25k Drop pts Coinsquare Signup No Min Funding, No Referrals in Thread
- 25k pts
Note that no referral soliciting in thread, else find your posts deleted. That said, I will outline referral incentives in this thread, meaning some signups get a better deal using a referral. Also note that mods can see who downvotes threads. I'd appreciate downvoters giving feedback in thread on what they don't like about the deal or the thread, so we can post better content. Downvoting only does not make RFD better.
- if you haven't signed up for drop, there is a referral incentive, but it's worth $1 or $5. Optionally link bank accounts and credit cards. Afaik for the app to work, it's important to link at least one, so if you don't trust Drop, link a seldom used account. Many of us at RFD have signed up with Drop and have not encountered any of our accounts compromised
- In Drop, go to Coinsquare offer. 25k pts is worth $25. Have Drop email you the link. No minimum funding to get this portion.
- Sign up with Coinsquare. No 2FA at first (can set it up on desktop browsing), also you can setup FPS login on smartphone app. I did signup in web browser and grabbed the app after signup. OPTIONAL: use referral to get $10 in BTC once you fund the account, and referrer gets up to 45% commission on referee's fees. That said, if you plan on using Coinsquare to buy Crypto with CAD, the $10 in BTC doesn't hurt. Account verification is email + sms validation. They might ask you to upload ID card and utility bill, but I was not asked for the ID & utility bill
- Funding Coinsquare can be done through a few ways. No PAD pulls obviously since this is Canada. Can fund via e-transfer, bank wire, fund crypto from an external wallet/exchange, OR (here's the magic) with Flexepin in amounts of $20-500. You can buy Flexepin vouchers at Gas+ gas bars. This is an annoyance for those in Vancouver area, since I think you guys don't have Gas+ gas bars (sorry guys). For the rest of us, enjoy buying these vouchers with credit cards with gas bar accelerators (there I said it). Warning: Coinsquare will automatically convert Flexepin funded money into BTC, so you can't pull a quicky and deposit CAD back to bank account without looping through BTC. It works if you were going to buy crypto and are ok with Coinsquare's fees anyway, right?
There you have it, an unusually interesting offer. If nothing else, worth the $25 in gift card pts, even without funding Coinsquare.
Other honourable offers
- EQ 100k pts on drop offer seems to be there. We probably all have EQ by now, but $100 in Drop pts for a keeper savings account is nice
- Abra crypto exchange is extremely Canadian friendly for those who do "cross-border". Do SMS validation with a US number (Gvoice), link to TD Bank (US) checking account (no need for SSN or ITIN). No address or ID verification. Fund via ACH (PAD pull). Referral gets you $25 USD. This is a small exchange (unlike Coinbase, Gemini, etc.) but fees are most likely much lower than Canadian based exchanges
- Another Canadian exchange offer is ShakePay. Fund via e-transfer. Buy crypto at 0.75% conversion fee. ShakePay works with Authy now. Refer and earn $10 when referee buys $100+ in crypto
- Another crypto exchange signup bonus would be Blockchain. Upon ID verification, they give 416 XLM. Not sure whether that amount is fixed in XLM, or an amount pegged to USD ($48 USD). Can get started without verification, but it's the verification that gives the bonus. Blockchain cannot be funded or payout to bank account, so can only transfer crypto (BTC) to and from other exchanges