15278 posts
11628 upvotes
Toronto

[Dairy Queen] DQ Buy one get one for $0.99 Blizzard event. March 19-28

BUY ONE
Blizzard®
Treat Get
One for 99¢*

Your favourite Blizzard® Treats like OREO®, Smarties®, and more are buy one get one for 99¢* this March 19th to the 28th. So stop reading this and get your two Blizzard ® Treats. Share one with a friend or keep both for yourself. You’re in charge!

*Includes any Blizzard® Treat of equal or lesser value.
*Available at participating Canadian locations for a limited
time only. Not available in the United States. Excludes taxes.
Rex, eat the salad.
25 replies
Jul 26, 2015
846 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
Normally, if you are signed up for emails, the offer is: Buy one Blizzard, get the second FREE
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
6782 posts
1729 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
meepsheep wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:21 am
Normally, if you are signed up for emails, the offer is: Buy one Blizzard, get the second FREE
Yeah, it seems as though they're testing the waters to change it completely to charging $1 instead of the BOGO deal. They used to send these coupons out periodically as well besides just birthday sign ups.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1454 posts
406 upvotes
BC
Variability wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:42 am
Yeah, it seems as though they're testing the waters to change it completely to charging $1 instead of the BOGO deal. They used to send these coupons out periodically as well besides just birthday sign ups.
And they're not even good for a full month. I don't know why they'd limit it, they lost at least two sales from me as a result. You'd think the closer to next payday, the more a person needs the coupon. They told me years ago they send 5 monthly's (winter months) and 1 birthday for 6 a year.

I wished my local DQ didn't suck so much. It has about 2 good workers (who have been there for years...) and the rest half ass it. The crappy workers, more than half the time, they make the frozen part before the hot food or the drink! Once, when I tried to politely explain to a girl that she should make the drink before the frozen dessert especially when hot food is ordered, and she gave me "F U eyes". No, "OK", or "good idea"... just cold look from her. Other girls have been less bitchy, but it happens way too often. This is common sense, no? The fact that this isn't part of their training blows my freakin' mind.

Only once have I gotten a proper Royal Blizzard with a decent center. She used the long spoon to make a well in the center, and then squeezed in the peanut butter sauce so it actually turned out how the commercials advertise. It was amazing and worth the premium coin. But most of the other workers don't bother making the well and just squeeze some of the sauce from the top, so there is 1-2" of center and some on top (making a mess on the side of the cup) instead of like 4+" center.. It's very disappointing to pay $7 and get one of these duds. If they made it properly, they'd get repeat business multiple times a week! It's their loss for being crappy.

I stopped calling them and telling them when they screwed up (forgetting something, putting in the wrong thing, etc). One time, the time going in after I called in the previous complaint of "no bacon on my bacon cheeseburger", the girl in the kitchen "whispered" to the manager asking if I was the bacon complainer from the day before and were laughing about it. I could hear everything they said and thought it was pretty rough how loud she was while thinking we couldn't hear her. Anyways, I got like 10 pieces of bacon on the next burger as their make-up gesture (which does not make it better, its not great bacon). Now, I just stop going for like 6 months or longer, usually until when somewhere else is closed and they are across the street and need something quick.

To their credit, one time I did complain directly to the owner about how nasty it was that they were microwaving the gravy in styro foam containers, causing the container to melt when the gravy boiled. Her first response was, "well, that's what head office gives us" and didn't seem to care. I said something to the effect of other places having a crock pot to heat the gravy throughout the day, and that head office will likely change when they get a class action lawsuit since there is no such thing as safe microwaveable styro foam. To my delight, the next time I came some weeks later, they had the crock pot and stopped microwaving the shit out of the gravy. This is again, 1990's common sense.

I don't remember fast food making so many errors as 20 years ago, and there should only be less mistakes due to automation and optimization. I don't get it. The kids just don't care anymore. Yes, I'm still bitter about not being hired at Subway 18 years ago so I could do a better job than the idiots that worked there at the time. I suspect they intentionally hire idiots with no future over college students thinking they'll have less turnover.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Apr 6, 2008
386 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Timbo420 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 9:07 pm
And they're not even good for a full month. I don't know why they'd limit it, they lost at least two sales from me as a result. You'd think the closer to next payday, the more a person needs the coupon. They told me years ago they send 5 monthly's (winter months) and 1 birthday for 6 a year.

I wished my local DQ didn't suck so much. It has about 2 good workers (who have been there for years...) and the rest half ass it. The crappy workers, more than half the time, they make the frozen part before the hot food or the drink! Once, when I tried to politely explain to a girl that she should make the drink before the frozen dessert especially when hot food is ordered, and she gave me "F U eyes". No, "OK", or "good idea"... just cold look from her. Other girls have been less bitchy, but it happens way too often. This is common sense, no? The fact that this isn't part of their training blows my freakin' mind.

