Expired Hot Deals

[Esso] Double Esso or PCO points at Esso and Mobil stations (Oct 23-25 )

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 2:56 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1574 posts
744 upvotes
Edmonton
Kyle12345 wrote: So regular Esso stations don’t give double the points?
Probably not. All the Mobil 1/Esso stations I fill up at are tied to either a No Frills store or a Superstore. Don't think the standalone Esso's are connected
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11976 posts
10883 upvotes
bubak wrote: How is base 35pts/L? https://www.pcoptimum.ca/essomobil says "Earn 10 points per litre of fuel". So this turns it from 10pts/L to 20pts/L, so 2c off instead of 1c off.
AB Mobil stations at RCSS locations give out 35 pts per L. Extra 35 pts for paying by PC MC. Double the base points until tomorrow.
Other provinces may have different earn system.
Look for the signs on how much you earn at your Mobil station before fill up.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2341 posts
1512 upvotes
Ontario
origami wrote: Hmm... I am clueless how this is calculated.
I purchased about $29+ for about 30L of gas from an Esso station today, using PC Mastercard, and I only got 580 pts.
I do have the double point offer in my Optimum account
Black Question Mark Ornament
Noticed you are from Toronto. Esso in Ontario rewards 10 PCO pts per litre. You likely purchased 29L which equates to 290 base pts + another 290 bonus 2x pts = 580 total.
Kyle12345 wrote:
So regular Esso stations don’t give double the points?
dj_rice wrote: Probably not. All the Mobil 1/Esso stations I fill up at are tied to either a No Frills store or a Superstore. Don't think the standalone Esso's are connected
ALL Esso and Mobil stations should be giving out 2x pts.

However, in my local area, both Esso and Mobil stations only reward 10 base PCO pts per L. Only the Mobil locations attached to a RCSS (too far from me) give out 20 base PCO pts per L.

It seems other provinces reward higher base pts like @EMBGUY from AB gets 35 base PCO pts per L.

This is where it's confusing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7603 posts
3680 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Noticed you are from Toronto. Esso in Ontario rewards 10 PCO pts per litre. You likely purchased 29L which equates to 290 base pts + another 290 bonus 2x pts = 580 total.

They probably don't know that we are all comparing notes with each other.

However, in my local area, both Esso and Mobil stations only reward 10 base PCO pts per L. Only the Mobil locations attached to a RCSS (too far from me) give out 20 base PCO pts per L.

It seems other provinces reward higher base pts like @EMBGUY from AB gets 35 base PCO pts per L.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8994 posts
7302 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Got gas at a Mobil station, but I guess it's not one that is adjacent to a Loblaws banner store, so didn't get tons of points like others on this forum.
48 L
480 base points
480 bonus points
Points earned 960
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1574 posts
744 upvotes
Edmonton
kiiaal wrote: Noticed you are from Toronto. Esso in Ontario rewards 10 PCO pts per litre. You likely purchased 29L which equates to 290 base pts + another 290 bonus 2x pts = 580 total.

Thanks for clearing that up. A few years back my local Superstore was giving 70 points/L. Only one in the city that gave 70 points. So I was always fill up at this location. Then they made the change to what every other station was giving. That was a sad day.

But correct AB is giving 35points. I also use my PC MC WE to pay

Thanks for clearing that up. A few years back my local Superstore was giving 70 points/L. Only one in the city that gave 70 points. So I was always fill up at this location. Then they made the change to what every other station was giving. That was a sad day.

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11976 posts
10883 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: Thanks for clearing that up. A few years back my local Superstore was giving 70 points/L. Only one in the city that gave 70 points. So I was always fill up at this location. Then they made the change to what every other station was giving. That was a sad day.

Before the gas station took over from RCSS, paying PB WE MC will get another 30 pts/$. Now, we get only 10 pts/$ as the gas station is no long owned by Loblaw.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!