Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Drop

25k Drop pts Coinsquare Signup No Min Funding, No Referrals in Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 5:34 pm
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon

25k Drop pts Coinsquare Signup No Min Funding, No Referrals in Thread

Price:
25k pts
Retailer:
Drop
Couldn't find this anywhere on RFD, and seems like a super easy $25 towards Amazon, Tim's or whatever gift card redemption suits you best. This thread is about a crypto exchange, but you don't have to fund it to get your $25 in Drop pts.

Note that no referral soliciting in thread, else find your posts deleted. That said, I will outline referral incentives in this thread, meaning some signups get a better deal using a referral. Also note that mods can see who downvotes threads. I'd appreciate downvoters giving feedback in thread on what they don't like about the deal or the thread, so we can post better content. Downvoting only does not make RFD better.

1. if you haven't signed up for drop, there is a referral incentive, but it's worth $1 or $5. Optionally link bank accounts and credit cards. Afaik for the app to work, it's important to link at least one, so if you don't trust Drop, link a seldom used account. Many of us at RFD have signed up with Drop and have not encountered any of our accounts compromised
  2. In Drop, go to Coinsquare offer. 25k pts is worth $25. Have Drop email you the link. No minimum funding to get this portion.
  3. Sign up with Coinsquare. No 2FA at first (can set it up on desktop browsing), also you can setup FPS login on smartphone app. I did signup in web browser and grabbed the app after signup. OPTIONAL: use referral to get $10 in BTC once you fund the account, and referrer gets up to 45% commission on referee's fees. That said, if you plan on using Coinsquare to buy Crypto with CAD, the $10 in BTC doesn't hurt. Account verification is email + sms validation. They might ask you to upload ID card and utility bill, but I was not asked for the ID & utility bill
  4. Funding Coinsquare can be done through a few ways. No PAD pulls obviously since this is Canada. Can fund via e-transfer, bank wire, fund crypto from an external wallet/exchange, OR (here's the magic) with Flexepin in amounts of $20-500. You can buy Flexepin vouchers at Gas+ gas bars. This is an annoyance for those in Vancouver area, since I think you guys don't have Gas+ gas bars (sorry guys). For the rest of us, enjoy buying these vouchers with credit cards with gas bar accelerators (there I said it). Warning: Coinsquare will automatically convert Flexepin funded money into BTC, so you can't pull a quicky and deposit CAD back to bank account without looping through BTC. It works if you were going to buy crypto and are ok with Coinsquare's fees anyway, right?

There you have it, an unusually interesting offer. If nothing else, worth the $25 in gift card pts, even without funding Coinsquare.

Other honourable offers
  • EQ 100k pts on drop offer seems to be there. We probably all have EQ by now, but $100 in Drop pts for a keeper savings account is nice
  • Abra crypto exchange is extremely Canadian friendly for those who do "cross-border". Do SMS validation with a US number (Gvoice), link to TD Bank (US) checking account (no need for SSN or ITIN). No address or ID verification. Fund via ACH (PAD pull). Referral gets you $25 USD. This is a small exchange (unlike Coinbase, Gemini, etc.) but fees are most likely much lower than Canadian based exchanges
  • Another Canadian exchange offer is ShakePay. Fund via e-transfer. Buy crypto at 0.75% conversion fee. ShakePay works with Authy now. Refer and earn $10 when referee buys $100+ in crypto
  • Another crypto exchange signup bonus would be Blockchain. Upon ID verification, they give 416 XLM. Not sure whether that amount is fixed in XLM, or an amount pegged to USD ($48 USD). Can get started without verification, but it's the verification that gives the bonus. Blockchain cannot be funded or payout to bank account, so can only transfer crypto (BTC) to and from other exchanges
Last edited by titaniumtux on May 9th, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
91 replies
Nov 3, 2013
155 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Couldn't find this anywhere on RFD, and seems like a super easy $25 towards Amazon, Tim's or whatever gift card redemption suits you best. This thread is about a crypto exchange, but you don't have to fund it to get your $25 in Drop pts.

Note that no referral soliciting in thread, else find your posts deleted. That's all I ask. That said, I will outline referral incentives in this thread, meaning some signups get a better deal using a referral.
  1. if you haven't signed up for drop, there is a referral incentive, but it's worth $1 or $5. Optionally link bank accounts and credit cards. Afaik for the app to work, it's important to link at least one, so if you don't trust Drop, link a seldom used account. Many of us at RFD have signed up with Drop and have not encountered any of our accounts compromised
  2. In Drop, go to Coinsquare offer. 25k pts is worth $25. Have Drop email you the link. No minimum funding to get this portion.
  3. Sign up with Coinsquare. No 2FA, but you can setup FPS login on smartphone app. I did signup in web browser and grabbed the app after signup. OPTIONAL: use referral to get $10 in BTC once you fund the account, and referrer gets up to 45% commission on referee's fees. That said, if you plan on using Coinsquare to buy Crypto with CAD, the $10 in BTC doesn't hurt. Account verification is email + sms validation. They might ask you to upload ID card and utility bill, but I was not asked for the ID & utility bill
  4. Funding Coinsquare can be done through a few ways. No PAD pulls obviously since this is Canada. Can fund via e-transfer, bank wire, fund crypto from an external wallet/exchange, OR (here's the magic) with Flexepin in amounts of $20-500. You can buy Flexepin vouchers at Gas+ gas bars. This is an annoyance for those in Vancouver area, since I think you guys don't have Gas+ gas bars (sorry guys). For the rest of us, enjoy buying these vouchers with credit cards with gas bar accelerators (there I said it). Warning: Coinsquare will automatically convert Flexepin funded money into BTC, so you can't pull a quicky and deposit CAD back to bank account without looping through BTC. It works if you were going to buy crypto and are ok with Coinsquare's fees anyway, right?

