• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 1:42 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
287 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto

Dress Shirt for Shorter Guy

Does anybody have recommendations on where to buy dress shirts for shorter guys (ie. 5'7)? My husband has been buying regular shirts but the sleeves and length are ridiculously long for his stature. He's thinking of trying "Browns...the short man's world" but I read online that it's expensive. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1115 posts
570 upvotes
GTA
You can try Brooks Brothers. They sell shirts that come in specific lengths i.e. 31, 32, 33, 34 (as well as those that are labeled 31-32, 33-34, 35-36). I'm 5'7" and I find the ones that have sleeve length 31 a good fit for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2197 posts
812 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Or go the made to measure route. Costly but they will last and feel great.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10378 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
dpw198 wrote: You can try Brooks Brothers. They sell shirts that come in specific lengths i.e. 31, 32, 33, 34 (as well as those that are labeled 31-32, 33-34, 35-36). I'm 5'7" and I find the ones that have sleeve length 31 a good fit for me.
+1 on Brooks Brothers.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2937 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
pinkmanwhite wrote: Does anybody have recommendations on where to buy dress shirts for shorter guys (ie. 5'7)? My husband has been buying regular shirts but the sleeves and length are ridiculously long for his stature. He's thinking of trying "Browns...the short man's world" but I read online that it's expensive. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks!
im a short guy with a hard to fit body too.

take him to spier and mackay and get him the 3 custom dress shirts bundle.
i guarantee he will never ever go back to regular dress shirts.

itll be the best gift ever

also, allow me to take you out on a date for my solid advice
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
hdave wrote: im a short guy with a hard to fit body too.

take him to spier and mackay and get him the 3 custom dress shirts bundle.
i guarantee he will never ever go back to regular dress shirts.

itll be the best gift ever

also, allow me to take you out on a date for my solid advice
Savage
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
Even Costco Dress Shirts have different sizes, did OP tried those ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Nov 18, 2013
287 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
mebiuspower wrote: Go buy shirts from Asian shirt stores...
That's a great idea. Any recommendations? We're in Mississauga but not sure if you'd have to go down to China Town.

For anyone reading the thread, he went to Browns and the shirt he liked was $200....yikes!

Thanks everyone for the advice!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2937 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
pinkmanwhite wrote: That's a great idea. Any recommendations? We're in Mississauga but not sure if you'd have to go down to China Town.

For anyone reading the thread, he went to Browns and the shirt he liked was $200....yikes!

Thanks everyone for the advice!

i was nice enough to give you the best advice of this thread, and even offered to take you out.

spier and mackay is located in mississauga
it is one of the best places to get custom dress shirts PERIOD.
for under $100, he will get a good quality, perfectly fitting dress shirt, customized exactly how he wants it.
dont take my word for it, google it, check out reviews, check styleforum.

now since you made me repeat myself. you're gonna have to take me out for a coffee after trying this and realizing i was spot on.