Tags:
None
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
The range and general quality might be crap. You could be flying one day and this thing will come falling out of the sky.
I paid ~$249 for a Parrot drone and I still feel it's mediocre compared to the Phantom drones.
As to where to get them, I got mine from Apple but many places such as Best Buy has them. Also many indie places can make you a drone to spec, but that's a little pricey.
Just a personal thought, I feel Parrot makes good starter drones; worth a try if you can get your hands on one as they do have cheaper options too.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
1213 posts
91 upvotes
Kitchener
I started with a hubsan x4 that I paid about $90 for from amazon. In my opinion it's a great starter and will teach you to fly. It's small but powerful enough to fly outside. It's also got tons of spare parts available cheaply if you crash it.

I just got my Blade 350 qx3 last week. It's a huge step up but I have yet to take it out of safe mode where the GPS protects it. Crashing it would be a whole lot more expensive than crashing my hubsan. The blade is on sale right now for $500 down from $640.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2251 posts
748 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tjayl wrote: I started with a hubsan x4 that I paid about $90 for from amazon. In my opinion it's a great starter and will teach you to fly. It's small but powerful enough to fly outside. It's also got tons of spare parts available cheaply if you crash it.

I just got my Blade 350 qx3 last week. It's a huge step up but I have yet to take it out of safe mode where the GPS protects it. Crashing it would be a whole lot more expensive than crashing my hubsan. The blade is on sale right now for $500 down from $640.
x2 on the hubsan x4. Arguably the best starter drone available. Powerful enough for outdoors is an understatement, in "pro" mode that thing can fly in a windstorm. Also, compared to other cheap drones (like the on in OP) hubsan feels like it's "on rails", super precise, responds to controls very well etc..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)