Dreamlink T1 Plus vs Dreamlink T2?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2018 6:10 pm
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
54 upvotes
Jan 25th, 2018 5:55 pm
How do they compare with Mi Box 3 which is on sale now at Amazon.
The Mi Box is an android native box, which has android as the base OS running and to get IPTV you need to add it as another app (IPTV Stalker/STBEmu/Kodi)

But with Dreamlink/Formuler/Buzz/Avov boxes you have Android (OE version from respective company) and IPTV (TVOnline or DreamOnline). So you don't need to switch between apps, instead you can press a button on your remote control to get IPTV/VOD or go to main screen for APP's. As well, you can install between 5 - 10 servers at once and interchange between the servers when ever you want.
Nov 18, 2017
214 posts
86 upvotes
There was an update for formuler and the z7+ epg loads fine now
Jun 16, 2008
260 posts
211 upvotes
Brampton
Has anyone had problems with Netflix on the Formuler z7+?

Also how is the Formuler z7+ compared to the Mag 410?
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
54 upvotes
DougMckenzie wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 4:33 am
There was an update for formuler and the z7+ epg loads fine now
Thanks for the info!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7985 posts
2298 upvotes
you guys happy with your T2? what iptv service are you using? looking for some recommendations
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Jun 16, 2008
260 posts
211 upvotes
Brampton
Not happy so far with the z7+ at all:
Netflix doesn't work well, constantly not loading episodes, even though continuous play is set it'll stop after every episode, sometimes it wont load one show but it'll load another fine, other times it'll stop mid way through for no reason.
Amazon prime video crashes for some reason.

Anyone having these issues?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3472 posts
1019 upvotes
Gaggu P wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 9:56 am
Not happy so far with the z7+ at all:
Netflix doesn't work well, constantly not loading episodes, even though continuous play is set it'll stop after every episode, sometimes it wont load one show but it'll load another fine, other times it'll stop mid way through for no reason.
Amazon prime video crashes for some reason.

Anyone having these issues?
I returned both the z7+ and the Buzz XPL 3000 that I was testing out.

As much as they tout the IPTV experience using their Stalker middleware apps (DOL and BuzzTV respectively), I didn't find that it delivered the Cable-like experience that some people were claiming. Outside of the core IPTV app, the box doesn't do anything else well enough to be your go-to box (eg Netflix, Amazon Prime, Kodi); definitely not worth the $130-$150 price tag IMO.

I read a lot of good things on reddit about these boxes but that place is littered with re-sellers so you never really know - I can now speak from my own personal experience, it's not for me.

I've gone back to my Amazon Fire TV 2 and Nvidia Shield, as I find Perfect Player does a more than adequate job.
Nov 29, 2016
120 posts
55 upvotes
Dreamlink t2 or z7+.. big difference or not 1gb vs 2gb..thanks
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7985 posts
2298 upvotes
rinse wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 10:33 am
I returned both the z7+ and the Buzz XPL 3000 that I was testing out.

As much as they tout the IPTV experience using their Stalker middleware apps (DOL and BuzzTV respectively), I didn't find that it delivered the Cable-like experience that some people were claiming. Outside of the core IPTV app, the box doesn't do anything else well enough to be your go-to box (eg Netflix, Amazon Prime, Kodi); definitely not worth the $130-$150 price tag IMO.

I read a lot of good things on reddit about these boxes but that place is littered with re-sellers so you never really know - I can now speak from my own personal experience, it's not for me.

I've gone back to my Amazon Fire TV 2 and Nvidia Shield, as I find Perfect Player does a more than adequate job.
Can you elaborate on this? I'm trying to decide between a dreamlink T2, mag, Nvidia or a mi box. Interested in HD English channels. Also what IPTV service do you recommend?
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
[OP]
Nov 21, 2016
380 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
I got a BuzzTV XPL 3000 also in addition to the Formuler Z7+ that I already had.
I was impressed with the BuzzTv for a day. The UI was different and good. (Not better than formuler. It was just different)
But later, I felt the channel changes were a little slow in BuzzTV. Also the EPG was a little slow to load in BuzzTv.
I had the same IPTV service on both the boxes. And this would take a good 1-2 seconds to change to next channel. But with Formuler, it was instantaneous. I will be returning the BuzzTV and ordering another Formuler now.

For any considering the Shield TV, I tried on this also using the STB Emulator app. It was very very similar, but the colour was slightly washed out in Shield. (Slightly - I mean really really slightly). Also the app was not allowing me to fastforward VOD. This prompted me to use a dedicated box instead.

lol... As I am replying in this thread, I am thinking why not use Shield TV itself for IPTV! I think I will experiment with Perfect Player and check once before going for one more Formuler!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3676 posts
1110 upvotes
Parry Sound
sacthegreat666 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 2:01 pm
I got a BuzzTV XPL 3000 also in addition to the Formuler Z7+ that I already had.
I was impressed with the BuzzTv for a day. The UI was different and good. (Not better than formuler. It was just different)
But later, I felt the channel changes were a little slow in BuzzTV. Also the EPG was a little slow to load in BuzzTv.
I had the same IPTV service on both the boxes. And this would take a good 1-2 seconds to change to next channel. But with Formuler, it was instantaneous. I will be returning the BuzzTV and ordering another Formuler now.

For any considering the Shield TV, I tried on this also using the STB Emulator app. It was very very similar, but the colour was slightly washed out in Shield. (Slightly - I mean really really slightly). Also the app was not allowing me to fastforward VOD. This prompted me to use a dedicated box instead.

lol... As I am replying in this thread, I am thinking why not use Shield TV itself for IPTV! I think I will experiment with Perfect Player and check once before going for one more Formuler!
I'm deciding between these two.

The buzz definitely has the better UI and nicer looking EPG. Was the channel changing noticeably slow or is it only because you have the z7+ right there to compare it?
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2772 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 3:42 am

The buzz definitely has the better UI and nicer looking EPG. Was the channel changing noticeably slow or is it only because you have the z7+ right there to compare it?
Hey I have a Buzz TV box and channel loading is fine, not slow at all. Only thing that is an issue is the Buzz IPTV app is crashing and reloads. There is a bug with this app, and hopefully MyGica can fix it with an update.

Otherwise, best hybrid box in the market.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
[OP]
Nov 21, 2016
380 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 3:42 am

For me, it was a good 1-2 second delay. But with formuler, it was less than a second. Finally decided to go with 2 formulers and using them now!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3676 posts
1110 upvotes
Parry Sound
sacthegreat666 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:18 am
For me, it was a good 1-2 second delay. But with formuler, it was less than a second. Finally decided to go with 2 formulers and using them now!
Hmm...

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy both and return one after a week of testing.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Jul 2, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:49 pm
Hmm...

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy both and return one after a week of testing.

Hey Mayor,
Did you happen to try both devices and find a difference?

I currently have an nVidia Shield that I have kodi and stbemu on and I'm using Epic for my IPTV which has been great. I need to find another device for my second TV but I'm not sure what to go with and I don't want to buy another nvidia shield since it's too expensive for what I need.