• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 10:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2019
723 posts
1246 upvotes

DRIP discount

Does this group know which brokerages honour the DRIP discount that some companies offer (ie AQN at 5% right now)?

I’m most curious about Questrade and BMO InvestorLine, but would like to hear about experiences for all brokerages.
Last edited by reversi on Jul 31st, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Nov 17, 2016
205 posts
169 upvotes
I know BMO and TD both do. Have no idea about quest trade.
Dec 2, 2017
750 posts
863 upvotes
Questrade doesn't. Just asked them that exact question last week
[OP]
Dec 26, 2019
723 posts
1246 upvotes
Thanks. I just called BMO and they confirmed that they do apply the discount.

Next question: does anyone know of a good list online that maintains up to date information on companies offering DRIP discounts? I have found a couple online, but none of them seem to be up to date. For example, I don’t see any lists that reflect that BMO and TD added a discount this quarter.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2017
2562 posts
3641 upvotes
reversi wrote: Thanks. I just called BMO and they confirmed that they do apply the discount.

Next question: does anyone know of a good list online that maintains up to date information on companies offering DRIP discounts? I have found a couple online, but none of them seem to be up to date. For example, I don’t see any lists that reflect that BMO and TD added a discount this quarter.

Thanks
You could get this off the Canadian Dividend All star list, which has a column for the drip discount. This is going to cover Canadian stocks with a dividend raise streak and stocks that have raised their dividend in the past. You need to sign up to access to it but there isn't a cost. This is actually a pretty good resource for Canadian Dividend Growth Investing.

https://www.dividendgrowthinvestingandr ... star-list/
[OP]
Dec 26, 2019
723 posts
1246 upvotes
Thanks. I do receive this list monthly (and highly recommend it). With that being said, it is not 100% accurate. For example, both BMO and TD implemented DRIP programs this quarter.

The best list I have been able to find so far is on dripprimer (dot) ca. Still not 100% accurate, but close.