Computers & Electronics

Dreamlink T1 Plus vs Dreamlink T2?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2018 6:10 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3700 posts
1265 upvotes
sacthegreat666 wrote: Were you using perfect player on shield? If so, the difference is huge! Basically the colour vibrancy is just too good!
On Amazon Fire TV 2.

Funny, I bought a Shield as well (havent opened it) since the Fire had issues with audio passthrough with Kodi.

If the BuzzTV XPL 3000 works out, I'll use that as my dedicated IPTV box, and use the Raspberry Pi 3 that I have lying around strictly for Kodi. Save some money versus going with the Shield which is a bit overkill.
May 9, 2006
894 posts
190 upvotes
Mississauga
rinse wrote: Interested in this as well - I just bought a BuzzTV XPL 3000 which is supposed to be comparable.

Delving into the stalker-side of IPTV to see if it's any better than M3U/web-based Perfect Player solution I've been using.
were you able to record live tv on USB with XPL 3000?
May 9, 2006
894 posts
190 upvotes
Mississauga
rinse wrote: On Amazon Fire TV 2.

Funny, I bought a Shield as well (havent opened it) since the Fire had issues with audio passthrough with Kodi.

If the BuzzTV XPL 3000 works out, I'll use that as my dedicated IPTV box, and use the Raspberry Pi 3 that I have lying around strictly for Kodi. Save some money versus going with the Shield which is a bit overkill.
why wouldn't you use buzztv for kodi as well?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3700 posts
1265 upvotes
djjungly wrote: why wouldn't you use buzztv for kodi as well?
I'm assuming that like my Amazon Fire TV 2, there will be issues with audio passthrough.

Will give it a shot though. I heard SPMC 17 actually addresses this for Shields and other android boxes, but not the Fire.
Nov 18, 2017
223 posts
87 upvotes
deepanMedia wrote: How would you rate this box? How much did you get it for? I know someone selling it for $110 for the DreamLink T2 or the Formuler box, is it worth it?
Bought off amazon

I got the z7+ due 2gb ram and 4k/hdr
I like it, haven't compared performance between this and over kodi yet for PQ but i guess all iptv services are different and so is PQ
The epg loads a bit slow, other than that i love it
Epg loading time may be a universal issue
The connection over wifi isn't great
The connection hardwired is.

Things that you may not like:
Slow epg (other boxes may also suffer)
Bad wifi connection

I got it cause it's the most advanced 4k HDR iptv receiver.
the z7+ model
dreamlink has less ram
z7+ has double (2G)
I'm satisfied.

*Edit
Epg is slow due to Vader service not box
Pause is currently not working
Favorites button has a bug
This is being worked on though
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
55 upvotes
DougMckenzie wrote: Bought off amazon

I got the z7+ due 2gb ram and 4k/hdr
I like it, haven't compared performance between this and over kodi yet for PQ but i guess all iptv services are different and so is PQ
The epg loads a bit slow, other than that i love it
Epg loading time may be a universal issue
The connection over wifi isn't great
The connection hardwired is.

Things that you may not like:
Slow epg (other boxes may also suffer)
Bad wifi connection

I got it cause it's the most advanced 4k HDR iptv receiver.
the z7+ model
dreamlink has less ram
z7+ has double (2G)
I'm satisfied.

*Edit
Epg is slow due to Vader service not box
Pause is currently not working
Favorites button has a bug
This is being worked on though
is Vaders VOD working now? I have tried Vaders for trial period but even though its ok on reliability it's VOD wasn't working and Voodoo had a lot more channel selection.

I will get the z7+ because Dreamlink boxes look outdated in terms of layout.

Thanks for the prompt review!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3700 posts
1265 upvotes
djjungly wrote: why wouldn't you use buzztv for kodi as well?
Just tried Kodi today - the buzz struggled with some of my higher quality mkv files. Not even 4k, just high bit-rate 1080p's were sluggish. Don't think anyone should expect this to be their do-it-all box, probably best suited to be pure IPTV.

The BuzzTV IPTV interface leaves a little to be desired though, it's a bit clunky. Although the picture quality through stalker middleware is quite improved over Perfect Player or Kodi.
Nov 18, 2017
223 posts
87 upvotes
deepanMedia wrote: is Vaders VOD working now? I have tried Vaders for trial period but even though its ok on reliability it's VOD wasn't working and Voodoo had a lot more channel selection.

I will get the z7+ because Dreamlink boxes look outdated in terms of layout.

