• Jul 2nd, 2020 5:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3300 upvotes
Out west

Drilling a hole in a stone fence for eavestrough

So for the first time in owning a house, I have stone fence. But the issues i have is the lack of drainage and a flooded back area/flower garden because the drainage is only weeping through small joints, and normal ground drainage.

Whats its from is the one eavestrough extension that basically has all the water from the east side of my roof. And even though I have a long corrugated extension for it, any rain fall is doubled or more in my back yard due to all this water from the roof.

If the water could flow somewhere from this I wouldnt care, but since the rate that the water weeps out of the yard, I have a lot of standing water

Would drilling one wide hole in one stone for the eavestrough cause issues in the fence? If I can put it to the outside of my fence, it would just go down the side of the fence, and then down a slope and a hill and drain away normally. Since there is no houses behind me or alleys, it wouldnt cause any issues.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3324 posts
646 upvotes
North Etobicoke
Maybe you can cut it higher than the fence, put and elbow, direct it over the fence, down the side of the fence then throw it off with the corrugated piece. A picture will help others come up with better solutions
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3300 upvotes
Out west
Menthol wrote: Maybe you can cut it higher than the fence, put and elbow, direct it over the fence, down the side of the fence then throw it off with the corrugated piece. A picture will help others come up with better solutions
Ill take some tonight. I though that to, but then it would look like complete ass as well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)