Expired Hot Deals

Drop.com

Drop x JVC HA-FDX1 IEMs/Earbuds - $154 + 15 shipping USD!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 1:39 am
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
35 posts
89 upvotes

Drop x JVC HA-FDX1 IEMs/Earbuds - $154 + 15 shipping USD!

Deal Link:
Price:
169 USD
Retailer:
Drop.com
The highest rated sub $300 USD IEMs on Crinacle. Originally released at $280 USD now down to $154 USD + $15 shipping for us Canadians.

UPDATE: I ordered this on the 12th, it arrived on the 23rd, no duties/taxes.

NEW COUPON - SAVE21, brings the price down to $154 + $15 shipping!

Audio Review

Unboxing Review

Last edited by HandleyX92208 on Aug 25th, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
63 replies
Nov 8, 2013
600 posts
437 upvotes
really wish these guys would just open up a warehouse/distribution center in Canada and CAD pricing. Been following them since their massdrop days. I've been hit with duties when ordering from them before. I think I paid a total of $50 CAD just for shipping + duties last time I ordered from them.
Nov 24, 2020
655 posts
1528 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was about to buy them when they were $250 last winter but decided to buy a cheaper ones instead.
Now I pulled the trigger. Signed up with a new email address - got $10 OFF coupon immediately which was applied to my order at checkout and voila, $ 180 USD all in. Plus custom fee I guess :( Oh, my wallet :))
Images
  • 666.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2665 posts
1135 upvotes
Calgary
GNKRFD wrote: really wish these guys would just open up a warehouse/distribution center in Canada and CAD pricing. Been following them since their massdrop days. I've been hit with duties when ordering from them before. I think I paid a total of $50 CAD just for shipping + duties last time I ordered from them.
They do sell some of their items on Amazon.ca
Feb 1, 2017
483 posts
821 upvotes
Really curious how wired IEMs still have much value anymore, do some people legit prefer them over closed/open headphones? It's not like phones have headphone jacks anymore, and heck some laptops are cutting them. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio, but I'd rather just keep my Sony wf-1000's and get noise-canceling for outside, and use a good over-ear for inside.
Oct 12, 2020
15 posts
6 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: Really curious how wired IEMs still have much value anymore, do some people legit prefer them over closed/open headphones? It's not like phones have headphone jacks anymore, and heck some laptops are cutting them. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio, but I'd rather just keep my Sony wf-1000's and get noise-canceling for outside, and use a good over-ear for inside.
s10 going strong for me so I prefer using wired iems for the sound quality and reliability. For indoors I switch between open back headphones and iems, hair gets messed up when using over ears and when using them for long hours the clamping pressure can get uncomfortable.

Also listening to music in bed is nearly impossible with over ears, still plenty of use cases for a nice wired iem.
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
35 posts
89 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: Really curious how wired IEMs still have much value anymore, do some people legit prefer them over closed/open headphones? It's not like phones have headphone jacks anymore, and heck some laptops are cutting them. Don't get me wrong, I love good audio, but I'd rather just keep my Sony wf-1000's and get noise-canceling for outside, and use a good over-ear for inside.
There are various Bluetooth adapters for IEM using mmcx or 2 pin cables. Personally I've been using the Tin Audio T2 IEM with Fiio UTWS3 Bluetooth adapter. The Fiio UTWS3 comes with a magnetic charging case with deep enough pockets to store the adapters with the IEM attached. The Fiio also has built in dedicated amplifier chip to support hard to drive IEMs. Shure, fostex, TRN, iBasso are some other brands with Bluetooth adapters. The Fiio adapter can be bought for $110 at electronicsforless.

