Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Drop x Sennheiser HD 8xx Headphones $1100USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2021 7:22 pm
Nov 26, 2020
21 posts
102 upvotes

Drop x Sennheiser HD 8xx Headphones $1100USD

Deal Link:
These are a collab release of the Sennheiser HD 800s headphones with a few small driver improvements. They are still made by Sennheiser at their factory with their branding on it, not a rip-off brand. HD 800s tend to retail around $2000 Canadian, so these are a great deal at around $1450 after the currency conversion. The price is a preorder for shipping later in the year.

Purchases also get another $200USD worth of points for other items with their purchase. Factor that in, and it’s in the neighborhood of 40% off. First time sign ups get another $10 off.

———

Before people start complaining about how expensive they are, these are LUXURY headphones. HD 800s headphones are essentially the best sounding audiophile headphones money can buy. Obviously you can get great headphones for a fraction of the price. This is for people looking for the best of the best. If you’re in the market for them, this is an amazing deal.

EDIT: Not technically the best in existence. Arguably the best before considerations in the $50k and above range. Thanks Ren.
Last edited by Gregbert1 on Mar 6th, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
141 replies
Jul 8, 2013
454 posts
616 upvotes
AMHERST
Gregbert1 wrote: Before people start complaining about how expensive they are, these are LUXURY headphones. HD 800s headphones are essentially the best sounding audiophile headphones money can buy.
Upvoting because 40% is 40% and you’ve gathered some nice side bonuses.
“Best” is subjective though, so watch out for making claims like that.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
Estimated ship date is Nov 25, 2021. So with Drop, you may not even get it this year.

One thing to be careful of is that there is no Sennheiser warranty, Drop will handle the warranty.
Last edited by Asoul on Mar 6th, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 17, 2006
36 posts
11 upvotes
Excellent price for these! Also includes 20000 Drop Rewards Points. Thumbs Up Sign
Apr 22, 2015
112 posts
188 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I mean this is an okay deal if you're an audiophile enthusiast who happens to be in the market for a sennheisier HD880s. But for RFD this is a pretty niche product. Not to mention you will have to shell out some more bucks for a proper headphone DAC and AMP to actually power this thing if you don't already own the gear.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like you don't get the balanced cable that comes with the HD800s .
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Mostly I don't bother with posting higher end audio gear, because this is the land of "wired headphones still exist?" or "what does this do that my $50 Aukey cans don't?"

As far as a deal, it seems ok since true deals on this headphone are rare, but the wait is LONG. I bought some Drop products that took months to ship that I had even forgotten about them.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
May 20, 2008
151 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
These things will serve you well for decades. They don't break. You make an investment once and you get to enjoy arguably the best sound possible for life. In my book it is more economical not to bother with $100 - $200 phones or anything Apple because it gets too expensive over the years because you have to change them and you never get top end quality.

I have HD600 for 20 years and HD800 for 13. I expect to get 3 times more out of them if I live long enough.
Apr 12, 2015
759 posts
900 upvotes
Alberta
People still buy wired headphones? Why not just buy AirPods Pro?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
2big2fail wrote: People still buy wired headphones? Why not just buy AirPods Pro?
Because my car doesn’t have Bluetooth only a headphone jack
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1711 posts
2485 upvotes
Ontario
2big2fail wrote: People still buy wired headphones? Why not just buy AirPods Pro?
Some people prefer better sound quality.
Sep 6, 2012
586 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
cuz we got money burning a hole in the pocket.

Jking. Airpod Pros are nice but "PROPER" wired setup are more enjoyable if you want to hear every nuance of your music collection. If you just need some background music, anything will do.

Then again, there is the argument if you can HEAR properly :p
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
I have a Schiit Magni/Modi stack, anyone tried running these headphones with them? IMHO it should be fine, but wondering if anyone has first hand experience.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
You may get hit with duty and taxes C.O.D.. If you pay by credit card also add another 2.5% on top of their currency conversion rate.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Gregbert1 wrote: HD 800s headphones are essentially the best sounding audiophile headphones money can buy.
Uhh this isn't even the best headphone Sennhesier makes. The HE-1, Focal Utopia, Hifiman Susvara, Stax SR009s, Meze Empyrean, etc. beg to differ.

Anyway, I'd hard pass on these. Looking at the frequency response graphs, they have even more treble than a regular HD800S Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1013 posts
1562 upvotes
Ren wrote: Uhh this isn't even the best headphone Sennhesier makes. The HE-1, Focal Utopia, Hifiman Susvara, Stax SR009s, Meze Empyrean, etc. beg to differ.

Anyway, I'd hard pass on these. Looking at the frequency response graphs, they have even more treble than a regular HD800S Astonished Face
This guy at least sounds like he could be an audiophile. The comment he is replying to absolutely does not. Like me, I am not an audiophile.

I tried their predecessors in store and they sounded nice.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.

Now, you've got ven more options whn paying for transit with PRESTO contactless payment on UP Express.
Oct 10, 2019
536 posts
540 upvotes
You are not interested in this item. You have zero know-how to pass along. And yet, you had to, just had to, leave an inane comment. Thanks dude, don't ever change. :-)
Jan 18, 2008
159 posts
135 upvotes
After selling Meze 99s covered in mold and HE 4XXs that fall apart of you look at them wrong, I can't see why anyone would spend $1K+ at Drop for these sight unseen.
Nov 26, 2020
21 posts
102 upvotes
Ren wrote: Uhh this isn't even the best headphone Sennhesier makes. The HE-1, Focal Utopia, Hifiman Susvara, Stax SR009s, Meze Empyrean, etc. beg to differ.

LOL yes... if you have $74,900 to spare, HE-1 is Sennheisers best. How silly of me Face With Rolling Eyes

I’m based ‘best’ on the critical analysis by rtings.com and the vast majority of opinions I’ve read. It seems to me to be a general consensus in my research. Regardless, if you are buying these headphones, you’re probably smart enough to be doing your own research and not taking my word for it.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Gregbert1 wrote: LOL yes... if you have $74,900 to spare, HE-1 is Sennheisers best. How silly of me Face With Rolling Eyes

I’m based ‘best’ on the critical analysis by rtings.com. Regardless, if you are buying these headphones, you’re probably smart enough to be doing your own research and not taking my word for it.
Lol rtings.com you have to be kidding. When you make a statement like, "the best sounding audiophile headphones money can buy" it's not supposed have caveats like ohhh, but not that much.

Calgary beef is the best steak money can buy. Oh, Wagyu A5, oh not that much.

The Honda Civic is the best car money can buy. Oh, a Lambo, oh not that much.

It's misleading uninformed people who might jump on this deal. With that said, the HD800S seems to be a superior headphone to this one unless you have severe treble hearing loss. The HD800S already has too much treble for my middle aged ears.