determine if the price was reasonable.
seems surgeons are still able to do filler injections as of two weeks ago..is the "ban" on injectables new?

took wife to get fillers at the surgeon just couple weeks ago
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6927 posts
6052 upvotes
osuman wrote: I've had a double chin for quite some time now. With gyms closed its a little hard to workout consistently.
Has anyone tried liposuction to get rid of it, if so how much did you spend and are you pleased with the results?
Wife's friend asked and was quoted 3k-5k for lipo on the chin from the surgeon ..hasn't done it yet so don't know if happy with results though I imagine it'll be surgeon dependent as well and how good they are
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: How can u have a double chin? Are your ribs showing?
Not every person is built the same. Mystery solved.