Expired Hot Deals

[Drop] 25k Drop pts Coinsquare Signup No Min Funding, No Referrals in Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 5:34 pm
Jul 21, 2005
125 posts
71 upvotes
signed up for this drop offer a week or 2 ago still waiting on points. it use to be 50k drop points but you had to fund the account.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
RyLeX wrote: signed up for this drop offer a week or 2 ago still waiting on points. it use to be 50k drop points but you had to fund the account.
Well then, I think current offer is better IMO. But if you were going to fund it anyway, the 50k pts is better.
No solicitation in sigs
Aug 22, 2012
178 posts
158 upvotes
FWIW I got a confirmation notification from Drop within 2 hours of completing verification with coinsquare and the points show as pending so that's good. I had no issue with the 100k EQ bank points either and use it as my main savings account now. Thanks again for posting OP, don't mind the downvoters
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
Enforcer22 wrote: FWIW I got a confirmation notification from Drop within 2 hours of completing verification with coinsquare and the points show as pending so that's good. I had no issue with the 100k EQ bank points either and use it as my main savings account now. Thanks again for posting OP, don't mind the downvoters
Thank you @Enforcer22. I don't post in Hot Deals often so it's hard to bite the downvotes after putting some effort into the thread. The 100k pts for EQ seems to be on now. That is indeed the promo I jumped on to sign up for EQ a while back. No dice on churning EQ though.
No solicitation in sigs
Sep 12, 2012
762 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote: I was not asked for ID from Coinsquare, but I did provide ID to other exchanges (Blockchain, ShakePay, etc.). You probably have to provide ID if requested to get the 25k Drop pts, though we lack the DP's on that for now.
FYI - Blockchain is also giving $50 in Steller if you sign into your account and verify your information by providing ID. If you have already provided ID prior, you just need to login to get your Steller.

https://www.blockchain.com/getcrypto

I would've posted it as a Hot Deal but I know it would get a ton of downvotes because you need to provide ID.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
hamandcheese wrote: FYI - Blockchain is also giving $50 in Steller if you sign into your account and verify your information by providing ID. If you have already provided ID prior, you just need to login to get your Steller.

https://www.blockchain.com/getcrypto

I would've posted it as a Hot Deal but I know it would get a ton of downvotes because you need to provide ID.
+1

Btw, I did mention Blockchain in OP. Wasn't sure that it was $50, but that makes sense.
No solicitation in sigs
Jun 27, 2017
495 posts
679 upvotes
GTA
How can I link Stack with Drop? Might have to try this one. And that EQ offer requires buying GIC, is that right?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
Bratcoin wrote: How can I link Stack with Drop? Might have to try this one. And that EQ offer requires buying GIC, is that right?
  1. afaik you can't. We were discussing "stacking" offers, as in double dipping. Don't think any prepaid card will link to Drop, PayMi and the likes
  2. You're right. EQ drop offer does require a GIC from what I see
No solicitation in sigs
Sep 2, 2016
644 posts
345 upvotes
Asking me for government id, utility bill or bank statement
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
Dmbpjfan wrote: Asking me for government id, utility bill or bank statement
Only one of the three? Gee, throw 'em a bank statement of an account you seldom use and get your 25k drop pts Smiling Face With Sunglasses else you can snap a utility bill. Not like they can do anything with that.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1702 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
I didn't need to give them a copy of anything. But I do remember a disclaimer saying to allow them to use a 3rd party to verify information. Only info I gave was name, phone and address. Got the points pending after a day
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
11528 posts
4649 upvotes
2. In Drop, go to Coinsquare offer. 25k pts is worth $25. Have Drop email you the link. No minimum funding to get this portion.
So ... Opened Drop ... got it to email me web link ...

Clicked on link in email .. opened up account and verified it ...

Is that it? ... don't really want to do anything else ... just want to receive promo points from Drop.
Feb 7, 2008
464 posts
230 upvotes
St Catharines
new DROP user - is there a way to set this to Canadian offers? I don't see Coinsquare and everything is US merchants - no obvious option to do so in settings.
Thanks.

Edit: Re. Drop, I have linked my bank (Tangerine), verified a phone number and my email account, and as far as I can tell, this offer is not available for new Drop users. I'm not sure what the restriction is, but as it is Coinsquare does not show up for me (nor can I find it in search, or any of the other BTC mentioned in the OP). It's quite possible I missed something dumb/obvious and I'll update if I can figure it out.

Edit2: Emailed support and they switched my location to Canada - for any new users experiencing this problem, contact them through the in-app support!
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13476 posts
10900 upvotes
Leask
mgrimace wrote: new DROP user - is there a way to set this to Canadian offers? I don't see Coinsquare and everything is US merchants - no obvious option to do so in settings.
Thanks.

Edit: Re. Drop, I have linked my bank (Tangerine), verified a phone number and my email account, and as far as I can tell, this offer is not available for new Drop users. I'm not sure what the restriction is, but as it is Coinsquare does not show up for me (nor can I find it in search, or any of the other BTC mentioned in the OP). It's quite possible I missed something dumb/obvious and I'll update if I can figure it out.

Edit2: Emailed support and they switched my location to Canada - for any new users experiencing this problem, contact them through the in-app support!
Strange. I have two drop accounts...one for Canada, one for US. Were you using VPN or HomeDepot Wifi when you signed up?
No solicitation in sigs
Feb 7, 2008
464 posts
230 upvotes
St Catharines
titaniumtux wrote: Strange. I have two drop accounts...one for Canada, one for US. Were you using VPN or HomeDepot Wifi when you signed up?
Nothing unusual, my home wifi, I just found the app in the App Store (iPhone), installed from there. They were able to change it quickly (via in-app support email) and I left my post up in case anyone else runs into the same issue - I actually just got a confirmation message that my Coinsquare points are pending or on their way or something like that so it appears to be resolved just fine!
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix