Cell Phones

Which dual SIM for around 250$ USD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2019 3:36 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2009
98 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal

Which dual SIM for around 250$ USD

My dad lost his P20 Pro after only a few months of use. We'd like to get a replacement phone, which can be new or used for around 200-250$ USD (approximately). We will buy off of US sites, so Amazon & eBay prices are perfect.

His needs:
-Dual Sim

Wants:
-Good camera
-Great battery life
-6GB Ram but 4GB will do because of the budget

Would be nice to have but not mandatory:
-Front fingerprint reader
-Some water resistance
-Dual SIM & MicroSD card in the phone at same time? Is that possible?

What do you guys recommend?
Last edited by S2G-Unit on May 31st, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3583 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
Kdegale wrote: My dad lost his P20 Pro after only a few months of use. We'd like to get a replacement phone, which can be new or used for around 150-200$ USD (approximately). We will buy off of US sites, so Amazon & eBay prices are perfect.

His needs:
-Dual Sim

Wants:
-Good camera
-Great battery life
-6GB Ram but 4GB will do because of the budget

Would be nice to have but not mandatory:
-Front fingerprint reader
-Some water resistance
-Dual SIM & MicroSD card in the phone at same time? Is that possible?

What do you guys recommend?
looks like your dad is asking for more than what was in the P20, but at around the same price......
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2009
98 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
chroma_cg wrote: looks like your dad is asking for more than what was in the P20, but at around the same price......
Well, it seems reasonable because it seems like the Samsung M30, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Mi 8 at 250$ (I'll change the initial post) seem to offer pretty much everything except water resistance.

There are just so many phones competing in that price range, I have no clue what to choose.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3583 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
my first question is: your dad "wants" 6GB ram.....what is your dad doing with 6GB ram? does he game or something?
Sr. Member
Jul 19, 2010
607 posts
244 upvotes
Calgary
You have a lot of wants for not a lot of $$$.. maybe a used oneplus 6t? (if you are willing to up the budget and get a used phone)
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14331 posts
4905 upvotes
London
Kdegale wrote: Well, it seems reasonable because it seems like the Samsung M30, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Mi 8 at 250$ (I'll change the initial post) seem to offer pretty much everything except water resistance.

There are just so many phones competing in that price range, I have no clue what to choose.
If you can find a Mi 8 for $250 buy that

You won't get anything else close
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 18, 2009
3583 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: If you can find a Mi 8 for $250 buy that

You won't get anything else close
you can get the mi8 LITE within that budget (which is most likely what the OP saw), no way you can get a main mi8 flagship at that price.

main difference is cpu and camera
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2009
98 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Ended up getting Umidigi F1 Play on Amazon.com. Great phone for 199$ USD.

Top