Jun 27, 2018
141 posts
363 upvotes

Drop cashback : 7.5% on Apple

Savings:
7.5%
Expiry:
July 15, 2020
I got a lot of criticism last time for posting a Drop cashback deal, because some have had bad experiences.
Having had multiple good experiences with Drop myself, I think this is worth sharing, especially when combined with the Back to School promotion.

Get 7.5% cashback on Apple, which can be redeemed for gift cards in $25 increments, including Amazon.
Expires July 15th.
They say it may take 80 days to award the points (so after the return window closes).

Fine print
Points are issued by Drop, not Apple. Products not eligible for points are Mac Pro, gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale. Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 13th, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed "Apple" from retailer field
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2213 posts
1781 upvotes
Drop and Paytm have both been nothing short of scams. I used drop and for the smaller purchases they generally rewards with points but when it came to larger deals where there was an “80 day waiting period”, it almost never happened. Guess they thought the customer would forget or would have some kind stupid excuse. I would rather not give any referral credits and my data to these guys in exchange for broken promises. No thanks
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47757 posts
8470 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sks8100 wrote: Drop and Paytm have both been nothing short of scams. I used drop and for the smaller purchases they generally rewards with points but when it came to larger deals where there was an “80 day waiting period”, it almost never happened. Guess they thought the customer would forget or would have some kind stupid excuse. I would rather not give any referral credits and my data to these guys in exchange for broken promises. No thanks
YMMV. I've got every single Drop offer so far, but sometimes you do have to follow up.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2018
141 posts
363 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: YMMV. I've got every single Drop offer so far, but sometimes you do have to follow up.
Same here, which is why I thought it was worth sharing.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2415 posts
3185 upvotes
Don’t risk it. Rather use ebates/ rakuten. Even Checkout 51 is more reliable
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2566 posts
1352 upvotes
Toronto
sks8100 wrote: Drop and Paytm have both been nothing short of scams. I used drop and for the smaller purchases they generally rewards with points but when it came to larger deals where there was an “80 day waiting period”, it almost never happened. Guess they thought the customer would forget or would have some kind stupid excuse. I would rather not give any referral credits and my data to these guys in exchange for broken promises. No thanks
And not sure if they have changed their practices but I've been told before to reach out to the company (not drop) as drop is just a marketplace for rewards.... 🤷🏽. I stopped using it after that. Just not worth the hassle.
Dec 3, 2019
6 posts
6 upvotes
For what it's worth, I've been using Drop for a couple of years now and haven't had an issue with them. Even bought an iPad pro + Pencil last year and got about $200 back that I cashed out as Amazon credit.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2213 posts
1781 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: YMMV. I've got every single Drop offer so far, but sometimes you do have to follow up.
I have about 3 outstanding offers totally 50k+ points and never saw a point. Furthermore as a customer
I shouldn’t have to chase anybody. Like I said my data and privacy are worth more than few bucks I’d make off of them

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)