Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes

(New offer) Sun Life RRSP offer for 5,000 points ($5) through Drop App

Retailer:
Drop
(New offer) Sun Life RRSP offer for 5,000 points ($5) through Drop App

Just noticed not long ago ... that the previous similar offer from Sun Life (Sun Life insurance offer) is seemingly RP (or currently anyhow) ... That thread had been moved to Expired Freebies section earlier today ( https://forums.redflagdeals.com/drop-ne ... p-2342322/ )

I received 5000 Drop points for it however by fulfilling quote easy offer's requirements. ( as it was reported in above mentioned thread)

Not long ago I noticed another similar offer in Drop app ... new offer - Sun Life RRSP ... It's quite easy offer as well to complete ... they say 2 minute (to complete their online calculator for it) ... but it probably took me only a minute to complete it. Hopefully will receive 5000 drop points for it just as for Sun Life Insurance offer.

Sun Life RRSP offer for 5,000 drop points ( = $5 ) ...

Steps to qualify for / to receive 5,000 points:

1. Click the button from Drop for this offer -- "Complete the offer" (or something like that) button ...

2. Complete that RRSP Calculator for a quote ("2 minutes" questionnaire ... took me 1 minute only.)

3. After getting the quote ... - Click on "Review Results with an Adviser"

4. Complete the short form (Re: "Review Results with an Adviser") providing in it your Drop Email address / Email address that you use for your Drop account).

5. An advisor supposedly should contact you within 3 business days to discuss the calculator results (no cost, no obligation).

Seems as painless as the previous Sun Life ( Sun Life Insurance ) offer.
11 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
Got my 5000 points today ... Cool! :)

Had to hassle somewhat ... (as, my luck, my calculator's results / my file went again to that Adviser who didn't want to deal with me when I was doing Sun Life Insurance calculator offer (link in OP) ... had to get my file transferred to another Advisor, who I dealt with during the first (Insurance) promo ... involved sending an email or two).

But over all it was quite smooth sailing process ... and quite easy 5000 drop points. :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: Is following up with an advisor tied to Drop awarding the points
Yes.
Just as in previous (Sun Life Insurance calculator) offer of theirs.

You do the calculator ... then fill out short form with your phone number or email or both ...

For advisor to contact you and to discuss their calculator result.

The advisor will send your file to Sun Life head office or wherever ... and you'll get paid 5000 drop points shortly after.

Basically, no advisor thingy - no 5000 drop points lol :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
I was at +1 (upvotes for this thread -1 +2) ... and suddenly I am even steven, lol ... at par

Some "nice forum-mate of mine" (softly spoken) just down voted me ..

And I bet I know who it was ... as I see EananC641158 lurking at the bottom there.

You're still alive bud? ... Where you've been? I didn't see you for a while ... I hope all is well with you. :D
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1579 posts
594 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Yes.
Just as in previous (Sun Life Insurance calculator) offer of theirs.

You do the calculator ... then fill out short form with your phone number or email or both ...

For advisor to contact you and to discuss their calculator result.

The advisor will send your file to Sun Life head office or wherever ... and you'll get paid 5000 drop points shortly after.

Basically, no advisor thingy - no 5000 drop points lol :)
No mention of that in the T&Cs though
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: No mention of that in the T&Cs though
If it's not in T&Cs themselves ... then it was in offer details itself (if you read most of their terms and conditions for various offers -- most of the time they state ... "whatever it was mentioned in the offer itself" etc)

Where do you think I took all those steps in OP from? :)

I was going to check it out one more time ... but the offer is gone for me all together now ... - More likely because I fully completed it and got paid ... unless the offer is pulled now.

But if you still see the offer then it's still on for you. Then you click on the offer ... and read offer's details first ... (don't forget to click on "More" button, if there is such) ... then you can check out Terms and Conditions again).

In any case ... -- Review calculator results was clearly mentioned to me somewhere in the offer when I was doing it ... and if you don't do the Advisor thingy (which is really no biggie, especially if you can agree with advisor not to have an appointment about those results in their office, but to just go over the results, say, over the phone) -- you won't get 5000 drop points. Bottom line.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1579 posts
594 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If it's not in T&Cs themselves ... then it was in offer details itself (if you read most of their terms and conditions for various offers -- most of the time they state ... "whatever it was mentioned in the offer itself" etc)

Where do you think I took all those steps in OP from? :)

I was going to check it out one more time ... but the offer is gone for me all together now ... - More likely because I fully completed it and got paid ... unless the offer is pulled now.

