• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2021 10:29 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2009
25 posts
64 upvotes
toronto

[Costco] Dps gaming chair 3d insight $139

Saw this in costco today in ajax, ontario location.. seems like a good deal for this price.. $199 in costco website
Images
  • 987BFA19-EE7B-4178-BFA1-5A41D8AEF33D.jpeg
  • 448C888B-AC98-4E69-8E00-2E677ED7804B.jpeg
Last edited by soncheryse on Dec 27th, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
142 replies
Nov 14, 2011
33 posts
91 upvotes
Location? Is this nationwide or store specific?
Nov 30, 2007
94 posts
90 upvotes
Called downtown Vancouver. They have it on regular price of $179.99.
Dec 24, 2017
946 posts
910 upvotes
London
I got one of these and had to return it. Hurt my butt and my back

ETA: the lumbar support is odd (its a panel and the bottom pushes out when you lean back against the top) and i think my height may be a relevant factor (5'5 ish). The seat always felt like there was a solid bar in it or something and i have a bad tailbone so i need extra cushion. Ended up getting the tempurpedic and it is lightyears better for me. Im starting online school again soon so needed something for longer periods and this wasn't even good enough for 4-5h gaming/surfing sessions
Last edited by bpboop on Dec 26th, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 12, 2013
36 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone else have a review of this chair? Or recommend any other office chairs?
Sep 6, 2019
39 posts
73 upvotes
I bought this chair last time it was on sale. I like it but one of the arm rest is loose. Might have to do a exchange. Also not 100% sure how long the seat padding will hold up feels little soft

If you get this chair on sale i would say its good value but never at full price.
Dec 12, 2013
36 posts
24 upvotes
JordanL15502 wrote: I bought this chair last time it was on sale. I like it but one of the arm rest is loose. Might have to do a exchange. Also not 100% sure how long the seat padding will hold up feels little soft

If you get this chair on sale i would say its good value but never at full price.
Thanks for the input, I'll see if I can find it on sale here in BC
Jul 18, 2015
156 posts
94 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
I have been using this chair for 6-7 months and so far no complaint at all. Find it really comfortable for short-moderate gaming time. I do not use it for longer than 2 hours periods so can't vouch for people who will use it for extended periods (working hours). Love the lumbar support but I guess it is not the same for everyone !
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1681 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
I had one for 6 months, it’s definitely not a WFH chair, it’s more of a 2-3 hour gaming session type of chair. Eventually returned it because the hydraulic cylinder kept sinking overnight. Tried to get a hold of the manufacturer to replace it through warranty but they wanted a receipt that I lost.

I thought lumbar support was good, but it’s not adjustable so I can see how people don’t like it.
Dec 12, 2013
36 posts
24 upvotes
Cool thanks for letting me know. I'll probably skip this one then as I need something primarily for WFH.
Nov 10, 2005
209 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
This chair should be renamed because it's not the same as the USA version. It does not include an adjustable head rest (probably because of it's original faulty design) and the armrests vary from the USA model, they are angled inwards. Avoid watching USA based YouTube reviews because imo it's significantly different from the ones sold in Canada. I also found the seat to have an steep slope and the lumbar support difficult to get used to. The material can also gets warm within a few minutes. Leather or mesh is likely better.
Dec 27, 2008
27 posts
15 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Would recommend this chair, even for WFH. I've been using this as my primary chair during WFH since May (almost 8 months now).

Pros: It holds up for 8+ hours of sitting every day including both work and gaming. The seat and the back are very comfortable and don't leave me sore after 2 hours like my previous $200+ Staples chair. The chair itself has almost as many adjustable features as gaming chairs twice the price (minus a recline option which I would never use). Overall it's really well priced in the market. Looks professional enough to use for work. Haven't had any pieces fall apart yet.

Cons: I did buy a neck pillow off Amazon for extra support and personally I find the arms don't go as low as I would like but I adjusted my desk setup to account for that.
Apr 9, 2007
487 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
I picked up one of these last week for WFH. I find it quite comfy for long periods despite having no adjustable headrest.
I couldnt wait for a sale and figured i'd price adjust when the time came. Doesnt look on sale in the West yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1585 posts
1411 upvotes
Sold out in newmarket everyone was going nuts for these
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3445 posts
289 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Your best bet is to go sit on in the store for a while, (although be prepared to shoo away drooling kids who want to test drive it).

I have been using one since the last online sale. I find the base cushion shape a bit odd, but seems fine in extended use. I think it was designed for comfortable reclining, unlike an office chair. Likewise the lumbar is a bit gimmicky. I wish it was a bit thicker, or at least adjustable. The main issue I found is the armrests are too high even at the lowest setting. This is a major concern if you’re using it at a desk. They may interfere with keyboard and mouse use. I will likely be removing them.

Having said that, it’s solidly built and looks awesome. Overall an incredible value at that price point. I would otherwise be looking at a chair three times the price to get all the features I want.

:cool:
Nov 15, 2020
19 posts
12 upvotes
bigmackKFT wrote: Sold out in newmarket everyone was going nuts for these
What was the price? It was 179.99 on Dec 23rd
Feb 22, 2016
4 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
$149.99 at Costco Richmond Hill, but no inventory as of 5pm on Dec 26th
Nov 15, 2020
920 posts
1843 upvotes
blind56 wrote: I had one for 6 months, it’s definitely not a WFH chair, it’s more of a 2-3 hour gaming session type of chair. Eventually returned it because the hydraulic cylinder kept sinking overnight. Tried to get a hold of the manufacturer to replace it through warranty but they wanted a receipt that I lost.

I thought lumbar support was good, but it’s not adjustable so I can see how people don’t like it.
You could always just ask Costco for a copy of the receipt/purchase
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1681 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
aomous wrote: You could always just ask Costco for a copy of the receipt/purchase
Was easier to just return the whole thing to Costco lol.