Computers & Electronics

Dreamlink T1 Plus vs Dreamlink T2?

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2018 6:10 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
4411 posts
1952 upvotes
Parry Sound
sacthegreat666 wrote: I got a BuzzTV XPL 3000 also in addition to the Formuler Z7+ that I already had.
I was impressed with the BuzzTv for a day. The UI was different and good. (Not better than formuler. It was just different)
But later, I felt the channel changes were a little slow in BuzzTV. Also the EPG was a little slow to load in BuzzTv.
I had the same IPTV service on both the boxes. And this would take a good 1-2 seconds to change to next channel. But with Formuler, it was instantaneous. I will be returning the BuzzTV and ordering another Formuler now.

For any considering the Shield TV, I tried on this also using the STB Emulator app. It was very very similar, but the colour was slightly washed out in Shield. (Slightly - I mean really really slightly). Also the app was not allowing me to fastforward VOD. This prompted me to use a dedicated box instead.

lol... As I am replying in this thread, I am thinking why not use Shield TV itself for IPTV! I think I will experiment with Perfect Player and check once before going for one more Formuler!
I'm deciding between these two.

The buzz definitely has the better UI and nicer looking EPG. Was the channel changing noticeably slow or is it only because you have the z7+ right there to compare it?
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3619 posts
1908 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MayorOfToronto wrote: I'm deciding between these two.

The buzz definitely has the better UI and nicer looking EPG. Was the channel changing noticeably slow or is it only because you have the z7+ right there to compare it?
Hey I have a Buzz TV box and channel loading is fine, not slow at all. Only thing that is an issue is the Buzz IPTV app is crashing and reloads. There is a bug with this app, and hopefully MyGica can fix it with an update.

Otherwise, best hybrid box in the market.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Member
Nov 21, 2016
437 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote: I'm deciding between these two.

The buzz definitely has the better UI and nicer looking EPG. Was the channel changing noticeably slow or is it only because you have the z7+ right there to compare it?
For me, it was a good 1-2 second delay. But with formuler, it was less than a second. Finally decided to go with 2 formulers and using them now!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
4411 posts
1952 upvotes
Parry Sound
sacthegreat666 wrote: For me, it was a good 1-2 second delay. But with formuler, it was less than a second. Finally decided to go with 2 formulers and using them now!
Hmm...

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy both and return one after a week of testing.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Newbie
Jul 2, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
MayorOfToronto wrote: Hmm...

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy both and return one after a week of testing.

Hey Mayor,
Did you happen to try both devices and find a difference?

I currently have an nVidia Shield that I have kodi and stbemu on and I'm using Epic for my IPTV which has been great. I need to find another device for my second TV but I'm not sure what to go with and I don't want to buy another nvidia shield since it's too expensive for what I need.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
4411 posts
1952 upvotes
Parry Sound
sinykk wrote: Hey Mayor,
Did you happen to try both devices and find a difference?

I currently have an nVidia Shield that I have kodi and stbemu on and I'm using Epic for my IPTV which has been great. I need to find another device for my second TV but I'm not sure what to go with and I don't want to buy another nvidia shield since it's too expensive for what I need.


If your only concern is to use the IPTV feature then I'd suggest going for the Dreamlink T2 (alternative choice: Avov N).
If you want to use Kodi and other apps as well then go for the Formuler z7+ (alternative choice: BuzzTV XPL3000).

I got the Formuler for my main TV where I use a lot of Kodi and I got a T2 for my basement where I only watch live sports.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Newbie
Jul 2, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Thank you! One last question, where would a good place be to look for the T2?

Top