But if you still see the offer then it's still on for you. Then you click on the offer ... and read offer's details first ... (don't forget to click on "More" button, if there is such) ... then you can check out Terms and Conditions again).

In any case ... -- Review calculator results was clearly mentioned to me somewhere in the offer when I was doing it ... and if you don't do the Advisor thingy (which is really no biggie, especially if you can agree with advisor not to have an appointment about those results in their office, but to just go over the results, say, over the phone) -- you won't get 5000 drop points. Bottom line.
T&Cs say:
You must follow steps and meet all criteria on the offer page to receive points.
Please allow up to 30 days after purchase posts to your statement for Drop points to be posted.
Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promo codes.
Points cannot be earned on gift card purchases or returns.
No purchase necessary.
To be eligible to receive offer reward points, you must: (1) complete all questions in the RRSP calculator (2) click on “Review your results with an advisor” and (3) provide your Drop account email address when completing the form.
By completing the offer, you agree a Sun Life Financial advisor may contact you to let you know about opportunities that might meet your financial objectives.
You further agree that Drop Rewards may share your email address directly with Sun Life to confirm your eligibility to receive points.
Learn more about Sun Life’s commitment to protecting your privacy.
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada is a member of the Sun Life group of companies. Copyright © 2019 Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Offer itself says:
How it works
Complete the form using your Drop email
Click "review your results with an advisor"
Complete the calculator
Use the button below to go to the RRSP calculator
You can do everything in the offer and T&Cs without actually having to follow up with the advisor when they try to make contact
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: T&Cs say:

Offer itself says:

You can do everything in the offer and T&Cs without actually having to follow up with the advisor when they try to make contact
Huh? :D

But whatever ... give it a go then and see how it plays out for you. :)

Specifically says in both places above "Click review your results with an advisor" ...

You have to click on that ... and then (which is not up to you already) ... - advisor will be assigned (in you local area more likely), and will contact you either by email or via phone call (depending what you provided on that form ("review your results with an advisor" form), to set up either a meeting with you or, at very least, to have a conversation with you / review calculator's results over the phone (if they'd be willing to go for it / to do it that way).

My advisor told me ... that after meeting with me or if we agree to discuss the results of calculator just on the phone conversation ... she has to sign off some stuff / forms? ... and basically sign off your file that she received from whoever (more likely from head office) back to them ... then they'll probably report to Drop ...

Without advisor signing off and at least getting a hold of you and talking to you ... or meeting with you ... -- nothing will get finalized ... and signed off ... -- and you won't get paid ... because you didn't fulfill the offer (Drop told me so too, when I asked them, while waiting to get paid).
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1579 posts
594 upvotes
I know, and I clicked that button ("review your results with an advisor"), as well as completing the calculator and providing my Drop email address; ergo, technically, I completed what was required in the offer/T&Cs though the bastards probably won't give the points until I follow-up with the advisor or dispute it with them
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
9985 posts
3665 upvotes
Okay .. Good luck then! ^

By the way ... Did you do the previous offer - Sun Life Insurance calculator as well? .. or not?

The link for it is in OP?

It went to Expired freebies now ... but NOW I am not really sure if it's truly expired / not offered by Drop any longer ... or still is?

Same as in Sun Life RRSP deal ... - After completing it, I don't see it any longer ... but you still do.

So maybe Sun Life Insurance deal, I am not seeing ... also, because I completed it ... but maybe you still see both Sun Life offers, if you haven't completed any yet .. or?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1579 posts
594 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Okay .. Good luck then! ^

By the way ... Did you do the previous offer - Sun Life Insurance calculator as well? .. or not?

The link for it is in OP?

It went to Expired freebies now ... but NOW I am not really sure if it's truly expired / not offered by Drop any longer ... or still is?

Same as in Sun Life RRSP deal ... - After completing it, I don't see it any longer ... but you still do.

So maybe Sun Life Insurance deal, I am not seeing ... also, because I completed it ... but maybe you still see both Sun Life offers, if you haven't completed any yet .. or?
No that one's gone