As for headphones, I prefer not to have a ridge in my hair from the headphone band, and iem are easier to carry around.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: Really curious how wired IEMs still have much value anymore, do some people legit prefer them over closed/open headphones?
Wired IEMs are usually a much better value than their wired/ over ear counterparts.
You can get really good in ears for under $100, but comparable over ears will cost you much more.
Jul 23, 2012
513 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal
GNKRFD wrote: really wish these guys would just open up a warehouse/distribution center in Canada and CAD pricing. Been following them since their massdrop days. I've been hit with duties when ordering from them before. I think I paid a total of $50 CAD just for shipping + duties last time I ordered from them.
$50 is quite a bit. For these earbuds I'm seeing a shipping cost of $15 which is fair. Doesn't say who's the courier, but if it's not coming through Canadapost (brokerage fee is $10), one can always self-declare if you're relatively close to a CBSA office. Done it before, it's quite simple, you bring in the commercial forms, pay the taxes and whatever else there is, then you send the B15 back to the courier which you receive from the cbsa officer. Some one on redflagdeals has explained it but I couldn't find it again, however someone on reddit has given their experience on it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanc ... rage_fees/

One thing I will add, when the courier sends you the documents to bring to CBSA, read it and make sure the name, address, and the items match along with the tracking number if there's one. On two different occasions UPS have sent me someone elses documents and quite by chance both times have been the same person! Same first name but last names are completely different so not sure how the mistake is being made.
Mar 20, 2004
386 posts
8 upvotes
I use the Fiio BTR5 with my wired IEMs as I prefer the portability when taking public transit and it also doubles as a USB DAC for my home setup if I'm listening to high quality music files. Since there's still a lot of quality/high-end IEMs out there, using these bluetooth adapters and connecting them to headphone jack-less smartphones makes it easier to enjoy good audio on the go.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8659 posts
8265 upvotes
Or there are people who despise Bluetooth anything. It's unreliable and cuts off at random all the time, it uses a lossy codec for transmission, and Bluetooth airbuds and earphones have mostly soldered batteries that you can't replace, the only option being to buy a new pair. In other words it is deliberate planned obsolescence.

I have no desire to use that garbage when wires are reliable 100% of the times with no drained battery.

No wonder the industry is going all in on this and headphone jacks are being eliminated. It forces you to change your pair every few years.

Fortunately you can buy a tiny high quality dongle with a quality DAC on AliExpress. I recommend the iBasso DC03 which costs about $50 USD.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1495 posts
1090 upvotes
Montreal
HandleyX92208 wrote: There are various Bluetooth adapters for IEM using mmcx or 2 pin cables. Personally I've been using the Tin Audio T2 IEM with Fiio UTWS3 Bluetooth adapter. The Fiio UTWS3 comes with a magnetic charging case with deep enough pockets to store the adapters with the IEM attached. The Fiio also has built in dedicated amplifier chip to support hard to drive IEMs. Shure, fostex, TRN, iBasso are some other brands with Bluetooth adapters. The Fiio adapter can be bought for $110 at electronicsforless.

As for headphones, I prefer not to have a ridge in my hair from the headphone band, and iem are easier to carry around.
I bought the t2 and feel like there's no bass at all, even with the vent mod. I don't use them at all ever. Go with my moondrop aria and hyby beans. I was really disappointed because the t2 were so hyped.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1495 posts
1090 upvotes
Montreal
I have zero issues with Bluetooth. Actually my phone makes a weird sound, like a click, when I listen wired.
Nov 24, 2020
655 posts
1528 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Post impressions when you receive the pair guys. I swear to you they are very good. You won't regret. Within this price range, there's really nothing that compares.
My pair was shipped today. So excited to receive them soon...

I have Blon BL-03, TFZ T2 Galaxy IEMs and third pair will be JVC ;)
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
35 posts
89 upvotes
New promo code on drop.com SAVE21 brings the total to $154 + $15 USD shipping. Seems to be a SUPER HOT price if the IEMs live up to its rating!
Dec 4, 2012
73 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know how they fair against Buds+?
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
35 posts
89 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: I bought the t2 and feel like there's no bass at all, even with the vent mod. I don't use them at all ever. Go with my moondrop aria and hyby beans. I was really disappointed because the t2 were so hyped.
What tips were you using with the T2? I got the xelastec tips today and tried with the T2, the bass disappeared haha. The bass was quite good using cheap New Bee brand foam ear tips.