There you have it, an unusually interesting offer. If nothing else, worth the $25 in gift card pts, even without funding Coinsquare.

Other honourable offers
  • EQ 100k pts on drop offer seems to be there. We probably all have EQ by now, but $100 in Drop pts for a keeper savings account is nice
  • Abra crypto exchange is extremely Canadian friendly for those who do "cross-border". Do SMS validation with a US number (Gvoice), link to TD Bank (US) checking account (no need for SSN or ITIN). No address or ID verification. Fund via ACH (PAD pull). Referral gets you $25 USD. This is a small exchange (unlike Coinbase, Gemini, etc.) but fees are most likely much lower than Canadian based exchanges
  • Another Canadian exchange offer is ShakePay. Fund via e-transfer. Buy crypto at 0.75% conversion fee. ShakePay works with Authy now. Refer and earn $10 when referee buys $100+ in crypto
Fantastic find! Thanks. signed up and verified with ease. Hope the points come in soon :D
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1489 posts
2560 upvotes
Saint John
What's the Terms & conditions?
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
When register the coinsquare, do we need a referral code? Any benefit with it?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
tailetong wrote: When register the coinsquare, do we need a referral code? Any benefit with it?
Explained in OP. A referral gets you $10 in BTC upon funding, but not necessary for the 25k Drop pts.

If you're only in it for the Drop pts, it doesn't matter.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: Explained in OP. A referral gets you $10 in BTC upon funding, but not necessary for the 25k Drop pts.

If you're only in it for the Drop pts, it doesn't matter.
I thought you means the referral code when funding the account, not during sign-up.

Thanks~
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
tailetong wrote: I thought you means the referral code when funding the account, not during sign-up.

Thanks~
You'd input the referral code when signing up. It won't do anything unless you fund it. You would get the Drop pts with or without the referral.
Aug 28, 2018
89 posts
94 upvotes
I was asked to for a government ID bank statement. Will I get the drop points without doing this?
Aug 28, 2018
89 posts
94 upvotes
dnavia wrote: Fantastic find! Thanks. signed up and verified with ease. Hope the points come in soon :D
Were you asked for a government ID?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1736 posts
8092 upvotes
Essentially, this is a matter of giving up some personal data in exchange for $25. You have to decide if that's worth it.

For me, it's a no. But thanks for sharing, OP.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Thecoolguy wrote: I was asked to for a government ID bank statement. Will I get the drop points without doing this?
Thecoolguy wrote: Were you asked for a government ID?
I was not asked for ID from Coinsquare, but I did provide ID to other exchanges (Blockchain, ShakePay, etc.). You probably have to provide ID if requested to get the 25k Drop pts, though we lack the DP's on that for now.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
never got the verification email from coinsquare, says account invalid when trying to login
Nov 3, 2013
155 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Thecoolguy wrote: Were you asked for a government ID?
Nope. Just filled in my address and such and hit submit and it said I was verified and I was able to log in and start a deposit (I opted not to for now)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
rocking23nf wrote: never got the verification email from coinsquare, says account invalid when trying to login
Very strange. I know login is with user name and not with email address. Perhaps try creating an account from scratch again?
dnavia wrote: Nope. Just filled in my address and such and hit submit and it said I was verified and I was able to log in and start a deposit (I opted not to for now)
Same here. Seems to be YMMV.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
1280 posts
2651 upvotes
Seemed pretty simple and straight forward
I registered through the link in the Drop app, verified by phone text confirmation and got to the funding page of coinsquare after filling in my address etc. Am I all good to receive the points now?

Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Strange, we're seeing positive posts in the thread, yet still getting downvotes. I haven't seen a single post in thread from the downvoters.

Enforcer22 wrote: Seemed pretty simple and straight forward
I registered through the link in the Drop app, verified by phone text confirmation and got to the funding page of coinsquare after filling in my address etc. Am I all good to receive the points now?

Thanks OP!
Afaik yes.
srbhgarg wrote: I was just looking for where to sign up and look at all the google search results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Drop+pt ... e&ie=UTF-8
Grab drop app and sign up on drop first.

Link to drop website.
Aug 28, 2018
89 posts
94 upvotes
Do I half to use the same email as drop on coin square to get the drop points?
Jan 24, 2016
257 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not sure you wanna trust a CND exchange after what's happened before but if anyone wants to chime in with their Coinsquare exp feel free