Automotive

Driving out of Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2013 2:10 am
[OP]
Apr 2, 2013
1 posts

Driving out of Ontario

i am going to be going on a roadtrip in the summer on my G2 ontario driving licence, i plan on going through quebec and other provinces many hours away. i was just wondering if there was anything i needed to know and if you are ok to drive through canada on an ontario driving licence, ontario plates and also ontario insurance.. any tips would be grateful. thank you
5 replies
Apr 22, 2009
647 posts
51 upvotes
Manitoulin
As long as you follow all of the G2 specific rules you will be good to go.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1397 posts
178 upvotes
Western Montreal
restoreDVD wrote: In QC you can't turn right on red light.
This is only on the island of Montreal... You are allowed anywhere else in QC unless signage posted prohibits it.
Sep 19, 2008
847 posts
748 upvotes
Calgary
if you are driving in quebec..pack a extra tire cause ur gonna need it with the pot holes
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2009
2077 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
ChaCha1234 wrote: i am going to be going on a roadtrip in the summer on my G2 ontario driving licence, i plan on going through quebec and other provinces many hours away. i was just wondering if there was anything i needed to know and if you are ok to drive through canada on an ontario driving licence, ontario plates and also ontario insurance.. any tips would be grateful. thank you
Ya you are fine to drive in all provinces with your car as long as you follow all the restrictions stated for your driving class.
cbr600 wrote: if you are driving in quebec..pack a extra tire cause ur gonna need it with the pot holes
LOL... maybe new suspension as well.. Your strut might get blown from the potholes... HAHA

Use a GPS in QC.... The roads there are confusing as f***