• Sep 28th, 2020 5:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto

Drone Recommendation

Any recommendations for a decent beginner drone that's good for aerial photography and which is available in Canada?

I posted in the Art/Photography forum, but have had no responses so far and thought I should post here as well.
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Bump. No one flying a drone for sport or recreation?
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1893 posts
610 upvotes
DT Calgary
Aren't the Chinese DJI's the go to? Been lots of rumbling they'll be banned, but I think you're good for now. I've only ever used the DJI Mavic Pro, but I hear their American competitor (Autel) has good ones too.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13047 posts
7120 upvotes
Toronto
I thought it was basically impossible to fly these legally anymore since the new license rules came into effect?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
FreshCo wrote: Aren't the Chinese DJI's the go to? Been lots of rumbling they'll be banned, but I think you're good for now. I've only ever used the DJI Mavic Pro, but I hear their American competitor (Autel) has good ones too.
The Autel's are hard to come by in Canada and are pricey compared to the DJIs. I was thinking of getting either a Mavic Mini or Mavic Air 2. The Mavic Pro's can be had at a discount compared to the Mavic 2 Pro and I'm considering that as well.

Are you happy with the Mavic Pro?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1649 posts
359 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Dji is the most expensive and by all mean the best, next is xiaomi or hubsan. They all passed the 4k and 5km rang kinda standard, but dji will show it's stance in most critical condition.
You will love the extreme beautiful clip up from air, if you love nature and photography. It is a perfect entertaining and very healthy hobby.
so sad that Canada somehow manage to have most restrictive drone law while it has most relaxed drug law, the contrast should tell you something.
<No political content in signatures>
Aug 14, 2011
292 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
go get a dji mavic mini.
you will pay a premium for the drone but the app support is better than rest
Real Estate Sales Agent
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1076 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
I've decided to get the Mini. Cheaper and no registration, although I don't mind registering as well.

With flyaways and crashes, I can see how these may pose a safety hazard.