Only once have I gotten a proper Royal Blizzard with a decent center. She used the long spoon to make a well in the center, and then squeezed in the peanut butter sauce so it actually turned out how the commercials advertise. It was amazing and worth the premium coin. But most of the other workers don't bother making the well and just squeeze some of the sauce from the top, so there is 1-2" of center and some on top (making a mess on the side of the cup) instead of like 4+" center.. It's very disappointing to pay $7 and get one of these duds. If they made it properly, they'd get repeat business multiple times a week! It's their loss for being crappy.

I stopped calling them and telling them when they screwed up (forgetting something, putting in the wrong thing, etc). One time, the time going in after I called in the previous complaint of "no bacon on my bacon cheeseburger", the girl in the kitchen "whispered" to the manager asking if I was the bacon complainer from the day before and were laughing about it. I could hear everything they said and thought it was pretty rough how loud she was while thinking we couldn't hear her. Anyways, I got like 10 pieces of bacon on the next burger as their make-up gesture (which does not make it better, its not great bacon). Now, I just stop going for like 6 months or longer, usually until when somewhere else is closed and they are across the street and need something quick.

To their credit, one time I did complain directly to the owner about how nasty it was that they were microwaving the gravy in styro foam containers, causing the container to melt when the gravy boiled. Her first response was, "well, that's what head office gives us" and didn't seem to care. I said something to the effect of other places having a crock pot to heat the gravy throughout the day, and that head office will likely change when they get a class action lawsuit since there is no such thing as safe microwaveable styro foam. To my delight, the next time I came some weeks later, they had the crock pot and stopped microwaving the shit out of the gravy. This is again, 1990's common sense.

I don't remember fast food making so many errors as 20 years ago, and there should only be less mistakes due to automation and optimization. I don't get it. The kids just don't care anymore. Yes, I'm still bitter about not being hired at Subway 18 years ago so I could do a better job than the idiots that worked there at the time. I suspect they intentionally hire idiots with no future over college students thinking they'll have less turnover.
You are very brave for helping them with your feedback. I'm too afraid of what they might do to my food to give any feedback at all. If I have a bad experience I simply go elsewhere.
Apr 11, 2009
178 posts
41 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote:

Really? Bud, don’t go to a fast food joint expecting a Michelin restaurant experience.

Thanks for posting the deal OP. Sorry that this thread is likely to become a train wreck.
May 1, 2011
462 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Timbo420 wrote:

The biggest bull with DQ is they have to mix their blizzards....it taste 100x better not mixed
Dec 27, 2007
947 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton
Timbo420 wrote:

Damn your pretty passionate about your Fast food eh...lol
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3504 posts
813 upvotes
Mississauga
How much is a blizzard?
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3504 posts
813 upvotes
Mississauga
dj_rice wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:25 pm
Damn your pretty passionate about your Fast food eh...lol
It's not fast food it's fan food.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Dec 25, 2017
174 posts
317 upvotes
Does this require any sort of coupon to take advantage of? Or I could just walk in and ask for the offer right?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3401 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered some chocolate brownie fudge type of Blizzard last week for take out - it's been a while since I had a Blizzard - and it was damn near inedible. There was a massive ball of super sweet fudge in the middle of it, taking up at least a 3rd of the cup and I was basically just forced to eat around it.

Any suggestions for a good chocolate Blizzard flavour that isn't super sweet?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Jul 13, 2015
96 posts
73 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
M1GOmigs wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:00 am
I ordered some chocolate brownie fudge type of Blizzard last week for take out - it's been a while since I had a Blizzard - and it was damn near inedible. There was a massive ball of super sweet fudge in the middle of it, taking up at least a 3rd of the cup and I was basically just forced to eat around it.

Any suggestions for a good chocolate Blizzard flavour that isn't super sweet?
i think you ordered a royal blizzed which has stuff in the middle. You can just order the regular blizzard. i would probably suggest....smarties blizzard. it has chocolate sauce mix with smarties which makes it look like chocolate ice cream.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1163 posts
173 upvotes
Wow, it's hard not to get side tracked after timbo420's post. I'm still thinking about the correlation between coupon expiry and pay day.
meepsheep wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 11:21 am
The BOGO email coupon is up to a free medium blizzard. The large is best value and this 99c promo seems to apply to all sizes. Whether one needs a large and 1000+ calories is another topic.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1454 posts
406 upvotes
BC
Meridian wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:40 am
Wow, it's hard not to get side tracked after timbo420's post. I'm still thinking about the correlation between coupon expiry and pay day.

The BOGO email coupon is up to a free medium blizzard. The large is best value and this 99c promo seems to apply to all sizes. Whether one needs a large and 1000+ calories is another topic.
Actually, ask about Jumbo size. In another town, they advertise Jumbo size. In my town, they don't advertise it or show it on the display, but when I asked, they have it.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling