Driveway sealer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 6:53 pm
Feb 7, 2008
966 posts
358 upvotes
Okanagan

Driveway sealer

Can you recommend any driveway sealer. I'm looking for a clear one on concrete driveway.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
Hiac or Hiac Plus made by WR Meadows.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
I've always used the Black Knight airport grade from Canadian Tire. I've squgeed it on and it last about 5 years (even though it's rated for 3).

If you're going to squgeed it, you will end up using a lot as it will be seeping in all the cracks and holes. If you choose to roll it on you won't need to use as much. Always buy more than you need and return whatever you didn't open. It's not good to leave a partially finished driveway to go get more.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
Black Knight is an asphalt driveway sealer, not concrete.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9474 posts
2650 upvotes
The other poster is correct. Black Knight is for asphalt driveways only and not suitable for concrete. If you have an asphalt driveway, the Black Knight stuff would work really well.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Feb 7, 2008
966 posts
358 upvotes
Okanagan
where can I buy it?
mrweather wrote: Hiac or Hiac Plus made by WR Meadows.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
verby wrote: where can I buy it?
If your location (Okanagan) is correct...I have no idea.

Around here (Mississauga) I buy from Form and Build Supply.

WR Meadows’ website has a “contact us” page where you can ask for a local distributor for the product.