[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes

(New offer) Sun Life offer for 5,000 points ($5) through Drop App

Retailer:
Drop
Just noticed not long ago ... and participated in a New Offer in Drop App ...

Sun Life offer for 5,000 drop points ( = $5 ) ...

Steps to qualify for / to receive 5,000 points:

1. Click the button from Drop for this offer -- "Complete the offer / Complete the calculator" (or something like that) button ...

2. Complete that Calculator for insurance quote ("2 minutes" questionnaire about yourself etc)

3. After getting the quote ... - Click on "Review Results with an Adviser"

4. Complete the short form (Re: "Review Results with an Adviser") providing in it your Drop Email address / Email address that you use for your Drop account).

Really painless ... just completed it ... now will wait for 5,000 points.

P.S.

Also completed half hour ago in Drop:

Dollar Shave Club offer ... - currently "boosted up" offer for 20,000 drop points ( = $20 ). Before "Boost up" supposedly it was 15,000 points

Have to be new customer with Dollar Shave Club ... click on the link through Drop App .. and then go shopping and buy a Trial Shave kit for special price $9 ( worked out to be: $9 plus $6 shipping plus taxes ... $16.80 in total.

Supposed to receive that kit in 4 to 6 days or so ( probably business days ? ) ... then should receive 20,000 drop points ( = $20 ).

So still making $3.20 from the deal .. plus getting free Shaving Kit, lol :)

Plus if you need your drop points balance to go up ... this would be good opportunity for it to happen ..

My Drop points balance currently is something like 19,750 ... ---- 5,000 points for Sun Life offer and 20,000 for this Dollar Shave Club offer ... should put me to something like 44,750 drop points ( = $44.75 ) ...

Will be able to get some gift cards with those points if needed / wanted :)
7 replies
Feb 4, 2007
513 posts
315 upvotes
What is this drop app? Can you provide a link go it if android?

Never mind I found it. Not sure if I want to link my credit card to it...
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes
caniran wrote: What is this drop app? Can you provide a link go it if android?

That's your business already ... no need to announce it. It's just a side detail concerning you only. No one is holding a gun to you head to participate or not to participate. :)

P.S.

By the way ... Sun Life called me yesterday ... (to review calculator's result I assume) ... but the lady told me "the Advisor" wants to meet with me, to come to their office etc ... (which is located quite far from me etc).

I told the lady "who are you?" ... she told me just works for the Advisor.

I told her ... Let advisor call me .. and I'll be happy to discuss with her the Calculator's results (which by the way told me: "Calculator recommends to you Insurance in the amount of $0.00 ... lol ... - as I am totally debt free and have some money / savings etc ... -- even their calculator couldn't lie to me that I need an insurance).

I told the lady ... it said in the form to provide you with my email or / and phone number ... and I provided you with both ...

Nowhere in the offer it said that I have to make an appointment and drive somewhere to meet with an advisor to review results of calculator.

Told her their advisor is welcome to come and see me at my place :D
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1015 posts
1260 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
caniran wrote: What is this drop app? Can you provide a link go it if android?

A greed.
Darkman wrote: That's your business already ... no need to announce it. It's just a side detail concerning you only. No one is holding a gun to you head to participate or not to participate. :)

... Sun Life called me yesterday ... (to review calculator's result I assume) ... but the lady told me "the Advisor" wants to meet with me, to come to their office etc ... (which is located quite far from me etc).

I told the lady "who are you?" ... she told me just works for the Advisor.

I told her ... Let advisor call me .. and I'll be happy to discuss with her the Calculator's results (which by the way told me: "Calculator recommends to you Insurance in the amount of $0.00 ... lol ... -

I told the lady ... it said in the form to provide you with my email or / and phone number ... and I provided you with both ...

Nowhere in the offer it said that I have to make an appointment and drive somewhere to meet with an advisor to review results of calculator.