Thanks for the prompt review!
No worries!
I believe VOD is down for a week (Twitter) due to server relocation. There’s also forums for formuler. Changing the guide to classic sped up the epg
[OP]
Nov 21, 2016
440 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see any delay with EPG on Formuler for Express.
And VOD works fine too - Pause, Fwd, etc
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
55 upvotes
Avatar wrote: How do they compare with Mi Box 3 which is on sale now at Amazon.
The Mi Box is an android native box, which has android as the base OS running and to get IPTV you need to add it as another app (IPTV Stalker/STBEmu/Kodi)

But with Dreamlink/Formuler/Buzz/Avov boxes you have Android (OE version from respective company) and IPTV (TVOnline or DreamOnline). So you don't need to switch between apps, instead you can press a button on your remote control to get IPTV/VOD or go to main screen for APP's. As well, you can install between 5 - 10 servers at once and interchange between the servers when ever you want.
Nov 18, 2017
223 posts
87 upvotes
There was an update for formuler and the z7+ epg loads fine now
Jun 16, 2008
315 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
Has anyone had problems with Netflix on the Formuler z7+?

Also how is the Formuler z7+ compared to the Mag 410?
Supplier of Tesla aftermarket accessories/installs.

Group Buys Organized:
Netflix UHD+4K
Prime Video
Spotify
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10054 posts
3538 upvotes
you guys happy with your T2? what iptv service are you using? looking for some recommendations
“...because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you'll have more time and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, is this necessary…” -Marcus Aurelius
Jun 16, 2008
315 posts
229 upvotes
Brampton
Not happy so far with the z7+ at all:
Netflix doesn't work well, constantly not loading episodes, even though continuous play is set it'll stop after every episode, sometimes it wont load one show but it'll load another fine, other times it'll stop mid way through for no reason.
Amazon prime video crashes for some reason.

Anyone having these issues?
Supplier of Tesla aftermarket accessories/installs.

Group Buys Organized:
Netflix UHD+4K
Prime Video
Spotify
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3700 posts
1265 upvotes
Gaggu P wrote: Not happy so far with the z7+ at all:
Netflix doesn't work well, constantly not loading episodes, even though continuous play is set it'll stop after every episode, sometimes it wont load one show but it'll load another fine, other times it'll stop mid way through for no reason.
Amazon prime video crashes for some reason.

Anyone having these issues?
I returned both the z7+ and the Buzz XPL 3000 that I was testing out.

As much as they tout the IPTV experience using their Stalker middleware apps (DOL and BuzzTV respectively), I didn't find that it delivered the Cable-like experience that some people were claiming. Outside of the core IPTV app, the box doesn't do anything else well enough to be your go-to box (eg Netflix, Amazon Prime, Kodi); definitely not worth the $130-$150 price tag IMO.

I read a lot of good things on reddit about these boxes but that place is littered with re-sellers so you never really know - I can now speak from my own personal experience, it's not for me.

I've gone back to my Amazon Fire TV 2 and Nvidia Shield, as I find Perfect Player does a more than adequate job.
Nov 29, 2016
132 posts
57 upvotes
Dreamlink t2 or z7+.. big difference or not 1gb vs 2gb..thanks
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10054 posts
3538 upvotes
rinse wrote: I returned both the z7+ and the Buzz XPL 3000 that I was testing out.

As much as they tout the IPTV experience using their Stalker middleware apps (DOL and BuzzTV respectively), I didn't find that it delivered the Cable-like experience that some people were claiming. Outside of the core IPTV app, the box doesn't do anything else well enough to be your go-to box (eg Netflix, Amazon Prime, Kodi); definitely not worth the $130-$150 price tag IMO.

I read a lot of good things on reddit about these boxes but that place is littered with re-sellers so you never really know - I can now speak from my own personal experience, it's not for me.

I've gone back to my Amazon Fire TV 2 and Nvidia Shield, as I find Perfect Player does a more than adequate job.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm trying to decide between a dreamlink T2, mag, Nvidia or a mi box. Interested in HD English channels. Also what IPTV service do you recommend?
“...because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you'll have more time and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, is this necessary…” -Marcus Aurelius
[OP]
Nov 21, 2016
440 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
I got a BuzzTV XPL 3000 also in addition to the Formuler Z7+ that I already had.
I was impressed with the BuzzTv for a day. The UI was different and good. (Not better than formuler. It was just different)
But later, I felt the channel changes were a little slow in BuzzTV. Also the EPG was a little slow to load in BuzzTv.
I had the same IPTV service on both the boxes. And this would take a good 1-2 seconds to change to next channel. But with Formuler, it was instantaneous. I will be returning the BuzzTV and ordering another Formuler now.

For any considering the Shield TV, I tried on this also using the STB Emulator app. It was very very similar, but the colour was slightly washed out in Shield. (Slightly - I mean really really slightly). Also the app was not allowing me to fastforward VOD. This prompted me to use a dedicated box instead.

lol... As I am replying in this thread, I am thinking why not use Shield TV itself for IPTV! I think I will experiment with Perfect Player and check once before going for one more Formuler!