JVC HA-FDX1 IEM for $200 USD

Price:
$200
Savings:
%20
Retailer:
Drop.com
https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem

You can only see the price if you are logged in. It used to be $250 USD when I bought it, but it has now been lowered to $200 USD.

All I can say is that it is an absolute treat. This is a modified version of a JVC IEM based on the head-fi community and exclusive to Drop.

The sound is delightful and the bass punchy. I think I even prefer it to my DUNU DK-3001 Pro which costs twice as much. There are a lot of reviews of people for whom this has become their favorite IEM even though they have very expensive pairs. It is a single driver model.

The nozzle is larger than usual on this model compared to other IEMs, but I've had no problems to change the tips with standard sized ones. I use SpinFit and they fit great.

If you want cristal-clear, pleasing sound from a quality, well-built pair that will be a joy to use for years and years, at an affordable price for high end, look no further.
Last edited by Poutinesauce on Jan 15th, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Feb 13, 2006
296 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks for the thread. How much for duty fee and other tax?
Oct 22, 2014
35 posts
14 upvotes
Laval, QC
Are you in Qc ? I'm wondering about the duty fee and taxes too.
Nov 17, 2006
308 posts
554 upvotes
Buying from drop.com I usually get hit with taxes + processing fees for things that are higher than $100 CAD and nothing under $100 CAD.

In AB, that's usually $10 processing fees + 5% sales tax. I haven't been hit with duties ever.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3631 posts
845 upvotes
Thanks to your thread I just discovered new IEM. I never even knew JVC even made highend ones till now
+1 OP
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7044 posts
5719 upvotes
LunaticCalm wrote: Are you in Qc ? I'm wondering about the duty fee and taxes too.
Yes. Personally I didn't have to pay duty fees or taxes on this, it just appeared one day in my mailbox. But it might be the luck of the draw.

In my opinion it is still well worth it even if one ends up paying these fees, because there is nothing that compares in this price range.

I really love mine to bits. I use it almost every day.
Sep 8, 2007
435 posts
219 upvotes
Oh man, I have the 1more triple drivers and the TinAudio T2 Pro (which was very disappointing and needs a lot of EQ to sound ok).

I have been looking at this and debating whether it's worth the money.
Nov 28, 2005
54 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough
Have these as well, for me they are good, balanced sound. Ended up pairing them with NICKHCK cables (original were too heavy) and comply foam tips (did not enjoy the sound with the included tips). Definately go thru the reviews to get an idea if these are for you.
Nov 12, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Poutinesauce wrote: https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem

You can only see the price if you are logged in. It used to be $250 USD when I bought it, but it has now been lowered to $200 USD.

All I can say is that it is an absolute treat. This is a modified version of a JVC IEM based on the head-fi community and exclusive to Drop.

The sound is delightful and the bass punchy. I think I even prefer it to my DUNU DK-3001 Pro which costs twice as much. There are a lot of reviews of people for whom this has become their favorite IEM even though they have very expensive pairs. It is a single driver model.

The nozzle is larger than usual on this model compared to other IEMs, but I've had no problems to change the tips with standard sized ones. I use SpinFit and they fit great.

If you want cristal-clear, pleasing sound from a quality, well-built pair that will be a joy to use for years and years, at an affordable price for high end, look no further.
I have these as well and they are my favourite IEMs.
Sep 8, 2007
435 posts
219 upvotes
Any recommendations for an mmcx cable with microphone to go with this
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7044 posts
5719 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: This or the Mangird tea? I wish there's a place to try them out Pensive Face
The JVC has had way more people giving reviews, so more tried and true.

The Mangird looks really big, I'm not sure how comfortable the fit would be.
Last edited by Poutinesauce on Jan 15th, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 5, 2017
34 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks for sharing OP - just purchased! My old pair of IEMs is finally dying on me.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1239 posts
629 upvotes
I really hope they are worth the 285$C, I rarely go over 200$ for IEMs.

IEM addiction is not pretty. I still use my Master Dynamics ME05 and my 1more quads.
Aug 19, 2011
109 posts
16 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ignoring possible issues with comfort, how is the sound quality compared to the ER2XR?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1241 posts
1179 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
klown wrote: I really hope they are worth the 285$C, I rarely go over 200$ for IEMs.

IEM addiction is not pretty. I still use my Master Dynamics ME05 and my 1more quads.
How do you find the 1more quads? I just got a Fiio Q5s and am looking for some good IE to drive.
Where did you get them from?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1239 posts
629 upvotes
amkorp wrote: How do you find the 1more quads? I just got a Fiio Q5s and am looking for some good IE to drive.
Where did you get them from?
I liked the quads, much better than the trips, I like IEMs that you can wear just in the ear without the wire going around the ear itself. I got them a few years ago on Amazon for 99$ (currently at 142$ which is still not bad (https://www.amazon.ca/1MORE-Headphones- ... ast_sto_dp). The 1more trips and quads go on sale every blue moon on Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1239 posts
629 upvotes
Layze wrote: Have these as well, for me they are good, balanced sound. Ended up pairing them with NICKHCK cables (original were too heavy) and comply foam tips (did not enjoy the sound with the included tips). Definately go thru the reviews to get an idea if these are for you.
NICKHCK cables? Got a link?