Told her their advisor is welcome to come and see me at my place
:D
Sounds like a Great noninvasive Freebie for $5.
When the "Adviser" visits ask if they have a special on Duct Cleaning or Driveway Paving.
Good Luck.
SOAP & WASH YOUR HANDS! Cough InTo Arm Pits.
I Don't Take Prisoners. We Eat Them.
Better to have a Green Thumb than a Brown Nose!
I am Offended You're Offended.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Just noticed not long ago ... and participated in a New Offer in Drop App ...

Sun Life offer for 5,000 drop points ( = $5 ) ...

Steps to qualify for / to receive 5,000 points:

1. Click the button from Drop for this offer -- "Complete the offer / Complete the calculator" (or something like that) button ...

2. Complete that Calculator for insurance quote ("2 minutes" questionnaire about yourself etc)

3. After getting the quote ... - Click on "Review Results with an Adviser"

4. Complete the short form (Re: "Review Results with an Adviser") providing in it your Drop Email address / Email address that you use for your Drop account).

Really painless ... just completed it ... now will wait for 5,000 points.

P.S.

Also completed half hour ago in Drop:

Dollar Shave Club offer ... - currently "boosted up" offer for 20,000 drop points ( = $20 ). Before "Boost up" supposedly it was 15,000 points

Have to be new customer with Dollar Shave Club ... click on the link through Drop App .. and then go shopping and buy a Trial Shave kit for special price $9 ( worked out to be: $9 plus $6 shipping plus taxes ... $16.80 in total.

Supposed to receive that kit in 4 to 6 days or so ( probably business days ? ) ... then should receive 20,000 drop points ( = $20 ).

So still making $3.20 from the deal .. plus getting free Shaving Kit, lol :)

Plus if you need your drop points balance to go up ... this would be good opportunity for it to happen ..

My Drop points balance currently is something like 19,750 ... ---- 5,000 points for Sun Life offer and 20,000 for this Dollar Shave Club offer ... should put me to something like 44,750 drop points ( = $44.75 ) ...

Will be able to get some gift cards with those points if needed / wanted :)

The insurance adviser (to review calculator's results) wanted me to come to her office for that, lol ... FAR AWAY from my place..
I told her ... No need for that -- I am not buying insurance at present time ... you can review with me the results of calculator over the phone.

"She didn't get to me for few days... And then I tried to contact her ... She goes: "I am not taking any new clients presently ... Happy new year" .... and then just hanged up on me when I wanted to say something about her and the way she conducts business.
I called her few more times ... but she hangs up on me simply ... Total nuts :(

I ended up calling office manager ... told him everything ... and we arranged to transfer my file to another adviser.

Another adviser called me ... we discussed calculator's results ... and she "finished" my file ... now it will go back to Drop etc...

Wasn't pleasant experience because of 1st adviser. But the promo is completed never the less ... only left to get my 5000 points now :)

Dollar Shave Club promo deal went positively / smooth.

Bought for $16.80 total ... already received a package ( some nice shaving stuff inside, including the shavers / blades etc .. fancy handle :) )

Was waiting or my 20,000 points from Drop to arrive in near future ... and not long ago received notification from Drop all: "your 20,000 has arrived".

Went inside the app ... and points total increased from 19K something .. to 39K something ...

Ordered $30 Sephora gift card right away (it's like pure cash to me, lol ... as my wife and her daughter / my stepdaughter -- go there / buy from Sephora on constant basis).

Went to Dollar Shave Club and cancelled my membership with them.

P.S.

Happy I did those 2 Drop deals :) ..... -- 20,000 points arrived already with 5,000 points to still arrive (hopefully soon... so i wont need to hassle with Drop about it).
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes
Looks like doing surveys is fixed maybe.

Just did David Tea survey in drop ... For 25 points...

Points were awarded instantly. I closed the app ...went inside the app again...and the 25 points still there....didn't disappear as was happening previously
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes
Just watched Glossier video for 10 points (located inside Glossier offer ...and the points awarded without issues.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10127 posts
3755 upvotes
Drop payed me 5000 points, not long ago, for Sun Life promo offer ... Cool!